Solange Knowles In Christian Siriano – Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience

Solange Knowles In Christian Siriano - Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience

Solange Knowles attended the inaugural ‘Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience’, an evening of glamour which brought ‘the magic of Vogue’ to the Middle East for the first time, which was hosted by Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Italia, Franca Sozzani, and was also attended by Naomi Campbell and Karolina Kurkova.

The singer, who’s back to sporting micro braids, DJ’d on the night wearing a super-chic look from Christian Siriano’s Spring 2013 collection.

On some this white-and-grey woven look featuring a jacket with flared sleeves and a skirt with a daring slit wouldn’t have worked so well, but Solange is a pro at mastering the unexpected and complicated.

Her signature bold lip was toned down to a rich-red shade, with black Saint Laurent sandals completing her look.

Credit: Style.com & Solange Image courtesy of Azza Gasim of the Urbanista Fashion

Jenny McCarthy In Gucci - 'A Night With Janis Joplin' Broadway Opening Night

Jenny McCarthy In Gucci – ‘A Night With Janis Joplin’ Broadway Opening Night

Alex Gerrard's Tibi Leather And Cotton Top, TEXTILE Elizabeth and James 'Tommy' Jeans, Isabel Marant 'Sebay' Suede Ankle Boots And Givenchy 'Pandora' Bag

Alex Gerrard’s Tibi Leather And Cotton Top, TEXTILE Elizabeth and James ‘Tommy’ Jeans, Isabel Marant ‘Sebay’ Suede Ankle Boots And Givenchy ‘Pandora’ Bag

23 Responses to Solange Knowles In Christian Siriano – Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience

1. Anne October 15, 2013 at 15:06 #

On paper, I shouldn’t like this – the proportions are weird, the print is crazy, it’s structurally way out there…. but somehow, I love it! I don’t always drink the Solange koolaid, but she really nails this

2. Alina October 15, 2013 at 15:13 #

LOVE THIS!

3. anonymous as always October 15, 2013 at 15:26 #

The skirt and the shoes fits her soooooo well and I love the pattern! I wouldn’t wear the top but she totally pulls it off!!! Plus I really like the lipstick :)

4. Christine October 15, 2013 at 15:28 #

Yes, to this whole look. Werk!

5. mm October 15, 2013 at 16:00 #

I love it on the mode and Solange.

Hair and make up gorgeous

• mm October 15, 2013 at 16:00 #

i meant model

6. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 15, 2013 at 16:03 #

Its an almost for me…I wish there was less volume in the top.

7. CreoleLady October 15, 2013 at 16:23 #

Wow, love this. Fab look for an event taking place in Dubai. The braids look great here.

8. Rebecca Z October 15, 2013 at 16:48 #

In this photo, anyway, the too seems to overwhelm her some, but it may just be her stance. It is a very interesting outfit–perfect for her talents! I think I would like it a little better with her ‘fro.

9. dee October 15, 2013 at 18:15 #

I really don’t like this. I think the print and silhouette of the top overwhelm her. I don’t like her hair parted in the middle. Not the most flattering to me.

10. Jessica October 15, 2013 at 18:15 #

I LOVE THIS! She makes it work and looks fabulous!

11. Yeliz October 15, 2013 at 18:24 #

Normally I wouldn’t have liked the top, but Solange definitely pulls it off. I love the whole look.

12. kane October 15, 2013 at 18:39 #

I’m really missing the midriff. I’m not saying this is a good thing really, but without it the top half just becomes way too overwhelming.

13. Nat39 October 15, 2013 at 19:04 #

Cool on the model, but not on Solange.

14. EmmaWoodhouse October 15, 2013 at 19:23 #

I really dislike the dress and something about her hair and makeup is mannequin-like.

15. Daisy October 15, 2013 at 19:50 #

Interesting dress and really worked on the model! What did solange do to her hair and makeup – she looks like the late Michael Jackson ! Wacko

• KatieKate October 15, 2013 at 23:51 #

That is what I thought–glad I’m not nuts. She looks waxy or something, like this is her Madame Tussaud’s wax statue. So strange–probably just m/u and lighting…I hope.

Anyway, I really like this outfit on her, she pulls it off in a way no one else could. My only quibble is the fit of the top. I wish it were tighter and shorter like on the model, to show a tad of midriff, and not appear bulky. Also, cooler shoes would’ve been nice, but I’m not mad at these. I’m really happy whenever I see Christian worn so well by celebs, he’s so talented.

16. Iris October 15, 2013 at 20:12 #

Love the print and shape of this outfit and I think she works it well. My issues are her hair and the shoes. I still dont understand why with so many options celebs choose to wear ‘seen so many times before’, safe and slightly boring, albeit designer shoes. I love the models shoes!

17. Patricia October 15, 2013 at 22:57 #

She looks fatter than she is. Too bad.

• KatieKate October 16, 2013 at 02:00 #

It’s so saddening/frustrating when we refer to people who are clearly thin, or even just clearly not overweight as ‘fat’. As a matter of fact it sucks when we refer to ANYONE as fat. Even people who ARE overweight. It just perpetuates such b.s. in the minds of women and young girls. I wish we could see ourselves in terms of something other than ‘fat’ and ‘skinny’.

18. TeaAtTwo October 16, 2013 at 12:36 #

It looks cool, I like this alot more with the skirt pulled up to cover the midriff. The make up looks a tad off in this shot though.

19. amy October 16, 2013 at 17:16 #

i like it

20. TL October 17, 2013 at 03:53 #

This is the first time I felt like Solange didn’t look good in a dress, usually she ruled them.
    She has a great figure, but the top seems large and makes her look bulky