Menu

December 18, 2019 Premiere

Daisy Ridley Wore Vivienne Westwood Couture For The 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' London Premiere

Daisy Ridley attended the ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ European premiere held at Cineworld Leicester Square on Wednesday (December 18) in London.

It’s safe to say you didn’t like her Oscar de la Renta look, nor did you like the styling.

As you know I’m partial to just about anything in this striking blue hue, and velvet, but this custom Vivienne Westwood Couture gown could’ve been in black, green or plum, and I would’ve fallen in love with it.

I love the mix of the modern slinky pencil dress, with the dramatic train which was giving me Victorian vibes.

I’m soooo glad she didn’t opt to place her hands on her hips, but I appreciate it’s tricky to manoeuvre such a piece, but I think she managed it with ease.

I deliberately selected this picture which showcased the skirt, as pictures where the train covered her legs made this more of a princess style gown, and I don’t think that’s what Daisy was going for.

Jimmy Choo ‘Anouk’ pumps completed her look.

Vivienne Westwood

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Carina Lau Wore Two Elie Saab Haute Couture Looks To The 4th International Film Festival Awards Macao (IFFAM)

Queen Mathilde of Belgium Wore Dries van Noten & Dior Haute Couture For A Christmas Concert & Remembrance Ceremony

23 Responses to Daisy Ridley Wore Vivienne Westwood Couture For The ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ London Premiere

1. barbarapp December 20, 2019 at 11:14 pm #

she doesn’t know how to carry this look, it’s too much on her. And the dress deserved a better styling, what is this hair?

2. Los_NGLS December 20, 2019 at 12:08 am #

I love the concept of it and most of the execution. I am just on the fence about the tea length of the skirt (if I’m using ‘tea length’ correctly), it’s just a length I rarely like. All that being said though, it’s a beautiful regal gown worn to exactly the important type of red carpet it should’ve been worn to.

3. _Hannah_ December 19, 2019 at 8:54 pm #

What an amazing look. Past meets the future. Great silhouette and colour. BDOTW worthy.

4. Guest December 19, 2019 at 8:14 pm #

The dress is epic. Bressed of the year material for me. But the shoes are as basic as they come and the rest of the styling is a bit meh. Still a fine look

5. Guest December 19, 2019 at 3:05 pm #

I was loving it until I got to the shoes. They are too conservative (esp. in combination with that dress length) for this dramatic look. And I love (!) how rich the velvet looks in blue.

6. Sharon M December 19, 2019 at 12:50 pm #

Love the color and the dress, but her hair is terrible. What is that straight piece hanging down?

7. Phee phee December 19, 2019 at 11:24 am #

The color is stunning. The design is glorious.
    The styling…..really lets it down.
    THOSE shoes with such an amazing dress??? Really? no no no
    And that hairstyle. looks like she just got out of the gym.

The dresss is a win. the styling sucks. Such a sad shame.

8. Guest December 19, 2019 at 10:37 am #

Daisy Ridley really came to PLAY and SLAY in her own A-game, and I have to say she looks absolutely STUNNING!! This royal blue Vivienne Westwood velvet midi with a tulle train really is an instant showstopper, and it complements her milky skin tone perfectly!! Head to toe PERFECTION, well done Queen Daisy!! I guess Rey would be proud of you my dear girl crush!!

9. Catarina_M December 19, 2019 at 8:55 am #

I love this. The color is amazing. I just don’t like that hair.

10. Guest December 19, 2019 at 8:52 am #

I’m surprised not many have said something about that hair. It ruins an otherwise perfect look! too bad…

11. CharlotteLG December 19, 2019 at 8:26 am #

I like the dress.
    She looks good, but it would have looked spectacular on someone with more presence.
    And with better shoes…

12. MissHebble December 19, 2019 at 7:14 am #

Well! If this isn’t a last minute addition to my BDOTY list I don’t what is. Divine!

13. Guest December 19, 2019 at 7:06 am #

The dress is fantastic. It’s good to see a different design by Westwood being worn. I wish she had worn pumps that matched gorgeous blue shade and I’m not sure that I like the back of her updo but I’ll have to check other pics.

14. KseniaBradner December 19, 2019 at 4:27 am #

I love this look. Very well imagined and executed by her stylist Samantha McMillen and well carried by Daisy. The way she is holding her shoulders really sets up the rest of her body to carry the gown.

• Guest December 19, 2019 at 4:52 am #

She actually changed stylists to Samantha McMillen (who also styles Brie Larson & Ellen Fanning) 2 years ago during the The Last Jedi Press Run, and shes been doing wonders for this girl ever since!

15. JasLinds December 19, 2019 at 1:01 am #

Wow! Vivienne Westwood is a genius – the intricacy and finesse of design. Plus the colour and mix of velvet. What a dream! Perfect for the premier.

16. lelaid December 19, 2019 at 12:48 am #

I’m head over heels for this. To be nit picky I’d like different shoes and hair, but really this dress is stunning.

17. Originalmeme December 18, 2019 at 11:55 pm #

That color is gorgeous on her. I love this but she doesn’t look comfortable. Maybe it’s just this photo but she seems at a loss as to what to do with her hands. And she needs earrings or a killer bracelet.

18. ? December 18, 2019 at 11:32 pm #

I really like this look! The colour is so beautiful! If I were to nitpick I would have loved different shoes. Black pumps were a safe, but kind of inspiring choice. But she looks great nonetheless!

anonymous as always

• Guest December 19, 2019 at 2:09 am #

19. Guest December 18, 2019 at 11:02 pm #

I wish there was no train. And I wish she didn’t wear black pumps. Silver pumps to sell the fantasy, girl!!!

20. BrittaDK December 18, 2019 at 10:57 pm #

Absolutely love this.

21. Paola102 December 18, 2019 at 10:24 pm #

The colour is divine and the design is different, while the lines are familiar. I love this!