Menu

December 17, 2019 Premiere

Daisy Ridley Wore Oscar de la Renta To The 'Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker' LA Premiere

Daisy Ridley attended the premiere of Disney’s ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ on Monday (December 16) in Hollywood, California.

I’ve become so accustom to seeing Daisy in tailored looks lately, that this caught me a little off guard.

Not in a bad way.

Her Oscar de la Renta oxblood gown served as a lovely reminder that she has more than one string to her bow, as I was expecting something along the lines of her David Koma look.

I adore how effortlessly elegant this gown is.  Like one piece of sumptuous fabric was wrapped around her with folds adding rich texture to the silhouette.

Matching custom Jimmy Choo vegan pumps, Anita Ko earrings and Beladora Jewelry completed this breath-taking look.

Credit: Getty

, , , , ,

Saoirse Ronan's Two Looks For The 'Little Women' London Photocalls

Saoirse Ronan’s Two Looks For The ‘Little Women’ London Photocalls

Jordan Roth Wore Viktor&Rolf Haute Couture To The 'Cats' World Premiere

Jordan Roth Wore Viktor&Rolf Haute Couture To The ‘Cats’ World Premiere

22 Responses to Daisy Ridley Wore Oscar de la Renta To The ‘Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’ LA Premiere

1. Guest December 18, 2019 at 8:34 am #

This is gorgeous. Everything

2. Jess Mara December 18, 2019 at 12:35 am #

Wow I love this look!! The styling and draping of the dress are perfect for her. Makeup and hair are divine. This will likely be my BODTW

3. Guest December 17, 2019 at 8:45 pm #

Very boring
    This gown is for sn elderly woman

This ages her.
    She is young she shouldn’t be wearing stiff, ageing gowns.
    The styling is very mature also

• Guest December 17, 2019 at 10:25 pm #

The whole styling is very mumsy, the hair is especially the worst.

4. Maya_S December 17, 2019 at 8:40 pm #

I love this look so much!

5. Paola102 December 17, 2019 at 6:18 pm #

I love the dress, the colour and the draping. Her beauty look is flawless as well as her hair. I just don’t feel it. Something is missing. or maybe it’s the wrong movie….

6. Originalmeme December 17, 2019 at 5:34 pm #

Love this. Gorgeous dress and that color is fab on her. She needs earrings or a bracelet though.

7. Guest December 17, 2019 at 5:30 pm #

I like the change of pace but I picture this dress with better shoes and on someone like Helen Mirren. It’s nice and all but I am just not feeling it on Daisy.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 18, 2019 at 8:53 am #

Hmm… after reading other comments you’re not alone in this thinking. ?

8. Guest December 17, 2019 at 5:19 pm #

Frankly I haven’t seen Daisy Ridley ROCKING a full length gown for almost 3 years, so this burgundy Oscar de la Renta one shoulder gown comes as a lovely surprise!! Creases aside, she looks positively glamorous and absolutely stunning!! Fingers crossed Daisy would SLAY us all with another outstanding look for the upcoming London premiere!! Well as the leading lady, hopefully she could end this tour with a spectacular bang!!

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 18, 2019 at 8:54 am #

Wow. 3 years? ?

• Guest December 19, 2019 at 12:27 pm #

Almost 3 years, I mean since her Star Wars The Last Jedi promo tour is all about midis and jumpsuits. So it’s the perfect surprise from Daisy to all RCFA fans!! Kudos for our Star Wars beauty for backing on track in such great fashion!!

9. Phee phee December 17, 2019 at 4:55 pm #

Somethings not quite working here.
    Somethings missing maybe?
    idk. I do know that I dont like the shoes chosen. They really let the look down.
    As a red dress, I find it pretty lacklustre.
    Also find it ageing on her.

10. KseniaBradner December 17, 2019 at 4:50 pm #

Good look. Well styled. The red color is divine with her hair color.

11. CharlotteLG December 17, 2019 at 4:21 pm #

Gorgeous, I love the color of the dress and her beauty look.
    It would have been perfect with sandals, but it’s minor.

12. Los_NGLS December 17, 2019 at 4:17 pm #

I LOVE this! And I love how different it is from the David Koma look. You’re absolutely spot on in that it looks like one piece of fabric Catherine. Genius draping!

I’m sure designers are THROWING dresses in her stylist’s direction, so it’s awesome that she’s diversifying her looks (so far anyay), and I sincerely hope she continues to do so.

13. Guest December 17, 2019 at 4:10 pm #

I like the dress and styling but I would have preferred Marion Cotillard, Rachel Weisz or Catherine Zeta Jones in this.

• Guest December 17, 2019 at 4:23 pm #

I also feel like this look (the color, the draping, esp.teamed with the pumps) is for a more mature woman. I’d prefer to see Daisey in something fresher.

14. Guest December 17, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

This is a beautiful look, but I do prefer her David Koma – it felt more chic and modern. This one feels more stale/mature in comparison, and she even looks shorter.

15. Guest December 17, 2019 at 3:45 pm #

Beautiful

16. Guest December 17, 2019 at 3:44 pm #

She looks gorgeous here. Interesting shoe choice, too, that I think takes it a bit too pageant-y, but not in a bad way.

17. Guest December 17, 2019 at 3:35 pm #

J’adore! <3 Best she’s ever looked!