Menu

ELLE's Annual Women in Television Celebration

ELLE’s Annual Women in Television Celebration

Get The Look: Kate Bosworth's 'Still Alice' New York Screening Makeup

Get The Look: Kate Bosworth’s ‘Still Alice’ New York Screening Makeup

43 Responses to Fashion Critics’ Golden Globe Awards Roundup

1. Miguel January 16, 2015 at 5:31 am #

This maight be the first time I don’t agree on the Best Dressed Award with you. However there’s no wonder Felicity really looked regal on that dress. Thanks for trhe covering! Can’t wait for the next Awards show.

2. briahnna January 15, 2015 at 10:32 pm #

Jenna Dewan and Allison Williams were my favorite. I really can’t believe Allison’s Armani gown wasn,t listed. She looked like the new age Anne Hathaway in that beautiful gown.

• briahnna January 15, 2015 at 10:33 pm #

Also really like Diane Kruger who is not mentioned on her either

3. Carrie January 15, 2015 at 7:54 pm #

Oh how I love your awards! Always a treat to see not only your selections, but to read the award names. 🙂

4. Florence January 15, 2015 at 2:27 pm #

Jenna Dewan! Loved that gown on her and her arm candy!

5. Kimma January 15, 2015 at 10:48 am #

Glad Felicity got some love here – I thought she nailed it.

I would have chosen julianne Moore and Alison Williams over Dakota and Viola.

Rosamund Pike was definitely worst.

6. Lexa January 15, 2015 at 7:47 am #

My best dressed +1 was by far Diane Kruger, and her and Joshua Jackson were for me the best dressed couple. Jenna’s dress is nice, but way too long and kind of sits wrong on her.

7. Simrit January 15, 2015 at 6:46 am #

I’m missing Julianna Moore on this list! Really thought she was the best dressed of the night. Such a stunning dress.

8. jess January 15, 2015 at 6:25 am #

I loved Felicity’s dress! Great choice FC, its nice to see someone unexpected as best dressed!

9. Jess2 January 15, 2015 at 5:06 am #

Great choices! I’m not totally on board with Felicity as best dressed though, her dress is a bit too 19th century for my liking although she did look quite nice. I’m still undecided about my best dress but Sienna, Diane, Kate and Jenna are right up there.
    I’m still struggling to get over how much of a let down Amal was and like many others, Rosamund was my worst dressed.
    I always love what Jenna wears, she is so consistent in my eyes.

10. Nicky January 15, 2015 at 1:57 am #

Quite surprised at these results, but I think Felicity is deserving. Also surprised at the Worst Dressed recipient. My worst was by far Keira Knightley.

11. Valissa January 14, 2015 at 11:31 pm #

I don’t agree with Felicty being the best dressed even if I did like it. But I agree with everything else with my top 5 being:

Dakota
    Jenna Dewan Tatum (I’m glad it got some love, it’s so beautiful!)
    Sienna Miller
    Jessica Chastain
    Julianne Moore

With an honorable mention to Kristen Wigg which is also thought was beautoful!

Thanks for the coverage yet again! Can’t wait for the rest of award season!

12. kane January 14, 2015 at 10:48 pm #

Bit of a lackluster event fashion-wise to be honest–not quite up to the task of being the Globes. My top5 is

Diane Kruger
    Felicity Jones
    Leslie Mann
    Jessica Chastain
    Viola Davis

I’m not sure which of these will only remotely stand the test of time though.

13. Larissa January 14, 2015 at 10:34 pm #

Felicity’s dress is slowly growing on me…the more I look at it the more I like it, she kind of reminds me of Audrey Hepburn here. Jessica remains my favourite though, she looked just like the true Hollywood diva that she is,all class and sophistication. The boobage didn’t bother me at all, in my opinion she looked comfortable and not try-hard even with so much exposed skin.

14. Rachel January 14, 2015 at 10:17 pm #

These are my 3 favourites and in no particular order:
    Julianne Moore surprised me from moment zero and I love the whole look.
    Sienna Miller looks beautiful and modern and I would love to have her dress.
    Lupita Nyongo, she looks great, great colour, great spring, this is a refreshing look, not wearing pants.
    The threee of them looked so beautiful, they were just perfect.

Special mentions to the following ones:
    Best Piece of Art to the Alison Williams red dress, I think it’s an incredibly beautiful dress and it could have been one of the best looks of the night if it wasn’t for the terrible hair and make up that didn’t make her beautiful at all. This is quite difficult in her case, but it happened.
    The best Versace dress should be the red one from Heidi Klum, I don’t usually like her style but this time she was wearing an impressive dress, I like it better than the Kate Hudson one that offered too much cleavage.
    Leslie Mann and Jenna Dewan Tatum should share the best yellow dress because they both looked so perfect in their own styles.
    And, Jennifer Lopez looked stunning and should win for the Sexiest and most exotic look award .

In the worst dressed category I could mention the following:
    Rosamund Pike is definately the worst of all, I even felt sorry for her because she is so gorgeous and that dress didn’t fit at all.
    Emily Blunt wore a nice dress but I really have to mention her in the worst makeup category because that makeup could even change her face and make her look strange and a bit ugly, but I love her earrings. It’s just that I couldn’t stop thinking about her makeup.
    And, since it seems a lot of people love their looks but I didn’t, I will have to talk about Emma Stone and Jessica Chastain. I always love the looks of these two ladies but this time I was totally disapointed with the fact that Emma Stone decided to not make any effort for Golden Globes fashion viewers, I like her look as much as I like Jennifer Aniston look, both look perfect and beautiful but nothing else.
    And Jessica Chastain should have used a different bra, I didn’t like how my sight was all the time on her boobs.

15. Sunny January 14, 2015 at 9:10 pm #

You always seem to choose the dress with most embellishments to the best use of embellishments award and I usually never agree with that choice. This Dakota Johnson’s dress and her whole look looks so old. Not a good look.

16. Koma January 14, 2015 at 9:07 pm #

I was also surprised with hate that Kristen Wiigs look got but I also remember that the your post about it was very unforgiving of the look.
    I’m also surprised at worst dressed as Rosamund Pike and Lana Del Rey were much worse than Ruth!

17. H January 14, 2015 at 7:47 pm #

ZzZz Awards? HAHAHAHAHAHA! You’re hilarious FC, I love it!

18. Martina January 14, 2015 at 6:44 pm #

Amy Adams as The Best Atelier Versace Award for me.

• Li January 14, 2015 at 11:36 pm #

• Quinn January 15, 2015 at 7:30 am #

Agreed!

• Nicky January 15, 2015 at 9:30 pm #

Agreed! Such a beautiful color

19. Valentina January 14, 2015 at 6:22 pm #

I thought you disliked Felicity’s dress. It is not the best… not really. For me, Julianne Moore was more deserving anyway.

• Catherine Kallon January 14, 2015 at 7:03 pm #

Please note a member of my team wrote that post. This post shows my favourites.

20. Nat39 January 14, 2015 at 5:44 pm #

I think, Felicity is a fantastic choice – grand, unexpected , and presented impeccably (although I doubt it’s going to beat Camilla Belle’s dramatic gala-worthy teal Carolina Herrera gown as Felicity’s look is a bit stiff with the fold at the neckline pulling a bit too much, and has a “governess” feel). Matt Bomer was a given.

Baffled by the absence of Diane Kruger – she was on a higher level as far as refined glamour goes.

The best of Atelier Versace had to go Kate Hudson as far as i”m concerned – her look was more modern as opposed to Jessica’s rather dated and tired look and if anyone can rock a deep plunge it’s Kate – Jessica’s bust presentation was clearly not done right.

Allison Williams’s gown was by far the most striking and incredible imo. among reds.

And Emma doesn’t deserve Best anything as far as I’m concerned. Alternative – yes and that’s all it was.

Very much agree with the Hideous Styling award.

• Rashmi January 14, 2015 at 6:20 pm #

Yes , Yes , Yes, Yes and Yes.. Yes to all that you wrote 😀

• Cara January 14, 2015 at 7:26 pm #

+2 Agreed on all points

21. Sanya January 14, 2015 at 5:38 pm #

I didn’t like January Jones’s outfit that much, however Viola, Jessica, Lupita and Dakota were among mine favourites too. The biggest dissapointement for me was Jennifer Aniston, while Amal is still in some grey zone, can’t define her style. The worst dress for me was Rosamund Pike.

• Sanya January 14, 2015 at 5:59 pm #

Felicity Jones 🙂

22. Mel January 14, 2015 at 5:29 pm #

Julianne Moore killed Dakota Johnson when it comes to embellishment, in my opinion 🙂

• Delphi January 14, 2015 at 11:36 pm #

Yes! Better dress, better styling, just a much better look. I thought Julianne Moore was one of the best on the night!

• chyc January 15, 2015 at 2:18 am #

23. Alina January 14, 2015 at 5:21 pm #

I’m a little shocked by your best dressed. Didn’t think you’d like it so much.

Completely agree with most of these, even if I’m, again, a little shocked that Diane Kruger is not here.

• Thit January 14, 2015 at 5:31 pm #

+1 Where is Diane?! She was my absolute favourite!

24. Scarlett January 14, 2015 at 5:04 pm #

It pains me to say it, but I think Rosamund Pike deserved worst dressed over Ruth

• Mel January 14, 2015 at 5:13 pm #

+1. I’m still trying to process it. Such a sad chioce of dress.

• towanda January 14, 2015 at 6:29 pm #

• minky2 January 14, 2015 at 6:16 pm #

Totally agree Rosamund worst dressed. Also Matt Bomer had a weird dyed-red haircolor, if you actually saw it on TV, so he can’t be best. Other than that, I have only minor disagreements with these choices, so good job Fashion Critic.

• Dawn January 16, 2015 at 12:28 am #

Bomer still looked the best to me.

• cherrysoftness January 15, 2015 at 1:58 am #

Sadly agree. Ruth and Kate Mara were at the same level for me, and both were forgivable from afar. Rosamund was a glaring mess from any angle, from any distance.

• chyc January 15, 2015 at 2:17 am #

• CreoleLady January 15, 2015 at 7:49 am #

+6, tied with Keira Knightley for me.

• Zee January 15, 2015 at 4:27 pm #

Totally agree, jointly with Keira Knightley.