Menu

September 21, 2020 Runway To Instagram

Regina King Wore Schiaparelli Haute Couture For The 2020 Emmy Awards

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Regina King Wore Schiaparelli Haute Couture For The 2020 Emmy Awards

Regina King was awarded an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series for ‘Watchmen’ on Sunday (September 20) during the virtual 2020 Emmy Awards, and like Zendaya she gave us two looks.

The first was a breath-taking sapphire blue silk faille Schiaparelli Spring 2020 Haute Couture gown encrusted with bijoux embroidery.

This looks like she’s on set of a Vogue cover shoot.

Dresses like this tend to be memed to death on awards night by people who tend not to be lovers of fashion.

This type of design isn’t for everyone, but I love the sculptural elegance of this from top to bottom.

It kinda feels like a dress that only a model would dare wear, but Regina more than holds her own in this unique piece.

Those of you who tend to frown up high-low dresses, what are your thoughts on this?

Schiaparelli Spring 2020 Haute Couture

While accepting her award at home, the actress wore her second Schiaparelli look of the night.  This time a fuchsia suit from the Fall 2020 collection.

I adore the colour and cut of the suit, which she paired with a “Say Her Name” t-shirt in honor of Breonna Taylor, the young black woman who was killed by St. Louis police during a no-knock raid earlier this year.

The look was style with complementary raspberry makeup.

Schiaparelli Fall 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & James Anthony & Tym Buacharern

, , , , , , , , , ,

Billy Porter Wore Ashi Studio To The 2020 Emmy Awards

Billy Porter Wore Ashi Studio To The 2020 Emmy Awards

Tracee Ellis Ross Wore Alexandre Vauthier Haute Couture To The 2020 Emmy Awards

Tracee Ellis Ross Wore Alexandre Vauthier Haute Couture To The 2020 Emmy Awards

23 Responses to Regina King Wore Schiaparelli Haute Couture For The 2020 Emmy Awards

1. Hailey September 23, 2020 at 6:15 pm #

The blue gown i beyond beautiful. I wish her hair was a little less messy, but the gown is so perfect on her it really doesn’t matter.

2. Sharon M September 22, 2020 at 12:28 pm #

That dress…Regina does it right! It is a showpiece, and that is how she wore it. I also love the suit with the Breonna shirt…Regina is classy coming and going!

3. clippy September 22, 2020 at 7:20 am #

first one is straight to the top of my BDOTY list. I typically am not a fan of an exaggerated shoulder or high-low but the structure of the garment, her styling and the color make it a truly beautiful piece! Love.

4. Cammie September 22, 2020 at 7:10 am #

I never comment but am swooning over this beatific, antigravity, bejeweled masterpiece and cannot help myself. I’d say I don’t think anyone can top this for the year but I’ve missed fashion so much these past few months that instead I ask please, please universe give me more!!!

5. lmkw September 21, 2020 at 11:48 pm #

Kween. that is all.

6. Nadine September 21, 2020 at 10:32 pm #

The first look was also excited to see first thing today. For some reason, I don’t think of Regina as being this sexy, but she looks GREAT!

7. phee September 21, 2020 at 10:13 pm #

I love the structure of the first dress. I am usually not a fan of the high-low and make it known.
    but this one has the structure and poof to make it intriguing. The color is beautiful too!
    I like the pink color of her suit

8. anonymous as always September 21, 2020 at 7:54 pm #

I love the first look! So far my favourite of the night!!!

9. LaDeeDah September 21, 2020 at 7:53 pm #

I love the pairing of these two looks, as the dress would have been a nightmare to sit in but worthy of a red carpet showing, and the suit and Breonna T-shirt are virtual perfection.

10. fromchi-town September 21, 2020 at 4:43 pm #

Love both the looks. But the first one is to die for! Wow – talk about making a statement. That goes to my BDOTY list!

11. Fanny September 21, 2020 at 4:26 pm #

First dress goes straight to my BDOTY-list, I love everything about the look!

12. TeaAtTwo September 21, 2020 at 3:52 pm #

I absolutely stan both looks. Such a dramatic and bold dress that she wears with such ease and grace. The suit is lovely and Breonna Taylor tee is so important, justice needs to be served.

13. JHH September 21, 2020 at 3:41 pm #

Both looks are great. Minor point: it’s Louisville not Saint Louis.

14. James September 21, 2020 at 2:14 pm #

She looks AMAZING in both outfits. She has the right silhouette for this type of complicated dress. Love her 🙂

• Krissy September 22, 2020 at 1:18 am #

(Breonna was Louisville police)
      I am in love with the high low!!

15. Los_NGLS September 21, 2020 at 1:48 pm #

This is absolutely beautiful! The shape is so interesting, the color is divine on her, and it’s a departure from what people might expect from her.

I read a comment on twitter that really resonated with me about the fashion choices for this remote awards show– it gave celebs, or at least those who chose to capitalize on it, more freedom to wear things that would be less than practical while sitting through a traditional awards show.

16. Dominos September 21, 2020 at 1:38 pm #

The dress is a work of art and its styled beautifully. Also, how is this woman 49 yrs old?!

17. Jess September 21, 2020 at 1:33 pm #

The first is incredible. Better than the runway. My mind doesn’t even conceive of it as a high-low dress (which I usually dislike) as it’s so coherent in flow and form

18. Chris September 21, 2020 at 1:28 pm #

The first look is SO major! Love that she would dare to go for a dress that is so sculptural and fashion forward. I did not see that coming at all. Definitely a stand out look, you do not see dresses like that on celebrities all that often outside of magazine photoshoots.

19. Ruth September 21, 2020 at 1:12 pm #

Iconic behaviour
    She looks so stunning in that schiaparelli Couture gown.

She looks very high fashion. I love the way she styles the gown, the hair, the shoes, the toned down make up, etc everything works well together.

Most people would look silly in that blue gown but regina looks high fashion.

Love the second look also. Love the breonna Taylor shirt her and uzo aduba wore.

20. Charlotte September 21, 2020 at 1:07 pm #

The dress is beautiful and I usually don’t like high-low dresses.
    Regina looks great in both looks.

21. J. September 21, 2020 at 1:00 pm #

First look is one for the ages, she looks stunning. I find her style to be a bit dated sometimes so I’m still recovering from this breathtakingly risqué outing, sublime; I really didn’t expect she had this into her. Bravo

• Ruth September 21, 2020 at 1:21 pm #

Can we take a moment to appreciate that simple white backdrop regina in standing in front of.

Very cool. I think that’s what makes that blue dress pop more