Menu

September 17, 2019

2019 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

2019 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Here is a roundup from the 2019 Creative Arts Emmy Awards, which was also attended by Nicole Scherzinger,  Natasha Lyonne and Olivia Munn on the Sunday (September 15) in Los Angeles, California.

Kim Kardashian: I was pleasantly surprised by this outing.  Not only was this velvet gown quite stylish, it also didn’t veer into attention-seeking territory.

Sydney Sweeney: Delicately adorned with floral appliqués, this chiffon Marchesa gown embodies fairy-tale romance. I love how the tulle base tempers the extravagance and adds an ethereal lightness.  This was also one of my favourites from this event.

Lisa Kudrow:  I do love this suit for Lisa, but I wish the tailoring had been  bit sharper. or that she hadn’t buttoned the blazer.

Angela Bassett:  The ‘Black Panther’ actress’ style is always larger than life, and that was fully represented in this black and gold geometric print sequined gown from Ingie Paris’ Resort 2020 collection.  The black Casadei platforms did feel a tad heavy for this look, but the Emm Kuo clutch was the perfect addition to this look.

Laverne Cox:  The actress needs no excuse to present a big gown, as we know very well. On this occasion she donned a Zac Posen gown that showcased the designers signature precision for sculptural tailoring which didn’t overwhelm Laverne at all.  Her Yvan Tufenkijan necklace was very pretty, along with her Annabel Chan ring, and Harry Kotlar earrings.

Maya Rudolph:  This dress needs zero introduction.  I know you are sick of seeing The Vampire’s Wife, but you can’t deny how gorgeous this bronzed piece looks on Maya.

Maude Apatow: Rodarte’s presence on the red carpet continues to grow.  Appearances used to be few and far between (mostly on Kirsten Dunst predominantly), but this red carpet saw its second Fall 2019 outing via Maude.   The beaded black and yellow floral body is really pretty, but the look springs into life with the organza ruffles.

Rachel Bloom:  Wow.  That was my instant reaction to Rachel in this Christian Siriano red gown.  Christian is one of the most underrated designers.  I love how his gowns celebrates the female form.  And this is a glowing indictment. Mémoire jewelry completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Lily Aldridge Shines Bright At The Bvlgari Serpenti Seduttori Launch Event

Lily Aldridge Shines Bright At The Bvlgari Serpenti Seduttori Launch Event

Lily James' LBD For The Bvlgari Serpenti Seduttori Launch Event

Lily James’ LBD For The Bvlgari Serpenti Seduttori Launch Event

21 Responses to 2019 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

1. Guest September 20, 2019 at 12:09 pm #

I believe Kim’s Dress is from Versace

2. Guest September 19, 2019 at 1:16 pm #

Mostly good looks!
    Kim looks really classy btw!

Laverne is my pick of the bunch, she’s rocking it

3. MissCoco September 19, 2019 at 10:28 am #

Surprisingly I’m loving Maude’s dress, the ruffles cascade add an intriguing factor. Also the red Siriano. Nice dressed event, after all.

4. Paola102 September 18, 2019 at 4:20 pm #

Kim gets an A for best improved.
    Sydney’s dress is gorgeous but maybe on someone a tad older.
    Angela’s shoes are too heavy. delicate sandals would have worked better.
    Laverne’s dress is gorgeous, but her hair….not so much.
    Rachel’s look is really good. As FC says, if I would want to nitpick, the dress needs to be half an inch shorter.

5. Sharon M September 18, 2019 at 11:04 am #

I love Angela, but this dress is terrible. Maya looks great in a gown I don’t love (so tired of this and Batsheva dresses). Maude looks lovely and Laverne beautiful as always.

6. Jess Mara September 18, 2019 at 6:52 am #

Never seen Kim this lovely! Shes covered head to toe without being full on sex and instead comes off looking so chic and sexy that I’d almost vote for her for BDOTW.
    I love that people are wearing Marchesa again and love Sydney’s dress but I dont get the young styling.
    Lisa’s would be so much better if the fit was a little more precise.
    As for the Vampires Wife dress – even the stunning bronze colour isnt enough to stop me screaming ENOUGH! Dont want to see another one of those dresses on the red carpet.
    But at the end my winner is Rachel. She looks divine and that dress is showing off her womanly figure wonderfully

7. Guest September 17, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

Laverne, Maude and Rachel are my favourites.

8. Guest September 17, 2019 at 7:09 pm #

So surprising to see A Kardashian do demure. Rachel has on the best outfit here though I would hike the neckline a tad.

9. Guest September 17, 2019 at 5:49 pm #

Kim K

10. Phee phee September 17, 2019 at 5:41 pm #

Kim! She looks stunning. Her look is flawless and I love it h2t. Wow, if she did class every time, I might actually love her presence.
    Sydneys look is a great neck down. Its a gorgeous dress. But it looks grown up as opposed to her hair and makeup which look juvenile. it definitely deserved better styling.
    Lavernes dress is beautiful but feels like the wrong event entirely, and possibly the wrong person too.

11. alvarospain September 17, 2019 at 3:11 pm #

Laverne Cox is my favourite here.

12. Guest September 17, 2019 at 2:37 pm #

Kim, Sydney, Maude, and Rachel look great. The rest are meh. Truly, if I never see another Vampire’s Wife dress again, it will be great.

13. Guest September 17, 2019 at 2:32 pm #

I know the dress is so overdone, but I think this is easily at the top of my list for Maya, brown is very difficult to pull off and it is tailored very well to her body.

14. Noor September 17, 2019 at 2:27 pm #

Kim, Sydney, Maude & Rachel.

I’m surprised to see Kim out of her signature revealing style. But she’s beautiful here. I wish to see her more like this.

Everyone else is just ok. I wanna love Sydney’s Marchesa gown. I feel lack of lining when I see her red undergarments. She is the prettiest of all anyway…

15. Guest September 17, 2019 at 1:05 pm #

My favorite is Angela, she looks fresh and hype as always. Maya styling is a 10, the dress is by far dated to death and the fitting looks horrendous. I’m sorry for Maya 🙁

16. Guest September 17, 2019 at 12:16 pm #

That Kim is completely covered up almost leaves me without words. She should dress like this forever. Ugh to that fug Vampires Wife dress. Love the two Siriano gowns and the Marchesa is lovely. Glad to see women wearing Marchesa again.

• Guest September 24, 2019 at 8:41 pm #

no one should be wearing marchesa, shes still married to wienstein so those profits are going to him.

17. Guest September 17, 2019 at 12:13 pm #

I appreciate Kim’s change of pace, the gown looks a bit like a fancy bathrobe though. Rachel’s dress is beautiful, I love how it hugs her figure.

18. Guest September 17, 2019 at 11:56 am #

I don’t like Marchesa, but Sydney looks beautiful. Definitely one of the best of the event.
    Laverne looks good as well. And I kinda like Maude Apatow in that Rodarte.

19. Guest September 17, 2019 at 11:13 am #

Kim and Sydney look beautiful. They picked wonderful gowns that suite their vibes quite well. I think Angela’s shoes really let this otherwise beautiful look down. Maya is perfection here, too, actually. She does in fact look like a vampire’s wife. It’s fantastic.

20. Guest September 17, 2019 at 11:02 am #

Maya Rudolph wore almost the same dress as Carice van Houten (not pictured above). But I have to say that I saw some insta stories of Carice’s dress and it looks very pretty, floaty and sparkly.