Menu

February 11, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Armani @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Armani @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Armani was present on the red carpet in classic Giorgio Armani, Armani Prive, and Emporio Armani for the 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party held at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on Sunday (February 9) in Beverly Hills, California.

Laura Dern: The story behind this vintage Giorgio Armani cut-out dress, is that the piece was originally custom made for the actress back in 1990.

She first wore dress back in 1995 for the Sheba Humanitarian Awards Gala.

The second time was for the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscar Party, so this outing served as third time lucky, as she’d also been nominated three times and finally won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for ‘Marriage Story.’

She styled the look with her little gold statue and a pink ALYX Fall 2020 menswear blazer.

Miguel:  I do love this Emporio Armani metallic army green suit.

It will look even better on the singer when he grows into those trousers.

ALYX Fall 2020

Alessandra Ambrosio:  I was so happy when I saw that the model was not in Julien Macdonald, or an embellished Zuhair Murad gown.

That has nothing to do with either designer – as I love them both – it has more to do with wanting something new from the Brazilian model.

Channeling her inner Marilyn Monroe in ‘Gentlemen Prefer Blondes’ wearing an Armani Prive vibrant pink silk satin, with a diamond necklace.  I was somewhat thrown with the black satin bow at the back, which lead to a dramatic train.

My dilemma is this:

1. This dress may have looked pretty run-of-the-mill without the bow.

2.  The dress would’ve looked dated had the bow been in pink.

What are your thoughts about this look?

Sara Sampaio:  While we all know that Sara can do this in her sleep, it doesn’t stop this Armani Privé strapless silk black velvet gown with a plunging neckline from being one of her most elegant Armani looks.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty/Armani

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Christian Dior @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Christian Dior @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Etro @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Etro @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

14 Responses to Armani @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Guest February 17, 2020 at 1:49 pm #

Armani didn’t have a great night. Sara’s look is classic though.

2. Guest February 13, 2020 at 1:28 pm #

Alessandra looks amazing. And Sara too.

3. Phee phee February 12, 2020 at 11:51 pm #

Sara probably looks best. pretty and classic.
    alsessandras looks way too weird with that black fabric behind her. its spooky.
    Lauras is a no. I hate that bodice/neckline piece.
    Miguels had potential. but its a bit big for him.

4. Paola102 February 12, 2020 at 8:39 pm #

Laura’s third outing is the best. Especially with the gold statue.
    Alessandra’s dress is beautiful. I actually like the bow. it’s so big it looks almost like a cape. The dual colour is really nice.
    Sara looks the best here. So classy. Imagine looking at this pic 20 yeas ago or 20 years from now…a classic!

5. JohnM219 February 12, 2020 at 7:36 pm #

Looking at the 2013 photo I cannot stop thinking about what Laura has done to her face.

It’s not bad or good, just different.

6. Catarina_M February 12, 2020 at 2:20 pm #

Sara looks very classic and elegant.
    And Laura looks so much better than on the main event.

7. Guest February 12, 2020 at 1:43 pm #

The thing with Laura’s look is, she looks pretty good, it’s just, with the boring blazer and everything, she doesn’t look like ‘Academy Award Winner Laura Dern’, you know? The Oscar-statue in her hand almost steals the show.
    Also, Sara’s little illusion panel makes me very want to scream. This is hardly the first time that night, but how hard can it be to match a little piece of netting to someone’s skin-tone?! That’s something a Couture-look should not even expect credit for.

8. Guest February 12, 2020 at 6:53 am #

I wish Laura came without the blazer. That dress seems to be a classic.

9. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 12, 2020 at 1:49 am #

I was very surprised too.

10. Guest February 12, 2020 at 12:59 am #

I’d love to see more of Alessandra in Armani, she used to snatch their campaigns left and right back in the day. She clearly could be a great ambassador for the brand and it would make her wear better gowns, steering away from crazy sheer or cut outs.

11. KseniaBradner February 11, 2020 at 9:41 pm #

None of these are remarkable, though I like the color of Alessandra’s gown.

12. Guest February 11, 2020 at 8:33 pm #

I waited for you to post this because I was so (positively) surprised by Alessandra’s look.
    This color looks really good on her, there is not too much cleavage, legs or sheerness. The bow is a nice touch IMO.

Laura looks good (better than at the main event).

Sara has done this before, it’s a good look (apart from the mesh part around cleavage).

13. Guest February 11, 2020 at 8:14 pm #

As I always says, Armani does not age, Armani grows.

14. CharlotteLG February 11, 2020 at 7:47 pm #

Laura Dern looks so much better here than at the Oscars!