Menu

October 14, 2014 Photocall, Premiere

Reese Witherspoon In Giambattista Valli & Stella McCartney - 'Wild' London Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Reese Witherspoon was in England to promote her latest movie, ‘Wild’, during the 58th BFI London Film Festival on Monday (October 13).

Photocall: Her day started at the May Fair Hotel, where she attended a photocall for the movie wearing a Giambattista Valli Resort 2015 black dress. Even with alluring sheer inserts, this look is still very refined, especially when styled with simple black patent-leather pumps.

Premiere: Later that same evening Reese donned a Stella McCartney gown for the premiere. Stella gowns are usually graced with a compelling femininity. Sadly, though, I’m not a fan of the contrasting elements on the bodice on this occasion; with the two animal prints, lace, and the sheer panel, there is just too much going on. It just doesn’t work for me.

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior - 'Serena' London Film Festival Screening

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior – ‘Serena’ London Film Festival Screening

Chanel Dinner Celebrating 'N°5 THE FILM' By Baz Luhrmann

Chanel Dinner Celebrating ‘N°5 THE FILM’ By Baz Luhrmann

20 Responses to Reese Witherspoon In Giambattista Valli & Stella McCartney – ‘Wild’ London Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

1. Jen October 15, 2014 at 12:26 am #

i LOVE LOVE LOVE stella mccartney dress. its so sultry, so sexy, so unlike the boring predictable dresses reese likes to wear, common, we have to give her that 😛

2. Bailey October 14, 2014 at 10:17 pm #

The first look is underwhelming, the second is overwhelming…I can’t even decide which look is better…hmm..

3. kane October 14, 2014 at 10:07 pm #

Really loving the first one and not only in comparison to the second look.

4. Nadine October 14, 2014 at 8:56 pm #

Like both – yeah ric rac, but especially the second.

5. sanette October 14, 2014 at 5:14 pm #

I like the 2nd look more but I’m glad her hair covers one of the prints. I think she looks surprisingly great in everything she wears lately.

6. Peony October 14, 2014 at 3:42 pm #

First looks is just kind of boring. I actually don’t mind the second look, but an up’do would have saved it. All the detail on the dress, the hair and strong makeup are competing for attention.

7. Rebecca Z October 14, 2014 at 3:40 pm #

Not a fan of the photo call dress as it makes her shoulders look enormous. The gown is not my favorite dress, but it is a departure for Reese and she looks amazing in it. I think she really sells it and her hair and makeup are gorgeous.

8. Yeliz October 14, 2014 at 3:20 pm #

Way too much going on in that Stella McCartney look. She should’ve at least worn her hair in a simple updo. Her first look is nice.

9. pinksugar October 14, 2014 at 3:16 pm #

I’m not blown away by either look but if I have had to choose I prefer the gown.

• Nat39 October 14, 2014 at 3:42 pm #

I’d also choose the gown of the 2. It gives her a nice silhouette. The cut of the 1st one doesn’t flatter her much. Not exactly loving either.

10. Lara October 14, 2014 at 1:43 pm #

I’m happy to be in the minority here. I like the first look, as it is event-appropriate and flattering. But I love the second. Love it. She looks stunning.

11. dee October 14, 2014 at 1:33 pm #

I like the first look. The second look is OK. I agree about the design of the dress.

12. gabis October 14, 2014 at 1:15 pm #

Oh, she was on such a good roll! But then again I guess it had to end one day, right?

13. Gha October 14, 2014 at 12:02 pm #

Well, at least she tried something quite different than what she uses to wear… It’s not really her fault, the dress is just ugly. And I don’t think the sheer panel trend is good for Reese, it’s not really flattering on her. On all the pictures with this dress, she doesn’t smile, she looks quite un-at-ease.

14. Iva October 14, 2014 at 11:52 am #

Like the first but not the second.

15. Fiona-Brasil October 14, 2014 at 11:43 am #

I like better the first look, but I think the second is sort of fun.

16. Marcel October 14, 2014 at 11:39 am #

I totally agree with you. The Giambattista is lovely and the Stella is hardly overdone and its backside is even worse.

17. Christine October 14, 2014 at 11:37 am #

Her first look is ok

18. Lashae October 14, 2014 at 11:35 am #

Really dislike the SM dress. Its kind of ugly.

I agree with all your points Catherine about it. I might’ve looked better if it were on someone who was taller or who might’ve carried it better.

19. MissD October 14, 2014 at 11:26 am #

I like her hair and makeup at the premiere, not the usual lady who lunches.