Keira Knightley In Valentino Couture – ‘Anna Karenina’ New York Premiere

Keira Knightley was in New York City last night taking to the red carpet for the ‘Anna Karenina’ premiere held at the Florence Gould Hall.

She opted to wear a Valentino Fall 2012 Couture gown for the occasion.

The navy long-sleeve lace gown has been considerably lined from the free-flowing version which took to the runway, with the actress opting not to wear the look with the cape.

Keira’s styling was very familiar, opting for a side-parted tight bun, Chanel earrings and a striking red lip colour.

Do you love this look or is it giving you a strong case of déjà vu?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better...Pace Wu or Lara Bingle?

Who Wore Louis Vuitton Better…Pace Wu or Lara Bingle?

Rihanna In Miu Miu - 2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Rihanna In Miu Miu – 2012 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

34 Responses to Keira Knightley In Valentino Couture – ‘Anna Karenina’ New York Premiere

1. Rashr November 8, 2012 at 10:34 #

Deja vu! The girl needs some color.

• jones19 November 8, 2012 at 11:11 #

+1. Total deja vu. She needs to switch it up a little.

2. janey November 8, 2012 at 10:38 #

i LOVE this. its beautiful.

• Emma November 8, 2012 at 18:55 #

3. Pablo November 8, 2012 at 10:40 #

Clear déjà vu, but as they say: if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. She looks beautiful.

• Yeliz November 8, 2012 at 14:17 #

Totally agree.

• admmgz November 8, 2012 at 15:39 #

ITA

• Serena November 8, 2012 at 16:11 #

Agreed.

4. Saara November 8, 2012 at 10:41 #

Keira Knightley + Valentino = Magic. It’s elegant without trying too hard. I love it. She looks just like Winona Ryder in the last image.

5. Juliana November 8, 2012 at 10:42 #

Although I love the fit and the lace, I don’t particularly like the nave being lined with black. I don’t think the contrast is strong enough to make a statement nor is it soft enough to just play with the textures.

6. Rafael November 8, 2012 at 10:55 #

It is a very familiar style for her but I like that is not black or nude as she often does, and the red lip is beautiful. I like it

7. Taytayreeves November 8, 2012 at 11:22 #

I saw the other photos from this event and Keira looked really overdressed in comparison to the other attendees especially Oliva Wilde who looked like she just came from a walk in the park . Did everyone not get the dress code memo or did Keira overdress ???

8. Anna November 8, 2012 at 11:27 #

No déjà vu, actually. Just plain boring.

9. bm November 8, 2012 at 11:29 #

I’d love to see her wearing the runway un-lined version. The styling indeed familiar, but it works here. But, I love to see her hair down sometimes in another Red Carpet appearance.
    Do you agree, FC?

10. Mandy November 8, 2012 at 11:49 #

Keira is always gorgeous but yes déjà vu indeed. I wish she shook it up a bit more.

11. Beta November 8, 2012 at 11:51 #

love this dress, she looks amazing (as always!)

12. fashion~lover November 8, 2012 at 11:58 #

This is a very very boring look. We have already seen this many times before. I want to see that stylish Keira back who used to be number 1 best dressed actress.

13. Ilaria November 8, 2012 at 11:58 #

I think she’s always stunning, but her stylist (Camilla Pole) should make some more creative choices. The dress was wonderful on the runway and it looks less ravishing because it has lost most of its movement and magic. And, moreover, it reminds me of her Elie Saab Couture dress she wore at the Toronto Film Festival last September.
    The hais-style is quite the same of Keira’s look at “The Duchess” screening in NYC in 2008.

14. Ramsay November 8, 2012 at 12:27 #

I like this look – I personally would’ve prefered had it not been lined but she looks OK

15. Emmeline November 8, 2012 at 12:52 #

I’d say this is more of a mild case of déjà vu for me, not a strong one. She’s nowhere near Halle Berry levels of losing me yet.

That being said, I still think she looks absolutely gorgeous. That lip color on her is wonderful.

16. Kayleigh November 8, 2012 at 13:27 #

Perfection!!

17. Kiran November 8, 2012 at 13:37 #

I can’t help but look at this overly lined version and think ‘what’s the point?’ The dress lacks it’s previous fluidity and the couture craftsmanship and intricate lace details are lost. There is no intrigue.

18. petra November 8, 2012 at 14:12 #

It is very predictable, but she looks lovely nonetheless. I would love to see this look worn with the cape though.

19. Christine November 8, 2012 at 14:19 #

A bit deja vu but she looks regal.

20. Elly November 8, 2012 at 18:29 #

It is a beautiful dress but it just doesn’t look right, from the waist up her body appears flat and shapeless, a different less dark underlay could have changed that. It has lost its contours and flowing quality, shame because it the runway look is stunning…

21. Glenda November 8, 2012 at 19:01 #

It reminds me a lot of the dark green Valentino dress Florence Welch wore a few months ago and, on the whole, it’s probably my least favourite Anna Karenina premiere look, but she nevertheless

(a) looks absolutely gorgeous, still! That dramatic lip colour, the bold shade of blue… Wonderful!
    (b) has been on a roll so far during this promo tour. Other actresses could learn a thing or two from miss Knightley, really.

Then again, you can never go wrong with Keira in Valentino.

22. gabis November 8, 2012 at 19:30 #

She looks amazing as usual but I wish she had kept the sheerness from the runway. I’m not a big fan of the black lined skirt.
    And as for the comment that she is overdressed, she might be a tad overdressed but she can’t be compared to Olivia Wilde at this event. Keira is the main character and the star of the movie so it is pretty obvious that she wouldn’t go to a premiere or even a screening wearing jeans and boots. She might be a bit overdressed but to me it seems more likely that Olivia is underdressed which is ok I guess, she’s there to see a movie, not to steal people’s spotlight.

23. Francois Bresmal November 8, 2012 at 20:06 #

Deja vu but still, divine!

24. Ericka November 8, 2012 at 22:11 #

While she looks elegant here, there is no wow factor here for me. I wish she had not lined it as much.

25. kailani November 8, 2012 at 22:44 #

Don’t like it. The dress is beautiful, but I feel like it dwarfs her, her makeup doesn’t fit, and her hair makes her look really severe.

26. Kathy November 9, 2012 at 01:15 #

I like the runway version much more, but I understand that Keira would prefer the dress to be less sheer. That comes at the price of looking very stuffy though, and I can’t say I’m impressed with this.

27. EmmaWoodhouse November 9, 2012 at 04:22 #

Is perfection ever tiresome? I adore this look from Keira–the beautiful, elegant, vintage looking dress is just a dream, and the clean, minimalist hair and makeup provide contrast. BDOTW-worthy for me. J’adore.

28. Sally November 9, 2012 at 07:21 #

Absolute perfection.

29. kane November 9, 2012 at 20:57 #

Like the dress, prefer it with the cape on the runway.