Menu

Beyonce Knowles Wore Kujta & Meri To Sean Combs 50th Birthday Bash

Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles-Carter attended Sean Combs 50th birthday bash on Saturday (December 14) in Los Angeles, California.

My immediate thought?  “Was this a themed party?”

Ode to Cruella de Vil? Diana Ross?  Joan Collins?  Anyone in the ’60s, ’70s or ’80s?

But upon looking at the other guests, it was apparent that no dress code was in place, so this theatrical Kujta & Meri dress, which was a custom piece, is how Beyonce intended to celebrate P. Diddy’s milestone birthday.

Admittedly, this picture is highly unflattering, but this dress didn’t work for me.

Firstly, it upstages the man of the hour.

Secondly, I have to strongly question if this was custom, as the bodice is so tight you can see the top portion of her areola.

And lastly, the styling.  The opera gloves, with the jewels on top?  Yikes.  This couldn’t have been more dated if she tried.

Lorraine Schwartz jewels completed her look.

Of course the pictures on her Instagram portray a totally different vision, which is one of the many reasons you don’t often seen pictures of Beyonce at events, as she likes to carefully control her image.

Looking at the picture below. Do you prefer the original?

Kujta & Meri

Credit: Vogue.com, Kujta & Meri & Instagram

, , , , ,

Best Dressed Of The Week

Best Dressed Of The Week

Brie Larson Wore Alexander McQueen To The 'Just Mercy' Celebration Conversation

Brie Larson Wore Alexander McQueen To The ‘Just Mercy’ Celebration Conversation

24 Responses to Beyonce Knowles Wore Kujta & Meri To Sean Combs 50th Birthday Bash

1. Guest December 20, 2019 at 7:58 pm #

It looks like something her mom would make. It’s so tight, the dress is resting further down her chest because it can’t go any higher. Yikes!

2. Guest December 17, 2019 at 7:37 am #

Her instagram looks like absolute perfection. The reality is terrible and cheap.

3. Guest December 17, 2019 at 2:18 am #

I guess I thought she looked like she was dressed up for fun. IDK, I thought they both look kinda cool…perfect fro a Diddy party.

4. Guest December 17, 2019 at 12:50 am #

Put on a purple wig and here comes Ursula.

5. Guest December 16, 2019 at 6:13 pm #

She’s not used to her new weight yet and looks totally suffocated in everything.

6. Dominos December 16, 2019 at 5:57 pm #

She looks like she’s being attacked by a flock of seagulls. I also hate the accessories but my god her face is stunning.

7. Guest December 16, 2019 at 5:36 pm #

If she looks like she does in the Instagram page, this would be an okay bordering on mediocre look for Beyonce. The skirt would be buts but at least one could see the architectural features of the dress. If she looks in the dress like she does in the first picture, this is awful. It’s not flattering on her body and the top is too tight. I am going to choose to believe that the Instagram picture is how Beyonce looked in person because if she looked like she does in the first picture, someone should have stopped her.

8. Phee phee December 16, 2019 at 3:29 pm #

Ha. The models version doesn’t look cheap but Beyonces version certainly does.
    The ultra high slit just looks desperate and stupid. The embroidery detail on hers looks like a cheap knock off version of the lookbooks version.
    Its very dated, I agree. Doubly so, with those gloves.
    She just has poor fashion sense. Always has. shame

• Guest December 26, 2019 at 11:02 am #

Way you have to make this stupid comment you are clearly jealous

9. lelaid December 16, 2019 at 3:17 pm #

Yet again, another sparkly gown with a high slit, but this time with the added bonus of a rogue nipple.

10. Guest December 16, 2019 at 3:16 pm #

V dated.

11. KseniaBradner December 16, 2019 at 2:49 pm #

Beyonce never had good style. She looks like a Madame Tussauds figure of herself.

12. Guest December 16, 2019 at 12:55 pm #

It doesn’t look so bad on the model.
    Beyonce is, however, a different story.

13. Sharon M December 16, 2019 at 12:44 pm #

No…this is not good. I’m surprised that Beyoncé has her image photoshopped on Instagram. Well…maybe I’m not surprised, but I expect more of her.

14. Guest December 16, 2019 at 12:30 pm #

She looks tacky and cheap. That slit is ridiculous. Beyonce is so try hard and has terrible style. Why couldn’t she wear the model’s version of the dress?

15. BrittaDK December 16, 2019 at 11:28 am #

The dress is so dated and clearly too small. Makes her look small and broad. The model looks amazing in it though.

16. CharlotteLG December 16, 2019 at 11:19 am #

The dress is so dated! And the split, so high, and the unflaterring neckline, make this cheap and tacky.

17. Guest December 16, 2019 at 11:14 am #

I actually prefer Beyonce’s version of the gown – it looks sharper more architectural – I like the dramatic neckline. The problem is that the gown indeed a bit small for her and doesn’t accommodate her forms properly.

18. sueno December 16, 2019 at 11:06 am #

In this dress Beyonce looks more like Kim than herself

19. Guest December 16, 2019 at 10:57 am #

Lol the difference between the two pics is hilarious.
    It’s a pity cause we all want her to excel but her fashion taste…is weird

Now that we’re making a recap of the decade… I always remember her 2014 met gala look. She really nailed it that time!

20. Guest December 16, 2019 at 10:56 am #

I so wish she had worn the look book version sans gloves. Soap opera/dream girls era style/90s low costume budget film came to mind look at top pic. I prefer Bey’s sandal choice though. The darker hair shade looks gorgeous on her.

21. Guest December 16, 2019 at 10:39 am #

So I agree with the you about the fit it’s too tight

I haven’t seen many other outfits a saw #KimKs dress and also thought it was old looking so in terms of #Beyonce looking dated I don’t agree

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 16, 2019 at 10:46 am #

Each to their own. You are more than entitled to disagree. But any chance this had, ended for me with the gloves, and overall styling.

• Guest December 16, 2019 at 11:05 am #

I agree with you. I think Kim actually looked very nice. Almost demure even if it was a wedding dress, it didn’t feel like it. Beyonce on the other hand, looks very dated. I also don’t get the slit thing, it does not flatter her body at all and she’d have looked more modern had she tried to style it the way the model below looks. Epic fail all around ☹