20.02.12

Rihanna In Giorgio Armani – Stella McCartney Special Presentation

Rihanna is on a bit of a roll at the moment following her BDOTW win.

The singer was in London to attend the Stella McCartney special presentation during Fall 2012 London Fashion Week on Saturday.

She looked outstanding once again wearing a sexy forest-green custom Giorgio Armani gown.

Her spaghetti-strap gown with a plunging v-neck, open back and thigh-high split was teamed with gold Tom Ford python heels.

The rest of her accessories included Susan Caplan vintage gold chokers and bracelets plus Annoushka diamond rings.

Love or hate her hair, she just oozes sex appeal, as this collabo with Armani is really working wonders for her.

To the 2012 Grammys she wore her hair curled, but on this occasion she opted for straight silky locks.

I wonder how Stella felt about her guest of honour wearing a dress by a different designer?

Credit: Getty

Drew Barrymore In Marni For H&M - Marni For H&M Launch Party

Drew Barrymore In Marni For H&M – Marni For H&M Launch Party

Kate Bosworth's Richard Nicoll Cami Dress

Kate Bosworth’s Richard Nicoll Cami Dress

45 Responses to Rihanna In Giorgio Armani – Stella McCartney Special Presentation

1. Manolia February 20, 2012 at 09:57 #

Rihanna is magnificent, style is very nice as well as the the new do…way to go Riri

2. Mads February 20, 2012 at 10:09 #

I hate the hair (with passion) but Lordy she looks amazing!

• john March 8, 2012 at 19:43 #

i really love the hair with whole hearted

3. Michelle February 20, 2012 at 10:12 #

Great accessories but the dress particularly near the chest area looks like it’s ready to fall off.

4. Innaker February 20, 2012 at 10:19 #

a-m-a-z-i-n-g!
    but wasn’t she supposed to wear Stella Mc’Cartney?

• eimearoconnor February 20, 2012 at 12:11 #

Yeah she shoulda worn stella, i think this makes her look wider than she is.. one i those form fitting illusion dresses woulda looked so good on her!

5. ramsay February 20, 2012 at 10:21 #

HOTTT!

6. mimi February 20, 2012 at 10:26 #

I don’t see what all the fuss is about her hair and dark roots. Blond hair suits her so well (every hair style does) and I guess it’s really because nothing bad can be said about that girl that people focus on that little detail!
    She looks absolutely stunning, only she can do sexy and classy at the same time. She is totally herself and i love how she looks. She gives us something different every time, I can’t get bored of her.
    BDOTW

7. mandy February 20, 2012 at 10:39 #

Lord i love the hair !!!

8. Fiona-Brasil February 20, 2012 at 10:41 #

Very similar to the black one!Lots of skin and an incredible body!A winner look!

9. Cody February 20, 2012 at 10:45 #

Best Dressed Of The Week. Already calling it.

10. Ade February 20, 2012 at 11:01 #

Ok, now it’s just too much, I enjoyed her Grammy look, but isn’t just the same dress in a different color. She looks great but let’s not get carried away adding her to the Best dressed of the week poll

• AK February 20, 2012 at 18:07 #

• dee February 21, 2012 at 00:09 #

my thoughts on first look, and second lol. Very similar, but still stunning none the less. I much prefer this color on her though.

11. Martin February 20, 2012 at 11:17 #

Doubt Stella would’ve cared that Rihanna wasn’t sporting one of her designs – she had Kate Moss and numerous 90s supermodels there and Rihanna will always come second to them. As for this particular look, the whole sexy thing she is pushing here just doesn’t look authentic and natural to me. Sexy is the art of subtle suggestiveness – a completely exposed back, thigh high split and ample cleavage display just screams desperate to me.

• SilentVisitor February 20, 2012 at 15:15 #

Martin +1,000,000

• rezina February 20, 2012 at 15:52 #

compeltely agree with martin! i hate the fact that these days sexy = putting as many parts of your body on show at one time as possible!!

• Alina February 20, 2012 at 16:56 #

You’re sooo right.

• Emi February 21, 2012 at 07:49 #

I agree with you, but let me add that it’s not very polite to go to a presentation wearing an eye catching dress by another designer. Anna Wintour often does it, but she’s Anna Wintour (and it’s not polite from her, too).

12. D February 20, 2012 at 11:43 #

my favourit look of her

13. Eva February 20, 2012 at 11:54 #

She probably wore this dress thinking it was a Stella McCartney as it looks almost identical to the one she for to the Grammy’s. It’s a nice dress but surely she can’t win Best Dressed Of The Week with two looks that look so similar.

• Nia February 20, 2012 at 22:38 #

14. Pati February 20, 2012 at 12:11 #

I am rather torn, and surprised here. I actually think she looks gorgeous (apart for those awful roots and long nails), bout I should in fact hate the look! While I love the color agains her skin tone, I always felt like bare back, plunging neckline and thigh high split is too much nudity at once (unless in a bedroom, but then again we don´t need to be invited), so I should dislike this, but in fact I sort of like it…. Maybe it´s just a nice change to see her in a gown and not in hotpants and suspender tights….

• Carolina February 20, 2012 at 12:38 #

Agreed.

• Linda February 20, 2012 at 23:34 #

Me too. I should dislike it for its overt sexiness. But I think Rihanna is just so beautiful and the colour is so wonderful that I just have to admire it. The straight hair works a lot better with such a sexy gown than her curls from the Grammies.

15. Carolina Roq February 20, 2012 at 12:45 #

Gorgeous!!!

16. bm February 20, 2012 at 12:45 #

there’s no denied that she look sexy. But i feel i’ve already been there before. But, i prefer this hair than in grammy.

17. CreoleLady February 20, 2012 at 12:56 #

Lol at not wearing Stella, esp with a custom Armani hanging in the closet. Based on looks I’ve seen here, two out of every three Stella designs are just fugly imo — even when worn by some of the tallest, leggy-est, and modelesque of Stella’s BFFs.

• Dhppy February 20, 2012 at 22:06 #

I never could appreciate Stella. Especially when you stacked her designs up against Phoebe Philo’s for Chloe.

18. Kudzi February 20, 2012 at 13:34 #

She look good fo sho but her dress looks like a nightgown!!!She is a troubled one this one!

19. EmmaWoodhouse February 20, 2012 at 14:02 #

Tacky. The bodice is just about falling off and the slit is SO high! The only thing I like is the color.

20. Hannah February 20, 2012 at 15:17 #

I really am not fan of this look – it feels super messy. The necklace feels random, as do teh bangles. The lopsided fabric covering the chest bothers me, as does the lack of pasties.
    The pose is terrible, and the hair I have no words for. The colour, teh roots the kinks.
    Also, this is way too similar to her Grammy look sos soon afterwards, as well as nto being event appropriate, if you are going to wear another designer, you can’t be so in your face.

• Holly February 20, 2012 at 16:26 #

Ahhh, now I don’t have to waste time writing my opinion! Completely agree Hannah, just messy :/

21. bee7 February 20, 2012 at 16:43 #

this is too similar to the black armani gown that she wore recently but damn, this girl is hot.

22. Stephanie February 20, 2012 at 17:00 #

she may ooze sex appeal, but she looks like she is coming straight from her bedroom. You can be sexy and not wear bed clothes or show your whole body.

23. Ariel February 20, 2012 at 17:31 #

This dress could’ve been a Stella too. I prefer the Grammys dress to this though. Tis one is nightgownish!

24. Rebecca Z February 20, 2012 at 17:34 #

Sometimes a person can just break all the rules and get away with it. That’s what I feel like she is doing here. All the criticisms are right on for most people–too boudoir, too much skin, dark roots, etc, but my goodness doens’t she just pull it off! She looks amazing, and so comfortable in her own skin (and that slinky dress). Not an ounce of trying too hard in her face, stance…just so natural.

• Michelle February 20, 2012 at 19:02 #

Rebecca Z, my scentiments exactly. (A) She looks amazing; the cut, the colour & the accessories. And (B) She looks so comfortable & owns it. Her confidence and ease makes the look work 100, on somebody else, it would probably have looked too desperate & bedroomy.

• Michelle February 20, 2012 at 19:03 #

100%

25. MG February 20, 2012 at 18:06 #

i love her new style. simple yet sexy; not trying too hard any more. and im starting to like the hair

26. Eloquence08 February 20, 2012 at 19:48 #

Considering I just watched Scarface for the first time this weekend, the first thing I thought of was the dress Michelle Pfieffer wears when you first meet her character. Aside from the color (which is gorgeous) it looks just like it. I think Rih pulls it off, but I am not a fan of that much exposed skin.

27. Lalitha February 21, 2012 at 08:52 #

Smouldering! Love it!!

28. Claire February 21, 2012 at 10:02 #

Absoulutely stunning. I think this is a definite BDOTW contender – its not the exposed flesh that makes this look sexy, its Rihanna that makes this look sexy.

29. Parvati February 21, 2012 at 10:49 #

Besides the fashion faux-pas to turn up at a Stella McCartney event wearing a dress by another designer, I’m not crazy about the look only because I find it so similar to the Grammys one. I like that she ‘s going for a different, less eccentric style, but she still needs to have a variety. Otherwise, she looks gorgeous, but I just can’t get excited about such a deja vu.

30. Miranda February 26, 2012 at 06:46 #

Am I the only one who hates this look? Between the fried blonde hair and the overly exposed lady-parts (I can see her boobs AND her breakfast) this just screams “skank” to me.

Rihanna used to kick it in the style department. She was super sexy, fashionable and edgy. But these days, every time she goes out in public I feel repulsed by her. She is drinking too much and putting on weight, and obviously feeling insecure about it, as each look she wears is getting more and more slutty each time.

Total disappointment.