Menu

February 4, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

British Vogue and Tiffany & Co. Fashion and Film Party

There many more celebrities who grace the red carpet on Sunday (February 2) for the British Vogue and Tiffany & Co. Fashion and Film Party held at Annabel’s on Sunday (February 2) in London.

M.I.A.: The singer has been M.I.A. from the red carpet for a while, but she made a head-turning return in this dress which is instantly recognisable as Richard Quinn due to the dramatic, and innovative use of floral prints. There is a lot going on, but I’m drinking it in one gulp at a time.  Only the likes of M.I.A, Rihanna, Chloe Sevigny, Rita Ora, potentially Beyonce and Joey King would have what takes pull this off. This was easily one of my favourites on the night.

Irina Shayk:  While most of us are in knitwear season, the model appears to be in swimsuit season, because that’s what this Burberry look is to me; a swimsuit with a beaded overlay.  I don’t buy this notion that she wanted to show ex Bradley Cooper – who was in attendance – “what he’s missing” ( I hate that phrase), because Irina has never been afraid to give us risqué red carpet moments.

Gemma Arterton: The British actress looked radiant wearing a Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall 2020 two-piece red look, that was veering into Victoria Beckham territory when to came to the length of the trousers. Roger Vivier shoes, and Tiffany & Co. jewels completed her look.

Nicole Scherzinger: I’m not sure this animal print Alex Perry Fall 2019 look will get a lot of love, but I love the drama this brought to the party.  Classic Nicole if you ask me.

Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall 2020
Alex Perry Fall 2019

Maya Jama:  I’m a huge fan of Maya Jama in every way possible, but I failed to get on-board with this Azzi & Osta Spring 2020 yellow off-shoulder tulle gown, and it has nothing to do with this feeling more suited to the summer months. I don’t think I would even like it then. It appears too tight on the chest, the embellishments feel a little bit too gaudy for such a delicate fabric.  After being stunned by Jodie Turner Smith’s yellow gown, this one pales in comparison.

Florence Pugh:  Would it be rude of me to remove Florence off my one-to-watch this awards season? Because she had an absolute shocker in Dries van Noten at the main event, and she didn’t fare so well in this Givenchy ruffled creation either.  If this is the direction she is going in after receiving an Oscar nomination, I’m really worried about that she will deliver on Sunday night.

Azzi & Osta Spring 2020

Naomi Scott:  The ‘Aladdin’ star was seeing stars in this Christopher Kane Spring 2020 star print embellished dress styled with Maria Tash jewels and Jimmy Choo ‘Max’ platform sandals.

Jourdan Dunn:  The newly engaged model found the perfect vintage Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 1997 Haute Couture gown to complement that large sparkler.  The boy dunn good.

Christopher Kane Spring 2020
Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 1997 Haute Couture

Jenna Coleman:  I’m usually a big fan of Jenna’s style, but I’m not a fan of the bottom half of this Preen By Thornton Bregazzi Pre-Fall 2020 dress.  It feels like an old-fashioned nightie.

Paloma Faith: No one commits to a look more than Paloma Faith.  Wearing Simone Rocha Spring 2020, I would’ve been disappointed had she not gone OTT with the styling.

Preen By Thornton Bregazzi Pre-Fall 2020
Simone Rocha Spring 2020

Credit: Darren Gerrish

25% Off Selected Knitwear at Warehouse.

25% Off Selected Knitwear at Warehouse.

Lana Condor Wore Valentino 'To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You' LA Premiere

Lana Condor Wore Valentino ‘To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You’ LA Premiere

20 Responses to British Vogue and Tiffany & Co. Fashion and Film Party

1. Catarina_M February 8, 2020 at 8:36 pm #

Jourdan Dunn is my favourite here. The rest is just bad.

2. Red Carpet Fashion Awards February 8, 2020 at 8:24 pm #

They really do need a conscious uncoupling

3. MissCoco February 6, 2020 at 10:50 am #

I love Gemma’s and Naomi’s looks, and I would love MIA’s Richard Queen without the sleeves. Those were a step tooooooooo far

4. Guest February 5, 2020 at 4:24 pm #

Jourdan looks phenomenal!! Always a pleasure to see vintage JPG pieces on the red carpet.

5. Guest February 5, 2020 at 1:11 pm #

Wow…so terrible! Except for Jordan. And I like Gemma’s outfit, but her hair ruins it…that is news reporter helmet hair.

M.I.A. And Paloma have scarred my eyes…can’t unsee either one.

6. Guest February 5, 2020 at 12:27 pm #

I have never seen an Alex Perry dress that I didn’t like and Nicole looks STUNNING!

7. Guest February 5, 2020 at 12:26 pm #

I also love Jordan’s so much,

8. Guest February 5, 2020 at 11:18 am #

Jourdan Dunn by far.

9. Guest February 5, 2020 at 2:38 am #

Jourdan is the only good look here. WTF was Irina thinking wearing that mess? So fug

10. Guest February 5, 2020 at 2:04 am #

Jourdan is my favourite here, I’m delighted by this archival pull, the gown is stunning.
    I don’t necessarily love MIA and Paloma’s dresses but I’m enjoying them on the respective wearers though I could do with out the pearl necklaces.
    Irina’s Burberry look is kinda lame, fishnet overlay over swimsuit indeed. Maya looks as if she put on a cheap costume from the Disney store. Florence is going through a bad patch style-wise.

11. Guest February 5, 2020 at 1:06 am #

Gemma looks amazing here. I love everything about her look.

12. Guest February 5, 2020 at 12:48 am #

“Florence Pugh and taffeta need to divorce on irreconcilable differences.” Haha, yep.

13. Guest February 4, 2020 at 11:26 pm #

I wonder when Gemma A last aged, but that neckline is still a bit awkward. I also appreciate what MIA and Naomi Scott are going for, but I don’t see anything I particularly like here.

14. Phee phee February 4, 2020 at 8:52 pm #

Jourdann Dunns is just sooo elegant and beautiful to me. I adore this look. Its a best dressed to my eyes.

There is a lot of messes here. MIA, Irina, and Paloma look insanely bad.
    Florences is just a mess. as is Mayas.

15. JessHarps February 4, 2020 at 8:17 pm #

Gemma A looks absolute stunning – and this sort of outfit isn’t normally my thing. BDOTW contender there

16. Guest February 4, 2020 at 7:07 pm #

+1 for everything you said. Paloma should have a fashion face-off with Helena Bonham Carter and Anna Dello Russo. Ladies, please never change.

17. Paola102 February 4, 2020 at 7:06 pm #

Jourdan looks the best here. And I can’t believe Nicole is the runner-up!!

18. Guest February 4, 2020 at 6:49 pm #

M.I.A. is the best, deserves BDOTW.

Love Naomi Scott in Christopher Kane, well styled too. Jourdan picked the perfect Gaultier Couture for her big ring reveal. Gemma’s pants drag the whole look down which is a bummer because she is amazing in red. Love Paloma Faith, always happy to see her.

I don’t understand, there aee tonsof better Preen options for Jenna. This dress is no fun.

Florence Pugh and taffeta need to divorce on irreconcilable differences.

19. Guest February 4, 2020 at 6:35 pm #

Naomi Scott & Gemma Arterton are my favs.

Maya Jama’s dress is so poor fitting, I don’t know how she breathes. It’s going into uniboob territory.

20. Guest February 4, 2020 at 6:32 pm #

Paloma is wearing grandma’s curtains and MIA looks like a bad 80s flashback. Irina is meh. Tired of the see-through thing. Jourdan looks great.