Menu

Lily James In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Cinderella’ LA Premiere

Lily James In Elie Saab Couture - ‘Cinderella’ LA Premiere

Lily James attended the premiere of Disney’s ‘Cinderella’ held at the El Capitan Theatre on Sunday (March 1) in Hollywood, California joining co-stars Sophie McShera and Cate Blanchett.

Not to be upstaged on her special night, the British actress wore a gown fit for a fairytale ending by the red carpet king, Elie Saab.

While some of you will be stifling a not-another-Elie-Saab-Couture-princess-gown yawn, I couldn’t be more enamoured by her Fall 2014 Couture aqua-green gown with its embroidered detailing and perfectly themed outward appearance.

Seriously, what’s not to love?

Oozing elegance from every pore, I love the swept-back do, the flawless makeup and the Kwiat diamonds, which help enhance the look further.

With her butterfly appliqué Christian Louboutin ‘Cinderella’ strass peep-toes acting as her glass slippers and her Charlotte Olympia ‘Time Piece’ clutch ensuring she’s back home by midnight, this is by far her best look of this promo tour.

Do you agree?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Must-Have Monday

Must-Have Monday

Michelle Jenner In Oscar de la Renta - Fotogramas Awards

Michelle Jenner In Oscar de la Renta – Fotogramas Awards

57 Responses to Lily James In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Cinderella’ LA Premiere

1. Linda Z August 1, 2018 at 6:37 am #

One of the most ethereal and beautiful dresses I’ve ever seen. Perfection on Lily James with that darling clutch. I keep coming back to it. Sigh.

2. ramsay March 3, 2015 at 8:54 pm #

I usually don’t like this kind of dresses – and I often criticize them on this site
    I especially criticize when celebrities goes that overboard for a movie premiere – I have said multiple times that this is too much for this kind of events
    But boy did she do right here – Everything is perfect here
    The dress is grand but totally appropriate for the girl playing Cinderella – if ever it was OK to wear a ballgown to a premiere this is it
    The shoes are Cinderella shoes
    The bag choice is wonderful, clever and witty
    The rest: hair, make-up, jewellery flawless
    I am unlikely to have a dress like this in my best of the year (not my cup of tea) – but I will have this one for how wonderful/appropriate/well thought through it is for the occasion
    Well done to her stylist

3. Chloé. March 3, 2015 at 12:05 pm #

The dress is gorgeous and I loooove the clutch. But I don’t love the shoes and I don’t think they really go with the rest of the outfit.

4. jodie March 3, 2015 at 11:15 am #

what a beautiful dress! i love this designer! the look suits the event so well and she looks really pretty and girly

5. amy March 3, 2015 at 9:24 am #

lovely. it’s a perfect fit for the occasion

6. elena March 3, 2015 at 8:58 am #

Whoua Whoua whoua.. BDOFTY.. she looks absolutly stunning!

7. Peony March 3, 2015 at 6:11 am #

She looks exquisite, and the embroidery detail sets this gown apart from the run-up of beaded gowns we’ve seen lately. Love the Charlotte Olympia clutch – couldn’t be more perfect – but I think the shoes are tacky.

8. Alex V March 3, 2015 at 3:49 am #

I’m so excited to see those Louboutin shoes in action! As I previously said on her other premiere outfit, Mr. Louboutin was the designer behind the cinderella shoe.

9. TeaAtTwo March 3, 2015 at 2:47 am #

Can’t help but be spellbinded by a princess moment as pretty as this.

10. Bailey March 3, 2015 at 1:01 am #

Perfect Cinderella gown!! Beautiful!!

11. liz March 2, 2015 at 11:36 pm #

Absolutely wonderful. BDOTW and already on my BDOTY list!

12. Bec March 2, 2015 at 11:07 pm #

She looks lovely but i do wish it was a touch shorter like on the runway so it just skims the floor instead of bunching up at the bottom.

I dont think this will be on my BDOTY list as others were saying, but I do think its a lovely, sweet look – I loved the photo you put on Insta Catherine, very cute!

• Lexa March 3, 2015 at 8:27 am #

I also think the dress is too long and sits kind of to low in the middle – possibly Lily is shorter than the model, but the dress could and should have been modified to fit her properly. As it is, it keeps dragging at the carpet.
      And although Lily looks very lovely and I really like her hair, make-up and clutch, the dress as such does not appeal to me, especially at the close up – those embelishments look like grains of rice or some knd of pills that got under the fabric accidentally while she was dressing up.

13. Athena March 2, 2015 at 10:25 pm #

This look just jumped to the top of my BDOTY list. I love the delicateness of the look, the color, LOVE the clutch, and normally the shoes would be off-putting but they fit perfectly with the Cinderella theme. Like someone said above, we see too many look alike Elie Saab gowns, but this is the perfect occasion for one, and the color and accessories make it memorable.

14. kane March 2, 2015 at 9:48 pm #

Doesn’t work for me. The allusion on the sleeves is very well done, but the golden-yellowish-beige bit in the middle is off-putting as are the embellishments, which remind me of little bugs crawling up and down her body. No, thanks.

• kane March 2, 2015 at 11:17 pm #

All that said, I do love the clutch though. Very well chosen, pointed enough and yet still subtle. But I’m a sucker for the Charlotte Olympias anyway.

15. Kim March 2, 2015 at 8:53 pm #

Not one for princessy looks normally but undeniably gorgeous and going to make all the BDOTY lists.

16. Chris March 2, 2015 at 8:19 pm #

The shoes are tacky, but the dress is a stunning work of art.

17. shaphalf March 2, 2015 at 8:14 pm #

She looks so ethereal and very beautiful. I can’t say I’m excited by it, but you can’t deny the effect.

18. tom March 2, 2015 at 7:52 pm #

his dresses are beautiful and in this case appropriate we just see them too much…it’s kind of like when suddenly everyone had a birkin bag…it lost a bit of it’s cache.

19. Zeek March 2, 2015 at 7:25 pm #

She looks amazing and even though it’s yet another Elie Saab ballgown that we’ve seen countless times before, this is actually the perfect occasion to wear one. And the clutch is too cute and clever.

20. DM March 2, 2015 at 7:14 pm #

Very lovely indeed and well suited for the occasion. Shoes are fine for me. I love the ‘lit from within’ look that the Elie Saab gowns typically have, especially when one notices how her hands show through from within the pockets. Plus the beads on the bodice look like small, exquisite pearls or grains of some exotic rice. All in all a very memorable look. I’m adding in my BDOTY list.

21. Claire March 2, 2015 at 6:34 pm #

This is the first look she’s worn on this tour that I’ve actually like. Still not a fan of the shoes, but this is much improved for me.

22. AB March 2, 2015 at 6:18 pm #

She looks amazing! Love h2t.

23. Phoenix March 2, 2015 at 6:04 pm #

I say how sick I am of Elie Saab but this is a gorgeous dress, esp in the close ups. Love this dress!
    The shoes I love too but not with the dress. Shoes are overkill. Simpler would of been much much better. Clutch is interesting idea, and works well for theme.

24. Pedro March 2, 2015 at 5:57 pm #

Nothing new but she look fantastic!

Almost every Elie Saab looks the same but yeah, another BDOTW for him!

25. Cuteboy March 2, 2015 at 5:57 pm #

Perfection. Just stunning.

26. JHH36 March 2, 2015 at 5:01 pm #

Love, love the dress and the clutch. I do not like the shoes with this dress. The funny thing to me is the picture with Cate Blanchett in which they look like they are dressed for two completely different events.

27. Britta March 2, 2015 at 4:09 pm #

A strong contender for Best Dressed of The Year! This is perfect!

28. pinksugar March 2, 2015 at 4:01 pm #

This is fairytale perfection from head to toe. I love that with this whole promo tour she didn’t forget the theme or her character. This was the perfect finale look from the princess dress to the dreamy shoes. I only wish Cate had followed suit.

29. Ana March 2, 2015 at 3:52 pm #

I love it!! Specialy the acessories that are so perfect for the Cinderella theme! Elie Saab heaven!!

30. Betelgeuze March 2, 2015 at 3:38 pm #

Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. YESSSSSS.
    BDOTY.

31. Nat39 March 2, 2015 at 3:33 pm #

She looks really beautiful but the shoes feel like a bit of an overkill with such already pretty and sparkly princessy gown.

• dee March 2, 2015 at 5:10 pm #

• justme March 2, 2015 at 6:48 pm #

32. Carmen March 2, 2015 at 3:31 pm #

Soooo Great¡¡¡ I love it¡¡¡ The perfect dress for the perfect occasion.

33. from-chitown March 2, 2015 at 3:09 pm #

I am enamored by this look. It cannot get more Cinderella than this. She looks gorgeous, and looks like she is having fun. Its a winning look for me. I like this over E. Banks Saab look. This is more delicate and the color looks beautiful on her. This is a definite BDOTW and a potential BDOTY look in my opinion.

34. Kimma March 2, 2015 at 3:04 pm #

She’s having the perfect princess moment. I couldn’t fault a single thing. My absolute favourite touch is the clutch!

35. Nadia99 March 2, 2015 at 3:02 pm #

That gown is a piece of art !! BDOTY potential !!!!

36. Sunshine March 2, 2015 at 3:01 pm #

Elizabeth Banks and now Lily James, I love memorable Elie Saab moments like these! They’re simply beautiful!!

37. Jenny March 2, 2015 at 2:58 pm #

Beyond perfection! This might even be BDOTY!

38. Stel March 2, 2015 at 2:57 pm #

I’m so excited by this look! And this clutch.. oh my.. <3 <3

39. sophie March 2, 2015 at 2:56 pm #

J’ADORE. BDOTW and BDOTY. SWOON. H-T-T.

40. Chris March 2, 2015 at 2:51 pm #

Stunning! I love everything about this.

41. CE March 2, 2015 at 2:50 pm #

BDOTY candidate!

42. Maria March 2, 2015 at 2:35 pm #

Modern Cinderella! It’s absolutely gorgeous. And how cheeky is the clock clutch? Perfect.

• mm March 2, 2015 at 2:39 pm #

I so agree

43. jones19 March 2, 2015 at 2:32 pm #

Ahh I love it! Lily James you gave us all what we wanted!

44. Serena March 2, 2015 at 2:30 pm #

Simply enchanting! Love this 🙂

45. Anne March 2, 2015 at 2:13 pm #

Lately, I am the first one in line to yawn at another beaded Elie Saab gown, but this is perfection. Perfect gown for the event, tailored to a “T”, fantastic accessories (the cheeky clock clutch!!), and lovely hair and makeup. If I have to nitpick, I am not completely sold on the shoe color.

I know most everyone gasped over Elizabeth Banks red ES number, but this is the Elie Saab gown I will remember at the end of the year.

• Iva March 2, 2015 at 2:24 pm #

ITA

46. Yeliz March 2, 2015 at 2:11 pm #

She looks divine, I wouldn’t change a thing, it’s perfect for this premiere. This is, without a doubt, BDOTW-worthy.

• Christine March 2, 2015 at 7:20 pm #

Absolutely! Definitely BDOTW worthy. Exquisite!

47. Charlotte March 2, 2015 at 2:11 pm #

She looks great but I don’t really like this color on her.

• CreoleLady March 2, 2015 at 8:15 pm #

+1. Part of it for me is that I prefer her with her natural brunette hair, have not warmed up to her as a blonde. Still, the dress is a Cinderella dress for sure, love her “glass slippers”.

48. Rebecca Z March 2, 2015 at 1:54 pm #

Spectacular. BDOTY candidate. She saved the best for now.

• gabis March 2, 2015 at 2:37 pm #

True and in perfect tune with the movie. Totally love it.