BDOTW Selena & Blake

Selena Gomez was your best dressed this week in Reem Acra. It would appear that you preferred her sleek red gown over her co-star Vanessa Hudgens’ choice – a Naeem Khan beaded-and-feathered creation.

My pick was Blake Lively. Mrs Reynolds looked sexy, yet still sweet enough for a Disney premiere of ‘The Croods’ last week, showing off those enviable pins in a Marios Schwab fresh off-the-runway dress as she made her first appearance on the red carpet in 2013.

For menswear, we both selected Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Prada. The young actor couldn’t look more handsome his navy-blue suit.

Credit: Getty

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

Selena Gomez In Emilio Pucci - Late Show with David Letterman

Selena Gomez In Emilio Pucci – Late Show with David Letterman

12 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Selena Gomez In Reem Acra, Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Prada & Blake Lively In Marios Schwab

1. Sandra March 18, 2013 at 12:56 #

Blake looks lovely, but I just can’t get past that PVC breast panel. Had it been a little less prominent by e.g. not covering as much of the chest, it might have been a cool, original touch to the dress, but as it is it’s just gimmicky. It completely overwhelms the look, and mainly makes you wonder why it’s there and what its purpose is. I also don’t love the white shoes, although I guess the hem justifies them.

2. Wizzer March 18, 2013 at 13:20 #

Interesting picks
    I liked Blake’s shoes once I found out they were actually wool!!! Must have looked choice in person.

3. EmmaWoodhouse March 18, 2013 at 14:04 #

Not a fan of the ladies here, but JGL is perfection!

• Nat39 March 18, 2013 at 15:48 #

Ditto. JGL is the only worthy winner here, agreed. Selena´s gown is too mature for her, and Blake´s look is cute but that´s about it, no winning factor there.

4. Moxie March 18, 2013 at 14:59 #

Two of my favorite ladies’ looks and my pick for best dressed male!

5. stacy March 18, 2013 at 15:00 #

I totally agree with your picks! I always ask the question “who looks the best” to overcome the popular girl/popular designer bias. Blake looks amazing with the dress an interesting complement to her looks. Clothes should flatter. Selena looks nice, but if I had a magic wish – I’d choose looking like Blake hands down.

6. Marybeth March 18, 2013 at 15:30 #

I think the PVC panel in Blake’s dress provoked a love-it-or-hate-it reaction in most of us.
    I’m one of the haters but I do think her styling is very nice. The simple white shoes are just perfect here, IMO — so perfect that they even got FC’s stamp of approval!

7. dee March 18, 2013 at 16:17 #

None of my picks. Oh well.

8. Cecilia March 21, 2013 at 22:35 #

I sort of feel like you you’ll vote for blake no matter what she wears.

• Jazz March 22, 2013 at 19:27 #

That’s untrue. There have been many occasions where FC has called out Blake for her fashion misses and even said stuff like “this time, a stylist may have been needed,”. A lot of Blake haters on this page get irritated when FC admits she has a crush on her. Yet, that crush has not taken away from the fashion critiques Blake has received on this website.

• Catherine Kallon March 23, 2013 at 06:44 #

Thank you Jazz. I really appreciate this. I am glad you get it.

FC x