Menu

14.01.19

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Sentaler & Babaton by Artizia – Birkenhead Visit

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Sentaler & Babaton by Artizia - Birkenhead Visit

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry wowed the crowds today (January 14) as they appeared on their first royal visit of the year in Birkenhead, England.

As you know, there were only so many navy and black dresses I could take from the Duchess before major fatigue kicked in, so I was bouncing off the walls when I saw Meghan step out in a Sentaler red coat and Babaton by Artizia purple dress.

Ask, Believe, Receive. It feels like the look many of us have been praying for.

To be honest, this look isn’t just about the colour (well, 90% of it is), it’s also about the styling.

The red Stuart Weitzman ‘Leigh’ pumps were the perfect touch, but I also love the cognac-hued Gabriela Hearst ‘Nina’ bag.

There is such a thing as too matchy matchy, and I feel like a red or purple bag may have been overkill – especially if it was red. So I’ll take the neutral in this setting.

I wondered if Meghan was inspired by Princess Diana’s Catherine Walker look worn in Hong Kong back in 1989?

Embed from Getty Images

Credit: Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Penelope Cruz In Galvan London - Forque Awards 2019

Penelope Cruz In Galvan London – Forque Awards 2019

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Saoirse Ronan In Christian Dior Haute Couture - 'Mary Queen Of Scots' Edinburgh Premiere

Saoirse Ronan In Christian Dior Haute Couture – ‘Mary Queen Of Scots’ Edinburgh Premiere

31 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Sentaler & Babaton by Artizia – Birkenhead Visit

1. kane January 20, 2019 at 10:24 pm #

Not my favourite of hers, but million times better than beige with beige and beige and some more beige (especially because we’ve had exactly the same dress/coat combo in said beige!)

2. Amy January 16, 2019 at 1:05 pm #

She looks great. And the fact that the colors were related to the charity/institution is very thoughtful.

3. SilentVisitor January 15, 2019 at 8:58 pm #

This is a great look! I am not sure about the color of the bag but that’s minor

I think the colors of the outfit are related to red hat

4. justme January 15, 2019 at 6:11 pm #

She was inspired by the colors of one of the charities they were visiting, not Diana. I’m personally very, very glad that Meghan doesn’t do that.

I love the look. I would raid her coat collection if given the chance.

The neutral argument makes sense but I’m still on the fence with the bag color.

5. AnnaP January 15, 2019 at 12:08 pm #

The colours were to reflect one of the projects they visited: Tomorrow’s Women Wirral, whose logo is in the colours red and purple. Her jewellery is ethical too – the earrings are by Pippa Small who help artisans in Afghanistan, the ring is by a company that donates 10% to help women in sex slavery and the bracelet is by an up and coming British designer Sophie McKay whose brand ethos is sustainability (all gleaned from one of the Meghan blogs).

Not only does the Duchess of Sussex look fabulous, she puts so much thought into every item she wears. She is just amazing.

• Lee Ann January 15, 2019 at 5:35 pm #

That is so great that you know and share this .

• CreoleLady January 15, 2019 at 10:24 pm #

+1!

6. TeaAtTwo January 15, 2019 at 9:41 am #

If I’m dreaming then I don’t want to wake up. It looks quite tailored and no creases and of course, colours.

• Catherine Kallon January 15, 2019 at 10:13 am #

“If I’m dreaming then I don’t want to wake up” – I feel the same way.

7. Cris January 15, 2019 at 8:00 am #

This is her first look I have nothing to complain about.
    Hopefully 2019 will bring more colour into her wardrobe.

• Catherine Kallon January 15, 2019 at 10:14 am #

Same. Fingers crossed she stays on this path. Nothing wrong with black or navy, but I just hope she mixes things up

8. olga January 15, 2019 at 7:56 am #

I don’t like this color coordination nor the style of the coat, which just looks messy to me (as does her hair).
    I do like this shade of red on her and the shoes are very pretty.

9. Luisa January 15, 2019 at 7:07 am #

love the bag, but doesn’t fit there for me. otherwise, yes, finally something which is not a snooze!

10. Jas January 15, 2019 at 4:39 am #

Love this look! She look so good in colour! Perfectly styled. I can’t with the constant belly clutching though.

• Malvern January 15, 2019 at 12:00 pm #

+ 1

Everyone in the world knows she’s pregnant. Why does she need to touch her tummy every second? Drives me batty

• Ames January 15, 2019 at 12:55 pm #

Cause she wants to? Is there nothing we won’t criticize? If women want to touch their stomachs while there’s a person growing in side them I don’t understand why anyone cares let alone why it would bother you. When will stop trying to tell women how they need to act?

• Vizual Ninja January 15, 2019 at 3:22 pm #

+1 There will always be something to criticize about this woman, unfortunately.

• SilentVisitor January 15, 2019 at 8:57 pm #

You are unfortunately right; I do recall someone getting offended by Beyonce and her twins like that. I just don’t understand how someone else pregnancy can bother another human being so much…..

Meghan is the new Amal Clooney; I remember asking why people seem to always have negative things to say about her; from the response I got, I understood a lot.

Human psychology is fascinating….

• The original AB January 15, 2019 at 6:25 pm #

+2 For the pregnant women I have known touching their bump was a protective/comforting thing. I’m sure it’s the same thing for Meghan.

I am genuinely surprised that some people find it offensive.

11. brat January 15, 2019 at 2:39 am #

And Catherine I disagree, 98% of this look is the color. The red coat and shoe combo is everything. Had they been another neutral I wouldn’t have looked at it twice.

• Catherine Kallon January 15, 2019 at 10:15 am #

Haaa… ok..you’re right

• brat January 15, 2019 at 4:33 pm #

: *

12. Nadine January 15, 2019 at 2:15 am #

Love this color combo, she looks great.

13. JHH January 15, 2019 at 2:08 am #

This is one of her best looks because she looks great in color. I think I am the only person in the world who does not love this bag style but I do agree completely that the neutral color of the bag is perfect with the outfit. I need that coat in my life.

14. CreoleLady January 15, 2019 at 1:25 am #

Love the colors, coat and dress and lip, although I can’t help but think of the Red Hat society, lol.

15. Chris January 14, 2019 at 11:57 pm #

I honestly don’t care for royals and their style, but this is nice. Love the colors and the bag.

16. MissCoco January 14, 2019 at 11:47 pm #

I’m being to obsessive over the coat or indeed it have purple threads in the bottom of the sleeves? I love it

• MissCoco January 15, 2019 at 12:47 am #

Being *too obsessive
      Bottom of the sleeves = cuffs
      Sorry but english is not my first language 🙃

17. Lashae January 14, 2019 at 11:29 pm #

Not a fan of the red and purple together but since we don’t see her in many colors outside of navy and black well for me I’m glad she has on bright colors and that I love the coat and shoes combination.

18. Vizual Ninja January 14, 2019 at 11:26 pm #

One of her best looks overall, love the colour combination and the coat is fabulous.

19. brat January 14, 2019 at 11:06 pm #

I love the fire-engine red coat and perfectly coordinated pumps. I also love that purse.

The Queen has also worn the red-purple combo before, not too long ago.