Lupita Nyong'o In Giambattista Valli - 7th Annual ESSENCE Black Women In Hollywood Luncheon

Lupita Nyong’o attended the 7th annual ESSENCE Black Women In Hollywood luncheon held at Beverly Hills Hotel on Thursday (February 27) in Beverly Hills, California.

Some actresses, like Christina Ricci, who have this uncanny ability to look 6ft tall. While I didn’t think Lupita was that tall, she certainly has the ability to look very statuesque which is why I was so surprised to discover how petite she was at today’s event.

We’ve seen Lupita master every trend, but the crop top trend which she worked today wearing a Giambattista Valli Spring 2014 cream two-piece look styled with matching Sophia Webster shoes, an Elie Saab clutch and Neil Lane jewels.

Opting to keep her hair simple on this occasion, she did added a gold hair band for a delightfully dainty touch.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Debra Messing In Angel Sanchez - 2014 Emmy Awards

Debra Messing In Angel Sanchez – 2014 Emmy Awards

Tika Sumpter In Bibhu Mohapatra - 7th Annual ESSENCE Black Women In Hollywood Luncheon

Tika Sumpter In Bibhu Mohapatra – 7th Annual ESSENCE Black Women In Hollywood Luncheon

16 Responses to Lupita Nyong’o In Giambattista Valli – 7th Annual ESSENCE Black Women In Hollywood Luncheon

1. Christne February 28, 2014 at 01:08 #

I kinda wish she can stop this trend of matchy matchy her shoes to every outfit. Other than that, she looks nice.

2. Nat39 February 28, 2014 at 01:25 #

This is more like it, finally her kind of look – simple, sharp, modern, on-trend, and shows off her toned physique, crisp white is great for her. Glad too see she toned down the makeup, her matching white shoes and gold accessories go perfectly.

• Nat39 February 28, 2014 at 17:30 #

The pumps are fine , it’s a luncheon. Plus they have nice gold heels that coordinate perfectly with the rest of her styling. I think they are a good choice on this occasion.

• Nat39 February 28, 2014 at 17:45 #

…she is wearing a bold cropped top. I like that elegant pumps tone it down and add sophistication for the afternoon event.

3. pinksugar February 28, 2014 at 01:45 #

If I ever see another crop top it will be too soon. You know when something doesn’t look amazing on this woman then it’s not a good look. I am also a bit over the matchy-matchy thing but as usual her makeup is beautiful and her smile lights up the world.

4. Carla February 28, 2014 at 01:57 #

How petite is she? I know you’re quite tall.

• Catherine Kallon February 28, 2014 at 02:06 #

She was shoulder high and we were both wearing heels. She’s 5 ft 5in

5. CreoleLady February 28, 2014 at 02:40 #

Gold strappy sandals (or even gold pumps) and I would be in love. As it is, I’m in like.

Yes, I know 5’5″ is average height but she seems so tiny. Hence my concern about the Saab FC would like to see her in for the Oscars, as beautiful as it is. On the other hand, Lupita has wonderful poise and posture so I’m hopeful she can work a big ball gown should she choose to wear one.

• Catherine Kallon February 28, 2014 at 02:56 #

Yes, now that I have seen her, that Elie Saab wouldn’t be right.

• justme February 28, 2014 at 14:31 #

ita
      Gold shoes would have been the perfect choice.
      She still looks great from the ankles up though.

6. arwa February 28, 2014 at 02:43 #

My favorite look from her since the red Ralph Lauren. I loved the dainty golden headband. I wish if she chose different shoe color. Maybe golden metallic. And I though she is shorter, I though she’s in my hight 156 cm, bad for me I though we can be buddies

7. brat February 28, 2014 at 03:07 #

She looks great, but I am sick and tired of her pointy toed old lady pumps. They are starting to bring down her looks for me. Can I really say I love them if it’s only ankle’s up?

8. Alina February 28, 2014 at 05:27 #

I love this outfit – the colour, the fit, the accessories + I really think this length works best for her.

9. Charlotte February 28, 2014 at 08:29 #

I’m tired of her matchy-matchy styling.
    She looks good, but with better styling it would have been great.

10. Yeliz February 28, 2014 at 10:04 #

I’m also a bit tired of the matchy matchy styling. Really like the ensemble on her though.

11. snowlion March 1, 2014 at 10:44 #

It’s the shoes, with the skirt length it makes her legs look stumpy, another choice would have worked better; but saying that, she still looks beautiful as always.