Jennifer Aniston In Valentino – 2013 Oscars

2013Oscars_JenniferAniston2

Presenter Jennifer Aniston was a highly anticipated arrival at the 2013 Academy Awards today at the Dolby Theatre at the Hollywood & Highland Center in California.

Rather appropriately for her first Oscars red carpet appearance in four years, Jennifer wore Valentino red, as she captured stares and camera flashes in her ball gown from the designer’s Spring 2013 Couture runway.

The strapless bodice and full skirt was a departure for Jennifer, who often opts for monochromatic tones and typically favours more body-conscious looks.

But it didn’t have as much dynamic impact as I would have liked. This is still a silhouette that we’ve seen strutted out by stars many times before.

In fact, the gown actually reminded me of Jennifer Lawrence’s 2013 Golden Globe Awards Christian Dior Couture statement—minus the pointy cone-bra bodice and belt.

Jen Aniston never wears her hair up on the red carpet, and tonight was no different with her effortless, straight blow-out. But I think this dress could have used a dose of pizzazz with a new ‘do.

Minimal jewels, including geometric diamond earrings and bangle bracelets, along with a matching red Salvatore Ferragamo clutch completed the look.

At this point, her best accessory might have been her fiancé Justin Theroux.

Credit: Style.com and Getty

41 Comments
Fan Bingbing In Marchesa - 2013 Oscars

Fan Bingbing In Marchesa – 2013 Oscars

Samantha Barks In Valentino – 2013 Oscars

Samantha Barks In Valentino – 2013 Oscars

41 Responses to Jennifer Aniston In Valentino – 2013 Oscars

1. Ramsay February 25, 2013 at 01:28 #

She rarely does volume so it’s a nice change from her – and it’s not black for once – she’s in my top 5 best dressed

2. Christine February 25, 2013 at 01:28 #

This is not a good look. Was not expecting much from her but I am glad she did not opt for black.

3. justme February 25, 2013 at 01:31 #

It’s not black so that’s positive.
    It’s still boring though. An updo or even a ponytail would have improved things tremendously.

4. vicky February 25, 2013 at 01:32 #

I wanted to like this but no…The hair, the dress it’s all a bit lackluster.
    Glad she’s in colour, though, which was highly missed on this years red carpet

5. Nadia February 25, 2013 at 01:35 #

Oscars is about drama, but this just isn’t right. Don’t like it at all.

6. Nat39 February 25, 2013 at 01:35 #

Nice to see red colour on her but the gown is nothing special, a bit of a deja vu (makes me think of Zooey Deschanel at Golden Globes), the hair should`ve been in an elegant updo. Nothing memorable.

7. Elise February 25, 2013 at 01:35 #

The gown looks sooo different on the runway.at least it’s not black.

• Yeliz February 25, 2013 at 04:54 #

+1000

8. Jai February 25, 2013 at 01:39 #

You know, I really liked this on her. It was a different silhouette and on camera, it had a comfortable and effortless vibe. Can’t say I love the hair but that isn’t going to change at this stage.

• Rashmi February 25, 2013 at 09:18 #

Exactly. I really really really liked her in this.
      It is so unlike her to look so refreshing and elegant at the same time. And it is not black.
      I really loved this!

9. mm February 25, 2013 at 01:46 #

The hair was boring. didnt like the dress on her. Love the color

10. Marybeth February 25, 2013 at 01:50 #

The hair, which works so well with her usual California style, does not work here. If she had worn her hair up, this would have been lovely.

11. TeaAtTwo February 25, 2013 at 01:51 #

It looks better on the runway but this is a great look for Jennifer. Yes, should have done something with the hair though.

12. EmmaWoodhouse February 25, 2013 at 01:54 #

The gown could have been lovely, but unfortunately her slumped shoulders and same-old same-old hair is bringing it down. Her clutch and bracelets are nice but I’m not wowed.

• anmelt February 25, 2013 at 03:24 #

She looks quite nice but you’re right, her posture really is not great.

13. WhoDidItBest February 25, 2013 at 02:00 #

way too much material. I guess we should be happy she isn’t wearing BLACK. Her hair should’ve been in an updo.

14. nice February 25, 2013 at 02:41 #

The dress is nice but I think, it is more appropriate to younger ones like Jennifer Lawrence.
    She has the same hair style again.Neither a bad look nor a good one,just on the safe side.Well,anyway,she seldom experiments on the bold side.

15. LEI February 25, 2013 at 02:43 #

The dress is a bit long to her.As usual,same hairstyle.No wow factor for me.Although the dress is nice but it does not suit her.

16. Fromchi-town February 25, 2013 at 02:55 #

Well she is not in black… But I don’t like it, the hair totally killed it. I cannot look past the hair.

17. Jessica February 25, 2013 at 02:59 #

I like this look! I think it would have helped if she was in a better stance, maybe a fierce pose! I found the colour much better on the television

18. Leti February 25, 2013 at 03:05 #

I wasn’t wowed by this on the red carpet, but it was nice to see her wearing that gorgeous color and a different silhouette. That said, I liked it much better when I saw her walk on stage to present. I would have been overjoyed if she’d worn her hair up….

• dee February 25, 2013 at 14:05 #

19. Moxie February 25, 2013 at 03:49 #

A little safe. Definitely prefer to Jennifer Lawrence’s similar gown with the conical boobs.

20. RW February 25, 2013 at 04:42 #

I wasn’t expecting much with Jen as she is so predictable. I was glad she was in a color other than black. I agree with the commentator regarding her hair. She rarely ever puts her hair up. I am not trying to be mean but I don’t think this is because of her chill ‘Californian’ style but that she doesn’t like the way her jawline looks. Even on the rare occasion when she puts her hair up, she always covers her jaw with wisps of hair.

Also, this dress reminds me of a more voluminous version of the dress she wore to the Emmys right after marrying Brad (secret revenge much?).

21. Kate February 25, 2013 at 04:55 #

I think the colour and silhouette look gorgeous on Jen! But I wish she would’ve done something different with her hair though…

22. Lashae February 25, 2013 at 05:23 #

The hair and dress very unflattering. She has had this same hair style for the past 10 years and still hasn’t changed it, even for the Oscars. Only good thing would be it was not black.

23. Ruff February 25, 2013 at 05:49 #

The fabric doesn´t even look the same. They custom made a very cheap version of the original for Aniston, imho.

24. the ogre February 25, 2013 at 06:30 #

i’m just so happy that she wore red that i don’t care about how dated the look is plus she looked really happy on the red carpet.

25. Zee February 25, 2013 at 08:11 #

She has a long chin, so I totally understand she never opts for an updo. She has an amazing body, and looks very happy, I like this look head to toe.

26. Andy February 25, 2013 at 09:34 #

Boring and ill fitting. I guess I should be happy its not black but I would have preferred that to this mess.

27. Chi February 25, 2013 at 10:13 #

I’m so torn…….
    i like her in movies, but she’s such a snore at any event!!! I used to have hair envy now I’m just bored

28. Parvati February 25, 2013 at 16:08 #

Given the fact that she usually wears black and rather boring outfit, this big red dress is a very welcome change!

29. Camille February 25, 2013 at 16:36 #

I think it is sort of pitiful that we all give her so much fashion credit simply for NOT wearing black. Come on, she’s a gorgeous woman with a killer bod and supposedly some of the best hair in Hollywood. She could do better. Yes it’s not black, whoopee (sarcasm) It is red, but it is also boring and makes her look heavier than she is. She styled it way too casually. Her hair should have been up and some gorgeous earrings would have helped. I’m not giving her credit for a simple color choice, when all her other choices are mediocre.

30. zineb February 25, 2013 at 16:38 #

Question : does she know that brushes & up dos exist ? I can always mail her one of my brushes if she wants to

31. Stel February 25, 2013 at 18:08 #

Oh my girl!! Love her!! Although the hair should be different, but she’s so sexy that I don’t care!

32. alex February 25, 2013 at 18:20 #

i can overlook the hair, as its so amazing to see her in a bright colour! the dress is lovely and she should definitely wear colour more often. love this look

33. Nathalie19 February 25, 2013 at 19:44 #

I think the dress is amazing!

I wish the hair was a bit different…not necesserily up, but maybe something like she had at the Oscar couple of years ago

34. Britney February 25, 2013 at 21:27 #

I really surpris .she’s a woman of rare personal beauty. She was very good looking.. Looks like princess.
    The hair and red dress so pretty. I love red dress. She is most lovely.
    Jenn. You are so beautiful. Best good look…

35. Liz February 26, 2013 at 00:39 #

Only Jennifer Aniston could make a dress this great look so boring. I was excited that she didn’t wear black, beige, or white for once; however, WHY can’t she wear her hair DIFFERENT for once?!

She’s worn up-dos before, hasn’t she??

36. gabis February 26, 2013 at 20:17 #

It’s truly a masterpiece on the runway but it didn’t translate well on Jennifer. It looks lackluster compared to the runway one. Overall I find this a great look but it could have been one of the best had she opted for a different hair and makeup.

37. Jess2 March 3, 2013 at 10:28 #

I like that she wore a different silhouette and colour but I don’t like the fabric much and I do really wish she had done something with her hair. She looks nice but I wouldn’t call her a style star.