Menu

Li Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Carol’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Li Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture -  'Carol' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Li Bingbing returned to the red carpet for the premiere of ‘Carol’ during the 68th annual Cannes Film Festival on Sunday (May 17) in Cannes, France.

My immediate thought upon seeing her in this Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture gown was, didn’t you wear this yesterday?

Colour aside, this dress is almost identical in style to the one she wore yesterday.

As beautiful as these gowns are, it’s becoming harder to identify one from the other making them repetitive and at this point, boring.

I have no words for those shoes.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Erin O'Connor In Ralph & Russo Couture -  'Carol' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Erin O’Connor In Ralph & Russo Couture – ‘Carol’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Cate Blanchett In Giles - 'Carol' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Cate Blanchett In Giles – ‘Carol’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

25 Responses to Li Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Carol’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. kane May 19, 2015 at 10:20 am #

Lose the shoes, lose the earrings and I’ll let this ES moment pass favourably.

2. chyc May 18, 2015 at 5:05 am #

She looks pretty but it is predictable and deja-vu.

3. pinksugar May 18, 2015 at 12:54 am #

Beautiful gown but oh those shoes.

4. Eathan May 17, 2015 at 11:28 pm #

The reason why these Asian actresses are wearing platforms is because of their height, they are short and such shoes make their legs longer and the dress looks more fitting.

I think she looks lovely, but yes all Elie Saab and Zuhair Murad dresses are very same-y.

• msj May 19, 2015 at 8:24 am #

These Asian actresses are taller than Reese Witherspoon and Eva Longoria. Fan Bingbing is 5’6.
      Li Bingbing is 5’6″. These are the average heights of most Chinese actresses.

5. Phoenix May 17, 2015 at 10:24 pm #

O disappointing, esp after yesterdays lovely dress. This is very dull in comparison.

6. Caroline May 17, 2015 at 10:22 pm #

Finally she got it right. This looks immaculate on her. Cannes worthy without taking it too far.

7. Nadia99 May 17, 2015 at 9:35 pm #

She looks good *yawn*

8. Fanny May 17, 2015 at 9:11 pm #

Reminds me of Fan Bingbing who used to wear those dresses again and again in Cannes a few years ago.
    Shoes aside she (Li) looks amazing though, I especially like the clutch.

9. fromchi-town May 17, 2015 at 8:45 pm #

We have seen the same gown hundreds of times. Nothing new or even interesting.

10. Jane May 17, 2015 at 8:39 pm #

Boring. Boring. Boring!

11. alvaro_spain May 17, 2015 at 8:30 pm #

Weel, the shoes are not so bad as the ones Fan Bingbing usually wears.

12. tom May 17, 2015 at 8:29 pm #

i said the same thing last year…you are absolutely right…they are ubiquitous on red carpets….thus loosing their prestige…like when everyone started carrying a birkin…and yes those shoes are just wrong.

13. justme May 17, 2015 at 8:29 pm #

For the skirt alone, the Zuhair Murad gown is superior.
    I can’t give Bingbing a pass on this one. There’s nothing new and fresh about this look.

Peep toe platforms should stay in 2007 where they belong.

14. Christine May 17, 2015 at 8:23 pm #

Fug shoes and another Deja Vu dress

15. Charmeleon May 17, 2015 at 8:22 pm #

Her Make Up is so Awful

16. Yeliz May 17, 2015 at 8:19 pm #

As beautiful as the gown looks on her, I also think that it’s too similar to the Zuhair Murad gown. I have no words for the shoes either and I don’t like the earrings.

17. Marcel May 17, 2015 at 8:16 pm #

I think they are quite different dresses. The bodices and skirts are not similar. But they are both very very VERY boring, I agree on it. And that Ipad like clutch ? So off. Those shoes deserve no mention.

18. Alina May 17, 2015 at 8:15 pm #

I prefer this dress over the Zuhair Murad one, but I agree – it’s getting repetitive and boring.

19. Evita May 17, 2015 at 8:15 pm #

Another pretty bling dress? I suggest she changes her name to Li Blingbling since she keeps wearing these almost identical looks

• Marcel May 17, 2015 at 8:19 pm #

It is like one of those birds who catches everything that bling to build their nest in order to attract its partner.

• Evita May 17, 2015 at 8:28 pm #

that’s actually an insanelly accurate discription of her one-dimensional red carpet looks. I guess since she is not really in any major movie this is her way of attracting attention? I’d hate to be her stylist,she is more obsesed with incorporating bling in each and everyone of her looks than my 6 year old niece is with Barbies.

20. Zineb May 17, 2015 at 8:14 pm #

Gorgeous dress. bad shoes

• Guest May 17, 2015 at 9:30 pm #

The dress is ok. What is it with the Bingbing women and their fugly shoes? Horror of horrors. Whoever even came up with the idea of platform shoes like these should go to jail: bad for joints and spine plus just looking heavy, hideous and grotesque by nature.

• Zineb May 17, 2015 at 10:31 pm #

I would gladly start a petition to never see platforms on the red carpet again. I don’t understand the obsession, they might be comfortable but they’re ugly. They put down any dress, even an Elie Saab !