Menu

July 31, 2014 Runway To Red Carpet

Aubrey Plaza In Tanya Taylor – AOL’s BUILD Speaker Series: ‘Life After Beth’

Aubrey Plaza In Tanya Taylor - AOL's BUILD Speaker Series 'Life After Beth'

Aubrey Plaza attended AOL’s BUILD Speaker Series to discuss her role in ‘Life After Beth’ held at AOL Headquarters in New York City on Wednesday (July 30).

The actress opted for a youthful look, donning a tee rendered in that popular gingham and floral print from Tanya Taylor’s Spring 2014 collection which she paired with a leather pleated mini skirt, taking her look into cooler territory.

This pairing, which would be considered the ultimate contrast, was rounded out with complementary baby-blue platform pumps which leave me breathless.

TAN0011401167001_1

You can buy Aubrey’s Tanya Taylor Grey Silk Organza Bora Top from Avenue32.com.

Credit: Style.com & MPNC/AKM-GSI

Who Wore Michael Kors Better...Heidi Klum, Iman or Chiling Lin?

Who Wore Michael Kors Better…Heidi Klum, Iman or Chiling Lin?

Cameron Diaz In Saint Laurent - 'Sex Tape' Mexico City Premiere

Cameron Diaz In Saint Laurent – ‘Sex Tape’ Mexico City Premiere

12 Responses to Aubrey Plaza In Tanya Taylor – AOL’s BUILD Speaker Series: ‘Life After Beth’

1. chittychittybangbang August 1, 2014 at 6:13 am #

N.O.

2. Susan July 31, 2014 at 9:21 pm #

Really really cute.

3. sophie July 31, 2014 at 7:52 pm #

I’m excited about Aubrey’s style.

Tanya Taylor, Suno, House of Holland, Christopher Kane, Chris Benz, Jonathan Saunders, Mary Katrantzou, Christian Siriano (PLEASE) are in order.

Any other recommendations?

4. Chloe July 31, 2014 at 4:19 pm #

I don’t like the shoes with this, she should’ve worn sandals.
    Side note: Tanya Taylor is on her way to become a red carpet must for starlets. I love her clothes

5. dee July 31, 2014 at 1:38 pm #

The top is OK but a pleated skirt like that one makes you look heavier.

6. Leto July 31, 2014 at 12:55 pm #

I like the colour of the shoes, but not the shoe itself with the rest of the outfit. They look too chunky. And there is something about the top/skirt combination i dont’ like, bit I can’t put my finger on it.

• julyol1972 July 31, 2014 at 3:53 pm #

The color of the shoe compliments her top and the neutral skirt beautifully, but it’s too chunky. If it had been a sandal, it would’ve been perfect.

Also, I think the skirt should’ve been more streamlined, rather than pleated. Right now it looks a little schoolgirlish, but a pencil skirt would make the outfit more chic.

• teleholic July 31, 2014 at 10:28 pm #

I completely agree! The shoe is stunning on its own, and the color works incredibly well with the rest of the look. However, it felt too heavy for me and kind of weighed down what was otherwise a very streamlined look. It didn’t ruin the look for me at all, but I also wished for something a bit daintier.

7. Christine July 31, 2014 at 11:06 am #

Not liking the combo of the top and skirt. The skirt is a no! Not liking the shoes either

8. e July 31, 2014 at 11:00 am #

This looks really screams “cool” to me, especially with her neutral makeup! I love it.

9. Alex July 31, 2014 at 9:17 am #

I need those shoes in my life!

• Alina July 31, 2014 at 10:30 am #

I came here to write the same thing.