Jessica Biel In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Total Recall’ New York Screening

Jessica Biel made her second red-carpet appearance in so many days with the New York screening of her latest movie ‘Total Recall’ yesterday evening at the Chelsea Clearview Cinemas hosted by Instyle editor Ariel Foxman.

Her co-stars Kate Beckinsale and Colin Farrell were not in attendance, but the brunette beauty made up for their absence by looking lovely wearing an Elie Saab Spring 2012 Couture frock.

Her ethereal white-lace sleeveless dress was styled with a lace shawl, Jimmy Choo ‘Anouk’ pumps, Lorraine Schwartz antique diamond earrings and a gold Elie Saab clutch.

I do like the look, but I find the lace shawl a tad fussy plus I don’t think it adds anything to the look.

I’m tempted to say that statement jewels would’ve been preferred to add some pizzazz to the look, but following Wednesday’s premiere we all know how badly that can pan out.

Overall I prefer the runway version of the look unlined and with the bow accent.

I know many of you thought her bubblegum-pink Dior gown was too cutesy for an action movie premiere, so I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on this look.

‘Total Recall’ hits theatres in the US today.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jessica Biel's Roland Mouret Angel Dress And Jimmy Choo Anouk Patent Leather Pumps

Jessica Biel’s Roland Mouret Angel Dress And Jimmy Choo Anouk Patent Leather Pumps

Anna Wintour In Carolina Herrera - Balthazar Restaurant

Anna Wintour In Carolina Herrera – Balthazar Restaurant

31 Responses to Jessica Biel In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Total Recall’ New York Screening

1. Kathy August 3, 2012 at 10:17 #

I prefer the look without the shawl, it’s too fussy. Otherwise she looks lovely, if playing it a bit safe.

2. Alina August 3, 2012 at 10:20 #

I prefer the runway version of the look unlined and with the bow accent, but I think that this version was a better choice for her.

3. Mick August 3, 2012 at 10:24 #

You can tell that lately she has been trying hard to be more fashionable, but she always fails something in the styling. I mean, really: a lace shawl, how old is she, 65? Overall the look is too bridal for my liking,I also hate the plain beige shoes.

• Christine August 3, 2012 at 14:36 #

• laura August 6, 2012 at 00:35 #

+1 What is going on with the shawl?

4. TL August 3, 2012 at 10:36 #

I prefer the runway version. It would be better without the shawl.
    The hair, makeup and shoes are boring, Jessica can do so much better than this.

5. Martin August 3, 2012 at 10:43 #

Better than the Dior aberration, but I just don’t get the shawl. And on a red carpet no less? Weird.

6. Rash August 3, 2012 at 10:49 #

For me, she has ruined a beautiful, divine dress. I don’t like the loose hair,the overcrowding shawl, the accessories don’t gel in together, shouldn’t have modified the sleeves and everything’s very out of place.

She should have at least picked the white sandal worn on the runway.

Between the Dior gown and this, i prefer Jessica’s take on Dior than this.

7. Fiona-Brasil August 3, 2012 at 11:12 #

Puur-fect! Minus the shawl which look the ones you wear to visit certain churches!

8. Virginia August 3, 2012 at 11:18 #

She wears amazing dresses but always ruins everything with the acessories and that heavy hair!

9. Zissou August 3, 2012 at 11:33 #

And I thought the Dior was bad.

10. dunzoo August 3, 2012 at 11:39 #

the runway version is divine, but i hate the “mother of the bride” vibe on Jessica. The dress is ok, but is too romantic for jessica, plus the styling is very bad (the grandma shawl, the gold clutch and the beige boring pumps). It’s too bad because jessica has a great figure but doesn’t seem to find a style that really suits her.

• Ramsay August 3, 2012 at 11:54 #

I agree on that – she’s very inconsistent – and for now Elie Saab has not worked for her neither at the Golden Globes nor here

11. Ahot August 3, 2012 at 12:40 #

SOO wrong, & i don´t even know where to beginn with. I never thought it possible, but she sucks the life out of Elie´s wonderful designs EVERYTIME. It´s criminal how she manages to make haute couture looks so cheap.
    I hope she had to pay for this dress, if not she should be forever banned from the loan-list. I don´t know what happened but she lost her mojo a looong time ago.
    She needs to get it together, & fast.

• Rash August 3, 2012 at 14:15 #

Maybe start with a new hairstyle ! This is killing me !

12. jessica August 3, 2012 at 12:49 #

I really love the shawl! Not sure about the shoes though.

13. couturecoco August 3, 2012 at 13:41 #

From the start of her new image, I wasn’t convinced and I’m not comfortable it’s going to last for her. Her styling has always been off to me and this proves it – she’s destroyed everything beautiful about the Elie Saab gown. She has no clue and it doesn’t look like that’s ever going to change sadly.

• laura August 6, 2012 at 00:37 #

I agree, she has 0 personal style. She looks like a mannequin

14. Chloe August 3, 2012 at 13:52 #

I love this look on Jess. I think the shawl adds a lot to it. LOVE LOVE LOVE

15. dee August 3, 2012 at 14:09 #

This isn’t terrible but lose the boring shoes and shawl and this would have been nice.

16. Dolly August 3, 2012 at 14:14 #

The shawl is terrible, but I heart the dress. Plus imagine what a pop of colour in the footwear could have done for the overall look.

17. Christine August 3, 2012 at 14:31 #

I agree with Majority of the comments about the shawl and the sucky styling. Lately, I do get the sense she is trying to up her fashion game. This dress is beautiful but not with the added shawl–it looks a bit OTT. The shoes, omg the shoes. Not a good look especially paired with the lace.

18. Liana August 3, 2012 at 14:50 #

She looks cute, but you would never guess it’s a couture dress. She managed to make it look cheap as someone stated it earlier in the comments. The runway version has no linin, has beautiful sleeves and a bow. She should have pull off the runway version with a colour similar to her skin. I know it’s more daring, but as it is portrayed right now on her, it looks nothing like it should. And yes, the accessories are catastrophic…!

19. Mia August 3, 2012 at 15:50 #

the dress is cute, but i don’t think it’s appropriate for the total recal red carpet. She should be in a sexy killer dress with F-me shoes. Here she looks like shes going to her own bridal shower. The shoes don’t go with this dress either. Fail!

20. Anj August 3, 2012 at 17:21 #

I like this look with the shawl because I think it would’ve been too boring on her without it.

However, I feel like the dress looks so generic lined as opposed to the runway version. It looks so much more delicate and ethereal on the model.

21. Yeliz August 3, 2012 at 17:28 #

I definitely prefer the runway version and the shawl is SO fussy.

Even though I wasn’t a fan of her overloading with the jewels on her Dior look, I much prefer that look to this one.

22. Rebecca Z August 3, 2012 at 17:30 #

She said not too long ago that she doesn’t have much feel for how to dress and boy is she correct. She doesn’t even have much feel for how to pick a stylist, it seems. Saw her on The Daily Show yesterday and she is bright and much prettier when she in engaged in conversation. The red carpet venue does her no favors.

23. TeaAtTwo August 3, 2012 at 20:14 #

I miss the lightness of the runway presentation. An up do and sandals would’ve been my other styling picks.

24. Nadine August 3, 2012 at 20:17 #

I really like the runway look, altho I wouldn’t think to wear it to an action movie. Losing the shawl, shoes & hair are a good start.

25. Courtney Grace August 4, 2012 at 02:48 #

I really love the dress and even like the shawl, but the accessories really confuse me. I’m bored by the shoes and don’t understand how she chose the clutch.

26. Petra August 5, 2012 at 21:20 #

This looks like an unjustified tribute to the runway version, which is 10 times more divine and ethereal.