Menu

December 7, 2015

Moet British Independent Film Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Moet British Independent Film Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Here is a quick look at a few more celebs who joined Carey Mulligan and Marion Cotillard for the 2015 British Independent Film Awards at Old Billingsgate Market on Sunday (December 6) in London, England.

Laura Carmichael: The ‘Downton Abbey’ actress wore a Christopher Kane dress with a trio of silhouettes which glow softly against this black sleeveless velvet mini dress. Styled with an Anya Hindmarch ‘Crisp Packet’ clutch and black sandals, I continue to be excited by Laura’s red carpet looks. Words I thought I would never say a year ago. You may remember that Rowan Blanchard wore this to a Teen Vogue event.

Gemma Chan: The British actress served up contemporary elegance wearing a Roland Mouret gown which I love for the impeccably tailoring and bright blue hue.

Alicia Vikander: The actress wore a beautiful custom Louis Vuitton crystal accented gown styled with LV sandals and a Fine Jewelry ring. Such a shame about the lacklustre makeup.

kane roland

Christopher Kane Sleeveless Dress
Roland Mouret Ambon Gown

Credit: Getty

Selena Gomez In Camilla and Marc - KIIS FM Jingle Ball

Selena Gomez In Camilla and Marc – KIIS FM Jingle Ball

Who Wore Tom Ford Better...Charlize Theron or La La Anthony?

Who Wore Tom Ford Better…Charlize Theron or La La Anthony?

22 Responses to Moet British Independent Film Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Noemi December 9, 2015 at 4:29 pm #

Gemma Khan looks great, I love the dress and the make-up. Alicia Vikander’s dress is beautiful but basically there’s no styling, she looks a bit ill or like she’s just got out of the bed.

2. TH December 8, 2015 at 3:29 pm #

Alicia looks like a zombie. The other two girls look nice.

3. Nat39 December 8, 2015 at 9:52 am #

Gemma stands out. The clutch wouldn’t be my 1st concern though, It’s the length that bothers me, the skirt is a tad long.

4. Amy December 8, 2015 at 8:30 am #

Gemma’s dress is perfection. great color, great cut. I choose not to see the clutch
    Alicia has a lovely frock but her glam squad failed her big time.
    Laura is okay I guess

5. Alina December 8, 2015 at 5:35 am #

Laura looks OK.

I LOOOVE Gemma’s dress, but the clutch is a little too big.

If this is what we should expect from Alicia during awards season, then the future ain’t lookin’ too bright.

6. K December 8, 2015 at 3:22 am #

Should be corrected to *Gemma Chan

7. Caroline December 8, 2015 at 1:04 am #

Gemma always looks so perfect and polished. I love that dress on her; impeccable. I also like Alicia’s dress and I think this is the first time I’m saying this.

8. Phoenix December 8, 2015 at 12:45 am #

Gemma looks fabulous. Adore that blue! The fit is wonderful and I love the styling. Her hair and makeup are so gorgeously flawless to me.

9. pinksugar December 7, 2015 at 11:30 pm #

Alicia is very hit or miss for me (usually a miss) but I love this dress and was pretty shocked to learn it was LV. But her hair and makeup look ROUGH. As if she isn’t even wearing any. I am never too impressed with her in the beauty department, but her team surely could have given more effort here.

10. Dhppy December 7, 2015 at 10:06 pm #

Gemma Khan is killing it. The hair, the make up, the gown… all are stunning!

11. kane December 7, 2015 at 10:02 pm #

Alicia’s dress works for her. I agree with someone who said it’s not the most flattering picture of her, but this simple spaghetti strap dress works well with her always somewhat unengaged presence. I really liked Laura’s outfit more than I normally do until I realised that these were not abstract embellishments. Hardly ever works for me. Of Gemma’s look I only like how the blue dress, the golden brooch and the red lip work together.

12. Chris December 7, 2015 at 9:30 pm #

I just realized, Laura’s dress has been worn before by Rowan Blanchard. https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2015/10/05/teen-vogue-young-hollywood-party-red-carpet-roundup/

13. Chris December 7, 2015 at 9:27 pm #

Alicia and Gemma are my favs, although I don’t like Gemma’s clutch and yeah, Alicia’s make-up feels lacklustre. I like her effortlessness, but on the occasion, she took the ‘effortlessness’ a bit too literal and hair and make-up don’t live up to the dress or the event.

14. claire December 7, 2015 at 9:20 pm #

They all look great but Laura is my favorite as I love her dress!!

15. james December 7, 2015 at 8:10 pm #

For once that I wasn’t rolling my eyes at an Alicia’s look, she had to roll out of bed and wear the dress just in time. What’s with the lack of make up?
    Gemma is the best one, perfect head to toe!

16. Evita December 7, 2015 at 8:06 pm #

Gemma and Laura look good,except for Gemma’s clutch like Yeliz mentioned,but Alicia looks boring,she is a beautiful girl and I feel like this look isn’t doing her justice

17. Marcel December 7, 2015 at 8:04 pm #

Finally a LV look that I really like but the R, Mouret easily wins.

18. Charlotte December 7, 2015 at 8:01 pm #

Laura looks great. I like Gemma’s dress but the big is ruining the look and Alicia looks sick on this picture.

19. Yeliz December 7, 2015 at 7:55 pm #

I love Gemma’s look apart from the clutch, it’s too big.

• The original AB December 7, 2015 at 10:20 pm #