Menu

January 9, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

‘Sex Education’ Season 2 World Premiere

'Sex Education' Season 2 World Premiere

The second series of ‘Sex Education’ on Netflix is due to launch in the UK on January 17.

On Wednesday (January 8), stars of the series gathered at the Genesis Cinema in London for the world premiere.

Gillian Anderson:  Following the Golden Globes, the actress looked radiant wearing a gold puff-sleeve dress from The Vampire’s Wife, a label much loved celebrities such as Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Kirsten Dunst, Naomi Watts, and Natalie Portman to name a few.

The design of this dress is much different from the brands signature style.

I noticed that they are expanding their range since Felicity Jones’ most recent look.

The Vampire’s Wife
'Sex Education' Season 2 World Premiere

Emma Mackey:  The British actress was presented a distinct ’60s vibe wearing a red Stella McCartney Resort 2020 mini dress teamed with chunky silver Aquazzura Sundance platform sandals . I really wish she had worn her hair up/back with this look, to elongate her neck and showcase those statement earrings.

Stella McCartney Resort 2020
'Sex Education' Season 2 World Premiere

Trish Allison:  Pattern play was at play with Trish’s Dolce and Gabbana Fall 2019 polka dot and gingham trimmed sheer dress which was styled Florian London bag and Dolce & Gabbana shoes.

Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2019
'Sex Education' Season 2 World Premiere

Tanya Reynolds: As much as I want to focus on her Simone Rocha Spring 2020 dress, I’m distracted by the eye makeup.  White lace-up Miista boots completed her look.

Simone Rocha Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

V Magazine Launches 2020 Calendar Featuring Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid, Carolyn Murphy, Hailey Bieber and More...

Get Up To 60% Off The Reiss Sale

Get Up To 60% Off The Reiss Sale

8 Responses to ‘Sex Education’ Season 2 World Premiere

1. Phee phee January 10, 2020 at 2:34 am #

Not a fan of Vampires Wife but out of this mess Gillian looks best. I like the metallic fabric. but I dont see much difference to their original design.

2. JasLinds January 10, 2020 at 1:16 am #

Gillian – Nice, but terrible hair (I don’t hate Vampire’s Wife and mostly the dresses fit really well).
    Emma – I actually like this a lot, even the hair. Goes with the whole vibe. Maybe if she’d posed with her hands up or on her waist, it wouldn’t looks so sack-ish.
    Trish – Too twee for my liking.
    Tanya – Horrible makeup, even worse shoes. WISH she’d worn the coat as well and maybe with white pumps.

3. KseniaBradner January 9, 2020 at 11:34 pm #

With the exception of Tanya’s OTT eye makeup, her makeup and skin looks amazing as it shows off her porcelain.

I wanted contrasting visible jewels from Gillian to give her gown a punch.

I get what Emma was going for by wearing her hair down. That’s a great dress.

4. Guest January 9, 2020 at 10:51 pm #

Emma and Trish look good.

5. Guest January 9, 2020 at 10:29 pm #

Oh Vampire’s Wife removed the gathers from the sleeves and hem. Be still my beating heart for I fear this dramatic change may be too much for me. Er, no. Actually, just another boring dress. Their PR machine must be incredible. Ankles up, Emma looks okay. Tanya looks ill. I guess Trish is the winner here by attrition.

6. Guest January 9, 2020 at 10:05 pm #

Apart from the metallic fabric of Gillian’s dress, I’m not liking anything here.

7. Guest January 9, 2020 at 9:52 pm #

Not to be unkind, but this red carpet looks like a collection of what I would think Vampires’ wives might actually look like. There’s barely any life in these outfits.

8. Guest January 9, 2020 at 9:37 pm #

The vampire’s wife, how do u guys get famous people to were ur one note same design gowns.
    What is ur secret?