Menu

October 31, 2019

Meghan  Markle purple Aritzia dress

Following the Sussex’s documentary, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex returned to the spotlight last week for the One Young World Summit Opening Ceremony at Royal Albert Hall on Tuesday (October 22) in London, and the roundtable discussion on gender equality with The Queens Commonwealth Trust and One Young World at Windsor Castle on Friday (October 25) in England.

One Young World Summit Opening Ceremony:  You may recoginse this purple Aritzia dress, as Meghan first wore it back in January for the Birkenhead visit.

I adore the bold colour, but I much prefer the styling the first time around. The red coat and shoes gave this dress so much life.   The blue suede pumps are a bit dull here.

Meghan Markle Joseph sweater and Hugo Boss skirt

Roundtable Discussion:  I know this Joseph cashmere sweater and Hugo Boss Selrita leather skirt will appeal to the majority.

This fits perfectly with what I believe is Meghan’s signature style, (or a style I most associate her with having watched her on ‘Suits.’)

The deep hues and streamlined silhouette, gave this look a very professional feel.

The shades of red, plum and raspberry are divine.  This might just be my favourite post-baby look that she’s presented.

If you’re having a case of deja vu, that’s because wore a very similar green version of this look.

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Prabal Gurung's 10 Year Anniversary And First Book Launch Party

Prabal Gurung’s 10 Year Anniversary And First Book Launch Party

Chadwick Boseman's Etro Double

Chadwick Boseman’s Etro Double

14 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex’s Flirtation With Colour Continues For The One Young World Summit & Round Table Discussion

1. Los_NGLS November 6, 2019 at 9:57 pm #

I am beyond obsessed with that purple dress, and the all red look is just business casual perfection *chef’s kiss*. Yes the dress is a repeat, but what a color on her!! And her hair is absolutely divine!

The repetition always (I think) was done with a message in mind, but I think after those clips from the documentary that aired shortly before this, it’s an even louder message, and simultaneously quite silent. She really is going to live as much of a normal life as she can, when she can. She is going to buy nice clothes for things and wear them several times, like a ‘normal’ person, and there’s something just so endearing about that.

As a consumer of red carpet fashion, my only hope is that she, in time, diversifies her fashion ‘normalcy’ and sustainability, and consider wearing vintage pieces that have already “lived a life”, new pieces that she can donate for other people to wear after her, and custom couture designs that she can donate to be auctioned off for her favorite charities.

2. Guest November 2, 2019 at 2:16 pm #

The blue suede shoes completely ruin the look for me.

3. MissHebble November 1, 2019 at 10:52 am #

The first is nice, but I agree on the styling. I really like the second – event and season appropriate!

4. Jess Mara October 31, 2019 at 11:46 pm #

That second look is amazing – she looks like Rachel Zane again! I would copy it H2T and I’m sure Zara and Topshop have already done so.
    The purple dress was so well styled on its first outing that I don’t think she was ever going to better it. For one it is too big for her now that she is not pregnant!

5. Guest October 31, 2019 at 6:28 pm #

I love the colours in both looks, but that’s about it.
    The first one is too baggy and I don’t think she can pull it off.
    The second one to me could have worked, but in conjunction with that hairstyle it looks a bit dated.

6. Guest October 31, 2019 at 4:44 pm #

Yes to color and pencil skirts. Neutrals and navy are fine but I hope to see a balance which includes more declarative colors and sharper silhouettes.

7. Etude October 31, 2019 at 3:15 pm #

I love when Meghan emulates her Suits style, so that second outfit is perfect! That Meghan has that skirt in both red and green means her Christmas outfits are sorted now!

8. Paola102 October 31, 2019 at 1:48 pm #

That purple is a really nice colour. The styling is a complete miss. A little tailoring woulnd’t have hurt either.
    The second look is fabulous, j’adore! It suits (no pun intended) her so well. Her stylist should find her more combos like this.

9. Catarina_M October 31, 2019 at 1:46 pm #

The first look needed some fitting and a different pair of shoes.
    I adore the second look.
    (Queen Letizia wore the same skirt in South Korea, the day before, Meghan’s outing).

10. KseniaBradner October 31, 2019 at 1:37 pm #

I love Meghan in purple but I don’t understand the shoes. Why.

Love the second look, festive and warm.

11. Vizual Ninja October 31, 2019 at 1:33 pm #

Hope she’s in better spirits, she looks it. Totally agree with the others, the first is too big and doesn’t really do anything for her. But the second is great.

12. Dominos October 31, 2019 at 12:40 pm #

I agree – simple streamlined styles are the looks that best suit (pun intended) her best. The colours are fab and her hair and makeup look great.

13. Guest October 31, 2019 at 11:31 am #

The second look is fab.
    The first needs some tailoring now that she’s not pregnant, it looks baggy rather than fashionably loose.

14. _Hannah_ October 31, 2019 at 11:23 am #

The second look I adore from head to toe – it fits her perfectly and the colours are great. I am really happy to see her here.
    The first look, especially in comparison to the first one, is a miss. I like the colour of the dress and that’s it. There’s no styling, no accessories, nothing.