Menu

October 30, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Prabal Gurung’s 10 Year Anniversary And First Book Launch Party

On Tuesday (October 29), Prabal Gurung and Olivia Munn hosted an intimate dinner with VIP friends celebrating Prabal’s 10 year anniversary and release of his first coffee table book

10 years? I can’t believe it’s been 10 years since Zoe Saldana gave Prabal his red carpet debut. Where has the time gone?

Laverne Cox:  It’s safe to say that you are o.v.e.r Laverne’s ode to Beyonce for every red carpet appearance, but I’m not getting that vibe from this Prabal Gurung Resort 2019 modern colour-block dress wrapped in swaths of sequins.  Not seeing Laverne in a gala gown, and this new curly hairstyle has perhaps given us a glimpse of the real Laverne.

Tommy Dorfman: The actor always stands out on the red carpet, this time wearing a Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall 2019 pink satin tie neck caftan styled with Tasaki Atelier fine jewelry.  My favourite part of this is the contrasting shades of pink.  But the baby pink bag didn’t work for me.

Olivia Munn:  The lady of the hour selected a Prabal Gurung Resort 2020 watercolour leopard print silk patchwork bowling shirt with a matching sarong mini skirt.  I’m not sure if I like the drape on the skirt as it results in three uneven lengths that are throwing me off.  A red By FAR bag, Tasaki Atelier fine jewelry plus Stella Luna satin sandals completed her look.

Prabal Gurung Resort 2019
Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall 2019
Prabal Gurung Resort 2020

Joan Smalls:  You’re always going to get something cool and relaxed, yet sexy and modern from Joan Smalls, and that is exactly what this Prabal Gurung Fall 2019 velvet high waisted trousers with hand painted metallic ombré palace garden motif represents.

Adria Arjona: Speaking of looking cool, Adria was easily my favourite this event wearing a Prabal Gurung Resort 2020 sky ­blue tailored suit.  Mostly because of the colour, and the fit, but I was also blown away by the styling which included a blue By FAR bag and the contrasting lilac Chloe Gosselin sandals.  If you’re having a case of deja vu, that’s because Diane Kruger wore this same suit back in March. I have a feeling you will prefer Adria’s styling.

Jaime King:  I would think that it would be hard to upstage a Prabal Gurung Resort 2020 patchwork tailored suit with embroidered jet crystal details, but those Tasaki Atelier fine jewelry pearl earrings managed to do just that.

Prabal Gurung Fall 2019
Prabal Gurung Resort 2020
Prabal Gurung Resort 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Louis Vuitton Maison Seoul Opening

Louis Vuitton Maison Seoul Opening

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex's Flirtation With Colour Continues For The One Young World Summit & Round Table Discussion

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex’s Flirtation With Colour Continues For The One Young World Summit & Round Table Discussion

16 Responses to Prabal Gurung’s 10 Year Anniversary And First Book Launch Party

1. Guest November 2, 2019 at 12:49 pm #

This was such a well dressed event. Love them all! Laverne, Adria, Olivia, wow love.

2. Guest November 1, 2019 at 10:05 am #

I think I’m going to end up buying one of his cutout dresses. It’s such a nice signature and so nicely balanced by flutter sleeves.

3. Guest October 31, 2019 at 7:15 pm #

Tommy Dorfman- that pink caftan is hideous on and off the runway but somehow it looks like a factory version on? He doesn’t look happy at all to be wearing it either.
    Laverne Cox for the win.

4. Los_NGLS October 31, 2019 at 6:48 pm #

Actually I will forever stan and support Laverne’s stanning and red carpet tributing of Beyonce looks. I’m very excited to see septuagenarian Laverne doing septuagenarian Beyonce. 🙂

This dress is beautiful on her, and this too is Beyonce tribute hair, and I love it… LMAO

5. Sharon M October 31, 2019 at 11:20 am #

Don’t love Tommy in that pink caftan. And I hate Jaime’s earrings…over the top, not in a good way. Joan and Laverne are my favorites.

6. Catarina_M October 31, 2019 at 9:34 am #

Laverne, minus those hideous shoes, is my favourite.

7. Guest October 31, 2019 at 7:46 am #

Olivia Munn looks just lovely

8. Guest October 31, 2019 at 7:09 am #

I love Adria in the suit, such a better outing of the suit than when Diane wore it. The pants don’t pool and the styling is far superior. BDOTW nominee worthy. I feel old Diane Kruger would have styled the suit this way too.

9. Guest October 31, 2019 at 7:04 am #

I would have loved Tommy’s dress on someone else. Maybe it’s the sombre expression or how his shoulders changed the round, pouf-y shape, but the dress lost all its charm.

10. Guest October 31, 2019 at 6:09 am #

Even when I’m not into the shoes she picked I love Laverne here, specially the hair.

11. Vizual Ninja October 31, 2019 at 3:18 am #

Joan and Adria only for me.

12. JasLinds October 31, 2019 at 2:01 am #

Laverne – one of her best looks.
    Tommy – always tries just a bit too hard and I don’t think manages to pull off the looks. There’s something very forced about his looks in comparison to say Ezra Miller.
    Olivia – meh and I think the skirt is a little short.
    Joan and Adria definitely the best and not overdoing it.
    Jamie – overdoing it. I tend to find her looks over-styled.

• Guest October 31, 2019 at 4:28 am #

What you said except I only like Joan here.

• Guest October 31, 2019 at 11:41 am #

Totally agree except for Joan.. I feel the look is extremely dated..especially the pants and shoe combo, beauty wise she’s stunning as always..

13. Phee phee October 31, 2019 at 1:28 am #

I prefer Joans laid back style the best here. She looks wonderfully comfy and modern.
    Tommys outfit is NOT for him. I don’t like any of it. Maybe Tilda could pull it off but thats about it.
    I wish Jaimie had worn those earrings with a simple LBD.

• Phee phee October 31, 2019 at 1:36 am #

Zoe Saldana looks just hot and amazing in that Prabal debut!!
      I miss seeing all those old looks. Must go back in time and search all the old looks.