Menu

06.12.18

Priyanka Chopra Weds Nick Jonas In Ralph Lauren

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the Priyanka Chopra Weds Nick Jonas In Ralph Lauren

Newlyweds Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra released the images of their three-day long wedding ceremony, that was blend of the cultures from the couple’s families, and they both dressed in the appropriate ensembles to match.

For the Christian ceremony on Saturday (December 1) at the Umaid Bhawan Palace, the bride and groom (and the entire wedding party) wore Ralph Lauren, who, until now, had only designed three wedding dresses in the last five decades (his daughter, daughter-in-law, and niece were the lucky trio).

This was a very sweet gesture as the couple first publicly met back in 2017 as Ralph Lauren’s guests at the Met Gala, so it seemed only logical that the designer be involved in their wedding day.

Her hand-beaded and hand-embroidered dress, featured floral and scroll motifs and lace-effect tulle appliqués with scalloped sleeves and a high-neck collar. I love the Indian influences, the lightness of the dress and how the look was topped off by a 75-foot-long tulle veil.

Hand-stitched into the embroidery design were 8 words and phrases, specially chosen by the Bride.

1. Nicholas Jerry Jonas
2. 1st December 2018
3. Madhu & Ashok
4. Om Namah Shivay (a Hindi mantra invoking Lord Shiva)
5. Family
6. Hope
7. Compassion
8. Love

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature the Priyanka Chopra Weds Nick Jonas In Sabyasachi

For the Hindu bridal ceremony that took place on Sunday (December 2), Priyanka wore a traditional red lehenga designed by Sabyasachi.

The bride requested that Nick’s name, and her parents’ names (Ashok and Madhu) be sewn into the lehenga’s waistband.

“For the Indian wedding, I wore Sabyasachi. I always knew I wanted a red traditional silhouette for my wedding but Sabya brought in incredible French embroidery to the mix and with incredible jewelry and Western-inspired veil it was just such an amalgamation of who I am,” Chopra told People.

Nick wore an ensemble that consisted of a traditional hand-quilted silk sherwani with a chikan dupatta and chanderi tissue safa, complete with a rose-cut kalgi and diamond necklace from Sabyasachi. The couple both wore Christian Louboutin shoes.

Priyanka looks stunning in both gowns, but I’m a sucker for tradition, so I’m swept away by the Sabyasachi red lehenga.

Credit: (c) Purple Pebble America, LLC and NJJ Entertainment, LLC 2018. Photographs by Jose Villa/Getty Images

'Mortal Engines' LA Premiere

‘Mortal Engines’ LA Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon feature The Hollywood Reporter's Power 100 Women In Entertainment

The Hollywood Reporter’s Power 100 Women In Entertainment

39 Responses to Priyanka Chopra Weds Nick Jonas In Ralph Lauren

1. Viral December 10, 2018 at 11:17 am #

Nick looks good in an Indian Sherwani – so many non-indians at an indian wedding look awkward when dressed in Indian outfits but he looks great. I am honestly disappointed in Priyanka’s wedding outfit – it doesnt have the usual Sabyasachi details showcasing the indian handloom heritage. her ralph lauren dress and the veil-for-days were beautiful – the people magazine released ariel shot of her walking with the giant veil behind her was GORGEOUS! certainly one-upped bestie Meghan Markle

and good on the commentators here on recognizing the hustle yet not hating on the fact that they looked stunning!

2. Anita December 9, 2018 at 1:58 pm #

Priyanka and Nick looked amazing in all their wedding look! Congratulations to the beautiful couple!

3. Caroline December 7, 2018 at 3:10 pm #

I love both.

4. Amy December 7, 2018 at 1:20 pm #

Ralph came through with that dress. Modern yet timeless. The beading work is A+.
    The veil is humongous but hey it’s a wedding so why not?
    The traditional outfit is a classic.
    Overall they went all out and I dig it

5. Mel December 7, 2018 at 4:29 am #

The red gown is stunning but I hate the Ralph Lauren one. The neckline with the embroidery reminds me of wedding gowns from the early 2000’s, it looks very dated. Plus the veil looks completely out of place with no train on the wedding gown.

6. Jas December 7, 2018 at 2:11 am #

The veil is bigger than my hopes and dreams.

7. Sandra Chu December 7, 2018 at 12:43 am #

She definitely had the wedding of the year. Stole it from her friend Mehgan this year. That veil was everything. Her lehenga was beautiful and the veil was stunning. Ralph Lauren and Priyanka is a match made in fashion heaven.

• brat December 7, 2018 at 8:19 am #

+1. for those complaining about the opulence of her wedding they know nothing about Indian weddings, opulence is the name of the game. The more extravagant and flashy the better. This was my Royal wedding of the year and yes I would like to see Deepika covered as hers was fabulous as well.

Thank you Catherine!

I loved her Lehenga, it was too die for and I loved the Ralph Lauren wedding dress. At first my only complaint was I thought it a bit too sheer but it only looks sheer with the light coming in from behind. I saw the dress from many angles. It was perfect for her.

8. kim December 7, 2018 at 12:39 am #

stunning, beautiful, charming as should every bride look on their big day. I want 3-5 days of partying for my wedding!

9. Tina K December 7, 2018 at 12:31 am #

Haven’t seen other dress she wore from the front but I guess it was from the designers spring 2012 collection. Wish she’d worn that during the ceremony, best of both worlds with the pearls.

10. Fee December 7, 2018 at 12:09 am #

From a completely aesthetic point of view this was a fun fashion moment and I do wish them a happily ever after, but if I am being cynical it’s a bit gross the amount of money being flaunted and the commercialism of the whole event but at least they own it I guess.

11. CreoleLady December 6, 2018 at 11:37 pm #

Wow, did not know one could be thirsty even while getting married. Live and learn.

12. Lenor December 6, 2018 at 11:00 pm #

Hey FC, I saw few pics online of Priyanka in another white dress from the wedding (maybe the pics were revealed only recently) with stings of pearls cascading on her shoulders. Would love to see the front and know more about it.

13. AJ December 6, 2018 at 8:41 pm #

Priyanka also has part of Joe’s mother’s wedding dress stitched into her Ralph Lauren gown.

Both are stunning, especially the gown imo!

14. angela December 6, 2018 at 8:08 pm #

Deepika Padukone got married in Lake Como a week before Priyanka. She was looked more stunning.

• Anne-Marie December 6, 2018 at 10:02 pm #

I totally agree! All of Deepika’s outfits were stunning and that red Zuhair Murad gown was amazing!

• angela December 6, 2018 at 11:20 pm #

I believe the skirt in the custom Zuhair Murad was detachable and turned the gown into a mini dress, saw pics of her dancing the night away in it with sneakers on. Rest of her outfits were Indian couture at its timeless best. Most beautiful Indian bride.

• JHH December 7, 2018 at 12:29 am #

Is there a competition?

• Anna-Marie December 7, 2018 at 8:50 am #

In my opinion there is no competiton but why neglect Deepika? She had wonderful outfits too and she usually has been featured on this page. That’s why some people, including me, are asking about Catherine’s thoughts on Deepika’s wedding clothes.

15. Tina K December 6, 2018 at 6:43 pm #

She also wore a stunning hand beaded saree by Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla with a beautiful diamond necklace. That was my favourite out of all the great wedding looks she had so far. Sophie Turner too wore traditional looks too from several Indian designers( Anita Dongre, Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla, Sabyasachi). Hope you see a few of those too Catherine, she looked very elegant.

• Tina K December 6, 2018 at 6:55 pm #

Oops there’s an extra “too”

16. justme December 6, 2018 at 6:24 pm #

They’re shameless and unapologetic about their PR… and I like it lol.

The Ralph Lauren dress is stunning.

• Tina K December 6, 2018 at 7:32 pm #

2.5 million dollar deal with People for their wedding photos and videos.
      Deal partnering with Google Pixel for their Vogue digital cover.
      Priyanka’s deal with Amazon for promoting Amazon’s wedding registrty.
      Several Indian online retail outlets boasting dressing “clueless foreign guests” at wedding by providing quick shopping solutions.
      Launching the Bumble app in India on the eve of their wedding as Priyanka recently invested in it.
      Rumoured negotiations with tourism ministries about the couple “vacationing” at certain spots.
      And loads more
      That’s one profitable wedding.

• justme December 6, 2018 at 8:37 pm #

Indeed. Folks were so upset that People Magazine had to deactivate the IG comments under their cover pic, it was surreal. The couple didn’t hide the wedding sponsors and looked good while doing so. I appreciate a good hustle.

• JHH December 6, 2018 at 8:59 pm #

“The couple didn’t hide the wedding sponsors and looked good while doing so. I appreciate a good hustle.” ITA. I appreciate how upfront they were about their “hustle.”

• Jas December 6, 2018 at 11:30 pm #

Since she’s long been a UNICEF ambassador I was waiting all the while for names of charities to come up to which they would donate all the money to. But guess they aren’t doing any of that. How cheap to rake in such big amounts of money for such a personal moment. How very Kardashian of her.

17. Ksenia December 6, 2018 at 5:51 pm #

Priyanka is using this wedding to boost her profile beyond India and therefore help her career. This is an example of a celebrity using their personal life to help their career but not lying about doing it and claiming they value privacy like most celebrities (Taylor Swift, Blake Lively, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Brange, Pete Davidson on Jimmy Kimmel with fellow guest Robert Pattinson etc.).

I would rather have celebrities be honest like Priyanka and Nick than later claiming they value privacy.

Priyanka looks stunning.

• meek December 6, 2018 at 8:56 pm #

I find it interesting that you mention Priyanka using the wedding to boost her profile but not Nick. They are both doing the same thing.

• Ksenia December 6, 2018 at 9:27 pm #

Touche *hat tip*

18. miszzel December 6, 2018 at 4:22 pm #

I must admit I’ve never liked her style since for me it always felt forced or like a try-hard, but this time I’m speechless. At first I thought that veil looked ridiculous but then well she’s the bride so I guess she just did what she wanted and that’s good for her. She looks so beautiful and the dress itself perfectly captures the mix of two cultures, it’s elegant and classy which is surprising regarding all the sheerness. And the red lehenga is just incredible.

• Ana K December 6, 2018 at 5:34 pm #

Same here… At first glance, I thought what is that train, who does she think she is.
      And then I thought she’s one of the biggest celebs in the world… So she can do what she wants on her wedding day. 🙂

• meme December 6, 2018 at 9:11 pm #

she is hardly one of the biggest celebs in the world.

• Sonia December 6, 2018 at 10:59 pm #

She is one of the biggest BW actors in India.

• Ben M December 6, 2018 at 11:34 pm #

The Prime Minister of her country attended her wedding reception, how many actors can say they’ve had that respect?

• Venus December 8, 2018 at 8:01 pm #

@meme there is a world beyond Hollywood,just saying

19. JHH December 6, 2018 at 4:17 pm #

I adore the traditional red dress. Priyanka looks spectacular. I am neutral on the white dress but she looks good in it and Nick looks good in his tuxedo. I am not feeling him in the traditional attire but I get that this what was to be worn to that ceremony.

20. TeaAtTwo December 6, 2018 at 3:50 pm #

‘Priyanka looks stunning in both gowns, but [sic] I’m swept away by the Sabyasachi red lehenga.’ – my feelings on this post.

• AnnieOh December 6, 2018 at 4:02 pm #

21. Vizual Ninja December 6, 2018 at 3:46 pm #

Thanks for covering this, FC! I’ve been drooling over the pictures on ig all week. I think she has one of my, if not, favourite celeb wedding dresses. I love that it’s classic but modern…and that veil! The traditional dress is also fantastic, love the red on her.