Menu

Elle Fanning In Naeem Khan – ‘The Beguiled’ LA Premiere

On Monday (June 12), Elle Fanning attended the star-studded LA premiere of her new film, ‘The Beguiled’, which had its world premiere during Cannes Film Festival.

We’re used to seeing the actress in romantic dresses with fairy-tale layers of organza, so this gunmetal gown from the Naeem Khan’s Fall 2017 collection was a very different look for her.

I love how the ruffled straps, peplum and a full-length free-flowing skirt lightens this look somewhat, keeping the look fresh and youthful.

The sweetheart neckline frames Elle’s face beautifully, but do you feel this look would’ve had a greater impact with statement earrings?

Or was she right to let the dress do all the talking?

Tamara Mellon Frontline glitter sandals

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

The Net-A-Porter International Sale Is Now On

The Net-A-Porter International Sale Is Now On

Zoe Kravitz In Oscar de la Renta - 'Rough Night' New York Premiere

Zoe Kravitz In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Rough Night’ New York Premiere

9 Responses to Elle Fanning In Naeem Khan – ‘The Beguiled’ LA Premiere

1. Caroline June 13, 2017 at 3:33 pm #

Probably the first time I haven’t loved a look by Elle Fanning. Heavy, unflattering,hair and make up don’t co-ordinate with the dress. On top of that, on her (she’s a porcelain doll) it looks cheap.

2. Leandra June 13, 2017 at 2:07 pm #

It looks too mature for her. This is a Nicole Kidman’s dress. They could have switched dresses because Nicole’s Carolina Herrera would look perfect on Elle.

• JHH June 13, 2017 at 2:49 pm #

I agree with you completely.

3. Amanda June 13, 2017 at 2:03 pm #

Gorgeous, best dressed always!

4. charlotte June 13, 2017 at 1:01 pm #

a bit heavy for a summer event,but she still looked lovely.
    agreed on the frontline strap sandals fatigue

5. Alina June 13, 2017 at 10:06 am #

It’s a lovely look for Elle, but I think I would have liked it even better if her hair had been in a messy updo and she had worn a nice pair of earrings (metallic dark blue maybe?).

6. Kathy June 13, 2017 at 10:03 am #

The material looks a bit cheap, but Elle is young enough that she can rock it without looking too cheesy. I do wish she would’ve put her hair up though.

And man, those Tamara Mellon sandals (both the Frontline and Reverse Frontline) are everywhere these days, aren’t they? It seems like everyone and their mother owns a pair.

7. Schoolbea June 13, 2017 at 9:50 am #

I’m at that point where she can do no wrong in my eyes! This is eye-catching, it’s not what first springs to mind when one thinks of Naeem Khan, she styled it well and she looks comfortable in it!

My only nitpick here has to do with my Frontline sandal fatigue (plus, this glitter design looks a bit tacky…)

8. Maya June 13, 2017 at 9:48 am #

Elle looks lovely! I love gunmetal grey on the red carpet, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen her in a look like this. Still, something feels a bit off…maybe the length? I think it might work better as either a bit longer or as the runway length. I feel like the hair styling could be better, as well.