Menu

December 19, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Kelly Marie Tran was the final star to hit the carpet for the premiere of Disney’s ‘Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’ on Wednesday (December 16) in London alongside Daisy Ridley, Naomi Ackie. John Boyega and Keri Russell.

Much like the world premiere, the actress stood out with her choice of dress.

Both the colour and the contemporary style of this Phuong My gown ensured that.

The frills really captured my attention such as the chiffon insert in the bodice, and the extended train.

I’m enamored by the attention to detail, as this piece doesn’t feel big and puffy for the sake of it.  I’d loved the know the story behind the design.

Phuong My is a highly underrated designer.  A flick through this collection will prove that. There’s not one look I wouldn’t want to see on the red carpet.

Phuong My

Credit: Phuong My & Getty

, , , , ,

Eva Longoria Wore Rami Al Ali Couture To The Global Gift Gala Dubai

Eva Longoria Wore Rami Al Ali Couture To The Global Gift Gala Dubai

Red Carpet Fashion Awards: Best Of 2019: Final Call

Red Carpet Fashion Awards: Best Of 2019: Final Call

18 Responses to Kelly Marie Tran Wore Phuong My To The ‘Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’ London Premiere

1. Guest December 20, 2019 at 9:18 am #

The gown is gorgeous, so is the rest of the collection. The only thing I would change in the dress is hiding the right nipple, it’s easy to see on her, and also on the runway ?

• Guest December 21, 2019 at 12:28 am #

I was gonna make a comment on the nipple too. I found showing just one is the problem. I’d go with both nipples shown or both covered.

2. Catarina_M December 20, 2019 at 9:08 am #

She is on a high note. She looks amazing.
    I just prefer the blue dress over this one, just because it’s blue.

3. Phee phee December 20, 2019 at 1:51 am #

She’s having a good tour. She looks great again. it feels contemporary and holds interest.
    I still prefer her previous dark blue perfection. But this is good.

4. Originalmeme December 20, 2019 at 12:35 am #

She looks lovely but the dress on the model looks stunning.

5. Los_NGLS December 20, 2019 at 12:18 am #

Another stunning look from Kelly! I love how it stands out against all the blue of the background/carpet, and how cohesive the different stylistic elements of the dress manage to look.
    So awesome of her to showcase a not so well know Vietnamese designer on such a large “stage”.

6. Guest December 20, 2019 at 12:04 am #

This is a very pretty dress but the fit above the waist leaves something to be desired.

• Guest December 21, 2019 at 12:30 am #

My thought too. I’m not a fan of the shape of the cutout either. It looks a bit strange imo.

7. KseniaBradner December 19, 2019 at 11:17 pm #

I definitely see potential in Phuong My; my only concern is that for her last two collections she used the same fabrics and similar silhouettes as Bibhu Mohapatra, and the Indian designer himself is limited by his own reliance on such heavy satins. I find this gown a refreshing take on the red red carpet gown. Excellent choice and shining light on a new designer whose work looks luxe.

8. Guest December 19, 2019 at 11:15 pm #

She looks great. I’m not the big fan of the collar, it makes the dress look a bit heavy but i love the color.
    it’s nice how she supports a vietnamese designer.

9. Guest December 19, 2019 at 10:08 pm #

Although the blue Wu is still my fave, this ravishing red is fab as well. Werq.

10. Guest December 19, 2019 at 9:48 pm #

Her red carpet dressing has improved so much since her first appearance two years ago.
    The designer’s collection is very nice, there’s only one gown that I wasn’t keen on.
    I’d be very interested to see what this designer would produce if at the helm of Christian Dior.

• Los_NGLS December 20, 2019 at 12:19 am #

I’m guessing you also saw some of Galliano’s Dior as influence in her designs 😉

• Guest December 20, 2019 at 9:06 am #

A little, yes. But I guess influences of previous fashion can be found in almost any collection nowadays. 😉

11. _Hannah_ December 19, 2019 at 9:06 pm #

I simply have no words – she looks so good. What an amazing colour and design. Another BDOTW worthy look.

12. Guest December 19, 2019 at 9:03 pm #

This dress probably looks better moving. it looks quite heavy in this photo, but she does look good. A nice departure from the Jason Wu. I wonder if she’ll be sticking to Asian designers for this tour. It would be great to see!

13. Guest December 19, 2019 at 9:00 pm #

She is slaying this promo tour!

14. CharlotteLG December 19, 2019 at 8:55 pm #

Beautiful dress!
    Classis but with the right twist, I really like it.