Rita Ora Loves…Katie Eary

Rita Ora Loves Katie Eary

London-based designer Katie Eary may only have two womenswear collections under her belt, but she’s already let out a rebel yell with her flashy, splashy entrances. So it’s no surprise that her designs have found a fond place in the fashion heart of bold British songstress, Rita Ora. After all, these two girls are kindred wild spirits, never pretending to be anything less than audacious.

Out in Santa Monica: A barefaced, super-blonde Rita was no shrinking violet while out with a friend at CVS pharmacy in Santa Monica, California on Sunday. She coloured her street style with a balloon-sleeve neoprene sweatshirt, swirled in the designer’s florid flower print that was repeated throughout her Fall 2013 collection. Incongruous white bike shorts and sporty black sneakers injected a casual, devil-may-care attitude into this off-duty look.

Xperia Access Exit: After a red-hot appearance at the launch of Xperia Access at Sony Music Entertainment in London on Tuesday, Rita changed into an equally head-turning look to leave the gig. Her wardrobe weapon of choice was a bright Katie Eary Spring 2013 button-down blouse and matching skirt, done in a watery turquoise-sea print swimming with gold, baroque-influenced goldfish. Bronze-capped, clear PVC pumps, along with platinum curls and a zingy red lip turned up the volume even more.

Katie Eary

Credit: Style.com, XPOSUREPHOTOS & FameFlynet

The X Factor Judges Press Conference

The X Factor Judges Press Conference

Menswear Roundup

Menswear Roundup

12 Responses to Rita Ora Loves…Katie Eary

1. Rashmi June 21, 2013 at 13:15 #

That’s RITA ORA !! Love her first look!! I mean love her without the red lips ;)The look is super comfy with so much of color too…

• Jess2 June 22, 2013 at 13:20 #

My thoughts exactly!! I’ve just realised why most of her looks are so tacky – the red lip. I think she looks great in the first picture! It’s as if there are two completely different people.

2. Christine June 21, 2013 at 13:29 #

I like the second look.

3. dee June 21, 2013 at 13:43 #

I only like her shoes in the second look.

4. kane June 21, 2013 at 14:53 #

I find myself liking the sweater in the first picture. If these were proper shorts or indeed a black skirt, I might actually be really okay with this.

The shoes were a wise choice for the second outfit, although I’m not crazy about the print.

5. Jeremyrain June 21, 2013 at 15:04 #

She’d better find her style soon cuz I just cannot take this “Rhianna-wannabe”+ red lips 24/7 style of her anymore.

6. Yeliz June 21, 2013 at 15:24 #

I like the second look except for the hair.

7. Joy2 June 21, 2013 at 20:13 #

I am blown away by how pretty she is without the usual garish makeup!!

• effieee June 22, 2013 at 04:08 #

+1. I don’t know why she loves red lipstick so much when it does nothing for her.

8. KatieKate June 21, 2013 at 21:44 #

I totally agree, she looks amazing, I mean amazing, amazing without makeup-SO impressed! I like the first laid back look, and the print/style of the sweatshirt. But that second outfit, OMG–I truly think that is one of the most horrid prints I have ever laid eyes on. I hated it, (along with the rest of the prints in that collection), from the second I first saw it. I really wish she would choose something flattering and stop trying so hard to be…edgy I guess??

9. TeaAtTwo June 22, 2013 at 06:33 #

I really don’t like the longer blonde hair. I like the sweatshirt and blouse but not how she styled them.

10. EmmaWoodhouse July 7, 2013 at 18:23 #

Well, I have thoughts.
    1. She looks so much prettier/classier sans makeup (namely the red lip).
    2. Blonde is a terrible hair color for her.
    3. That sweatshirt looked chic styled on the model, but her interpretation is a sloppy mess.
    4.If the skirt was longer on the second look, I might almost like it on her…but once again the red lip and blonde hair strike. :(