Menu

September 21, 2020 Runway To Instagram

Zendaya Wore Christopher John Rogers & Armani Prive For The 2020 Emmy Awards

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Zendaya Wore Christopher John Rogers & Armani Prive For The 2020 Emmy Awards

Last night I was eagerly awaiting the images from the 2020 Emmy Awards, and I couldn’t find them anywhere.

It turns out, that there was no red carpet, and all the would-be red carpet looks were only going to be shown via Instagram posts and stories.

It kinda took the wind out of my sails, I’m not going to lie, as I was expecting a socially distanced red carpet like Venice Film Festival. But between the pandemic and the wild fires this was the right thing to do.

The one person who I could rely on bring back that happy feeling was Zendaya.

Not only did she become the youngest ever winner for Best Actress at the Emmys – Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her role as Rue Bennett in HBO’s ‘Euphoria’ – but she also gave us two BDOTY worthy looks.

The first was a gorgeous dress from Christopher John Rogers’ Fall 2020 collection.

Yesterday I said I wasn’t ready for Fall, but thanks to these warm tones of grape, eggplant and blackberry, I’ve changed my mind.

The shape of the skirt is a very tricky one to pull off, but you can see from the video, that Zendaya had no problem working this look.

As always the actress was graceful, poised and fashion-forward.

The look was styled with Bvlgari High Jewelry and black Christian Louboutin ‘Cristacora’ pumps with yet more bling.

Zendaya Wore Christopher John Rogers & Armani Prive For The 2020 Emmy Awards

Following her presenting duties the actress changed into a black matte weave skirt with powder-pink polka dots, paired with a black velvet bandeau top fully embroidered in pearls and crystals from Armani Prive.

The custom look had a very youthful and carefree vibe, while still being grand enough for the occasion, but some might feel this has more of a Grammy, Billboard Music Awards, or AMAs vibe.

Even though Zendaya was at home, I still feel this is a look she would’ve worn to the event itself.

I would’ve loved to have seen Zendaya walking up to the podium to collect her award in this look.  It’s an iconic dress that was worthy of her history-making moment.

The two-piece was styled with a Bvlgari high jewelry necklace with diamond studs and an assortment of diamond and emerald rings.

Credit: Vogue.com & Instagram & Dominic Miller

, , , , , , ,

Quick Note

Quick Note

Billy Porter Wore Ashi Studio To The 2020 Emmy Awards

Billy Porter Wore Ashi Studio To The 2020 Emmy Awards

15 Responses to Zendaya Wore Christopher John Rogers & Armani Prive For The 2020 Emmy Awards

1. Nadine September 21, 2020 at 10:38 pm #

I guess the first is more exciting/fashiony because of the color, but the second is really perfect for a young star.

2. phee September 21, 2020 at 9:53 pm #

I love both. She looks sharp as per usual. if picking one I also go with the first!
    fresh and structural, and she wears it perfectly

3. Fanny September 21, 2020 at 4:32 pm #

Both looks are great, I actually think I prefer the first one, it’s styled so well! Also I’m very happy for her win as I loved her in Euphoria.

4. TeaAtTwo September 21, 2020 at 3:59 pm #

The CJR is utterly splendid. I love the Couture shape and that purple hue is mesmerising.
    I really like the Prive skirt and she sells that cutout bodice but I’m not a fan of that hairdo. I would have kept the first hairstyle.

5. Hailey September 21, 2020 at 3:48 pm #

She looks absolutely beautiful in both looks. So happy for her! From head to toe each look was perfection.

6. James September 21, 2020 at 2:19 pm #

The second look is my favorite of the night so far!

7. Los_NGLS September 21, 2020 at 2:00 pm #

LMAO, yeah Catherine, the US is FAR from being able to have nice things, sadly. I work for a pretty big org and we aren’t required to be physically in our office until January 2021 at the earliest, and even that date is presented with an asterisk.

SO HAPPY FOR ZENDAYA!! She was marvelous on Euphoria, and both of these looks are absolute showstoppers! She and Law continue to keep us on our toes, picking unique and adventurous looks that Z so beautifuly breathes life into.

• TeaAtTwo September 21, 2020 at 3:56 pm #

Personally I’m all for remote working if you can. Who needs a commute even in normal times?

• Los_NGLS September 21, 2020 at 10:42 pm #

I agree. My particular position isn’t the easiest to do from home – I’m currently going to the office about one day a week – but one silver lining of quarantine has been that now we know my position can happen from home more than was thought before 🙂

8. Chris September 21, 2020 at 1:30 pm #

Love both looks, especially the Armani!! Such a great look for her winning night, definitely would’ve loved to see her walk up the stage in that gown.

• Chris September 21, 2020 at 6:51 pm #

The more I look at it and think about it, I’m also enjoying the first look more and more.

9. Jess September 21, 2020 at 1:27 pm #

Both absolute stunners, executed to perfection. How to pick a fav?!

10. Ruth September 21, 2020 at 1:08 pm #

She looks amazing. Slayed both looks
    And she won best lead actress in a drama . I’m so happy for her.
    She is dressed like a winner.

I love the beyonce B-day album cover hair .lol

11. Dominos September 21, 2020 at 12:06 pm #

She’s hands down the style icon of her generation. I love everything (except her hair on the second look) especially how she’s never predicable.

• Catherine Kallon September 21, 2020 at 12:16 pm #

I agree. I was so upset this was going to be an non event, but her Billy and Regina totally killed it