19.01.14

Cate Blanchett In Givenchy – 2014 SAG Awards

Cate Blanchett In Givenchy – 2014 SAG Awards

Cate Blanchett was a rosy vision on the red carpet of the 2014 SAG Awards Saturday in Los Angeles (January 18).

The star wore a Givenchy Spring 2014 draped gown with sparkling pink sequined accents styled with Chopard jewels and Roger Vivier ‘Smocking’ sandals.

Her blush-hued eyeshadow, blush and lipstick are the most superb complements, and the easy-going updo leads us to believe that it really might be easy for Cate to look this gorgeous.

Because of the bodice of this gown, I’m thinking it might be polarizing, despite how much I love this look. So let me know–are you as smitten as I am?

Credit: Getty

Sofía Vergara In Donna Karan Atelier - 2014 SAG Awards

Sofía Vergara In Donna Karan Atelier – 2014 SAG Awards

Michelle Dockery In J. Mendel - 2014 SAG Awards

Michelle Dockery In J. Mendel – 2014 SAG Awards

61 Responses to Cate Blanchett In Givenchy – 2014 SAG Awards

1. Anne Gallagher January 19, 2014 at 01:16 #

The bodice is off putting and clumsy looking. I love her make-up though.

2. Sasha January 19, 2014 at 01:18 #

she looks as a delicate flower.STUNNING

• Nat January 19, 2014 at 01:41 #

I agree. I am in love with this look

• Mia January 19, 2014 at 05:07 #

+100

• Anj January 19, 2014 at 06:58 #

She’s just glowing. I love it!

• chryssa January 19, 2014 at 11:12 #

3. Christine January 19, 2014 at 01:18 #

Sadly, this is a no for me. Love her makeup as well.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 19, 2014 at 01:27 #

+1. the neckline and collar are lovely, the middle of the dress just seems heavy and my eye is drawn only to it.

• amy January 19, 2014 at 03:37 #

agree

• Sophy January 19, 2014 at 13:22 #

I agree – hate this -looks like a cheap chiffon sari worn backwards by a someone who doesn’t know how to wear it!!!

• Sanya January 19, 2014 at 20:54 #

4. jessicamarantelli January 19, 2014 at 01:22 #

When I saw this look on tv I was breathtaken. Blush is a great colour for Cate and I dont mind the draping. Looks great on screen and in the photos. Her hair and makeup look so easy but complement the dress perfectly. For me its a winner!! Simply stunning.

5. kelly January 19, 2014 at 01:22 #

this dress seems SO familiar but i can’t put my finger on it…can anyone help? i think someone wore something with a similar drape/shape to a major awards show within the last few years…

• Camille January 19, 2014 at 16:47 #

It reminds me of something from the 60’s. Perhaps something Elizabeth Taylor wore.

• Serenity January 19, 2014 at 21:06 #

I recall something like that, now that you mention it.

6. Nat39 January 19, 2014 at 01:23 #

J’ADORE (!), so soft and beautiful. I love how the pink accents enhance the look and along with the draping add visual interest. She is a vision, indeed. Love.

• Susan N. January 19, 2014 at 01:38 #

• gabis January 20, 2014 at 14:21 #

7. Ramsay January 19, 2014 at 01:23 #

Perfection!
    And as always bold (i.e. Special, dividing, risk taking) but always classy and regal
    Obviously the best dressed tonight (and I’ve seen the other pics)

8. SilentVisitor January 19, 2014 at 01:27 #

She looks beautiful and makes me like that dress….

9. Hannah January 19, 2014 at 01:37 #

I don’t like the bodice but Cate’s so beautiful, glowing and confident that even the bodice looks better ;)

10. Jasmin January 19, 2014 at 01:44 #

Ms. Cate can do no wrong. Love.

• Cristina January 20, 2014 at 00:46 #

The same for me. She is always flawless

11. Alice January 19, 2014 at 01:45 #

Cate Blanchett has amazing style and this dress is yet another successful look. She knows what works on her and always looks regal and glamorous.

• Tatiana January 19, 2014 at 04:59 #

This a million of times!

12. msd January 19, 2014 at 01:49 #

She’s been a bit hit and miss for me lately but this is definitely a hit. The colour, the unusual structure of the dress, the flawless makeup – she makes everyone else look safe and boring.

13. CreoleLady January 19, 2014 at 01:53 #

My first thought was this would look fabulous on the pregnant and glowing Kerry Washington. The somewhat odd piece hanging in the front looks made for a baby bump.

• Malinda Jane January 19, 2014 at 03:52 #

Exactly! My first thought was that it looks like a gown a stylist would put on someone who is trying to hide a pregnancy.

• dee January 19, 2014 at 04:12 #

I completely agree.

• snowlion January 19, 2014 at 04:55 #

I agree! Despite that Cates makeup is stunning and the colour is amazing on her – she looks wonderful.

14. Prudence January 19, 2014 at 02:25 #

Pretty but slightly frumpy. Do yall remember her true great Givenchy outing at the Oscars?? this is not even a million miles near. Hoping she is saving the best for last cause so far her greatness is still mia imo.

15. Serenity January 19, 2014 at 02:59 #

I love it. I loooooooove it! It is definitely a toughie, and I’m convinced that only she, the Great Cate is the only one that could truly pull this look off. But boy does she! She is just…everything!!!

16. Alex January 19, 2014 at 03:07 #

I love her! She is immaculate!

17. Joana January 19, 2014 at 03:12 #

Total goddess.

18. Rachel January 19, 2014 at 03:42 #

DREAMY. GIRLY — even.
    The draping makes sense for me. I don’t think she would sexily reveal her shoulders w/ a tight fit through the waist.
    That’s Cate circa 1999 GG’s.

19. Valissa January 19, 2014 at 04:52 #

Once again she looks flawless! The dress, hair and makeup all work perfectly together and create a perfect red carpet. I adore this!!

20. Tatiana January 19, 2014 at 04:58 #

Dear Lord, this is perfection from every angle. She looked so ethereally beautiful and so very poised at the red carpet. Best dressed of the night for being the only one who didn’t play it safe.

21. Charlotte January 19, 2014 at 05:03 #

This queen has been slaying the red carpet this season. I mean this is a real fashion moment, so unique and special yet totally gorgeous.

22. rici January 19, 2014 at 05:06 #

On the tv this looked even more amazing. I’m so glad that after she went with the classic Armani Prive (which was risky in its own right), she opted to wear something different this time with equal results. Favorite of the night…I’m bowing down to the queen

23. Cordelia January 19, 2014 at 05:14 #

This photos do not make justice to the dress. It looked out of this world beautiful in other photos and particularly in motion.
    Can’t wait to see what she wears next.

24. noo January 19, 2014 at 05:29 #

This looks a tad maternity to me, but the makeup, oh the makeup o just love iiiiiiit

25. Fiona - Perth January 19, 2014 at 05:41 #

I love love love this on her – the colour is divine, her hair & makeup perfection and her choice of jewelry gorgeous. It makes me think of 1930’s drapey glamour but totally with today’s style – definitely Best Dressed List.

• Louise January 20, 2014 at 00:59 #

It was also my favorite from this event.

26. Rodrigo January 19, 2014 at 06:00 #

Cate did it again! She looks sooooo pretty in this attire. She was the best thing about the SAG boring red carpet.

27. Alina January 19, 2014 at 06:14 #

It’s a miss for me. I only like the close-up picture.

28. arang January 19, 2014 at 06:40 #

Her head looks gorgeous, but I just can’t get behind the upper portion (I really can’t call it a bodice) of that dress. Looks like a large, pink, sequin-embellished dinner serviette tucked into her collar. :(

29. Yeliz January 19, 2014 at 09:33 #

At first I didn’t like this gown, thought it looks like a towel with sparkling pink parts, but now it kinda grows on me. I’m not really wowed, but she looks beautiful. My favourite part of this look has to be her flawless hair and makeup though.

30. Markness January 19, 2014 at 09:38 #

She can do no wrong. This is what I love about Cate. She tries different silhouettes on the red carpet. She’s a risk taker and she always pulls it off with class. I think she and Amy Adams are my uber faves on this awards season. They certainly did their homework. :D

31. Taylahre January 19, 2014 at 10:00 #

This is far to pink for her age

32. Jess2 January 19, 2014 at 11:09 #

Heavenly!!!!
    How unbelievably amazing is this woman, she goes from one end of the fashion scale to the other with the snap of a finger.
    Her hair and makeup is exquisite and although I am not entirely sure about the sequined addition at the front, the draping, colour and just the look overall is so beautiful.

33. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2014 at 14:23 #

Very interesting. It took me a moment to warm to it but it is certainly memorable and I love the sequins and color–Cate looks tall, smooth and elegant…it’s a dreamy look for her and one that she carries with her usually aplomb.

34. the ogre January 19, 2014 at 14:25 #

I am sorry but this is a major fashion moment for me. I want to bow down and pray because I’ve never come across anyone else on the red carpet who’re even remotely interesting as Cate is! That said, this look is a breath of fresh air. Why so because this is another 360 degree turn from her Globes look. She truly understands fashion or maybe not because she plays by her own rules and comes out top making everyone else look like they’re not in the same league. That’s her power, that’s the presence she exudes. This unusual pink number is the most girly I’ve seen her get and yet she pulls it off as is she was born in it. I’ve seen all the pictures and I don’t care if people say it looks like maternity clothing because this for me is what pushes fashion boundaries.

• Henrique January 19, 2014 at 22:25 #

I’m SO with you. This is BDOTY worthy for me.

35. kane January 19, 2014 at 15:40 #

What a gorgeous smile she has! I think she pulls it off, more than the dress deserves.

36. Camille January 19, 2014 at 16:52 #

The color is divine on her. The hair and makeup are gorgeous. The whole vibe of the gown is relaxed and feminine, flowy and a bit of 60’s glam. I just love it. It’s such a stark contrast to last week’s Armani look. This is not a figure flattering look, but it looks so beautiful on her and so casually chic I find it impossible not to love.

37. Larissa January 19, 2014 at 18:42 #

I have a feeling that on someone else it wouldn’t have looked good but Cate always has the presence and confidence to rock the most original gowns.It may not look as a flattering choice for her body but I think her priority is not to show off her figure but to express herself with fashion. Her makeup is just beautiful and complements perfectly the dress.

38. Joy January 20, 2014 at 00:52 #

Oh I love this look!!! Everything is perfection. Of all the dresses she’s worn this season I think the Armani is my least favorite. This may be my favorite or the Prabal Gurung?

39. Cristina January 20, 2014 at 00:54 #

Cate is on a different level when it comes to fashion and most can’t hold a candle to her. This Givenchy is a proof of it. Can’t wait to see what else she chooses.

40. Louise January 20, 2014 at 00:57 #

In love with everything of this look. From the hair, to the make up and specially that dress. So pretty and edgy at the same time. BDOTY for me.

41. Tania January 20, 2014 at 16:17 #

I love it but can see where the criticism is coming from. She always delivers a fashion statement and is never boring. No pretty pretty for her… interesting and discussion worthy is what she excels at. For me it is memorable and my favorite by far.

• EmmaWoodhouse January 20, 2014 at 19:05 #