Menu

September 8, 2019

Harper’s BAZAAR Celebrates ‘ICONS By Carine Roitfeld’

Harper's BAZAAR Celebrates 'ICONS By Carine Roitfeld'

There were a LOT of celebrities who attended the Harper’s Bazaar ICONS on Friday (September 6) in New York during Fashion Week, here are 30 of the looks for you to ponder over.

Zendaya Coleman:  Following on from her Tommy Hilfiger suit from last week (which many thought was ruined by the baker boy hat) the actress opted for a marbled suit from Berluti.   This look felt so cool and modern thanks to the tonal shirt and tie with Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle Plato’ pumps. No colour pop needed with that auburn hair.  If you’re having a case of deja vu, that’s because Michael B. Jordan wore this same suit to the 2019 Vanity Fair Party.

Lily Collins:  If this Georges Hobeika was in a rich emerald or violet, I would’ve been on board.   As always the makeup is very vibrant, which complemented the colourful jeweled detailing.  Jimmy Choo ‘Pattie’ platforms completed her look.

Vanessa Hudgens:  This Ralph & Russo Fall 2019 Couture white illusion tulle mini dress fully embellished with crystal Swarovski discs, xilions and silver lined beads in a geometric design is exceptional.  But I know the first thing you will point out is the underwear.  If only they had been closer to her skin-tone.  Jimmy Choo ‘Shiloh’ sandals added a touch more sparkle.

Sara Sampaio:  Looking as flawless as ever, the model, who is fresh from Venice Film Festival, continued her suiting run wearing a Versace Spring 2020 menswear suit, which stood out due to the colourful Swarovski crystals.

Halima Aden: Often referred to at the “Hijab-wearing model”, Halima has been redefining traditional standards of beauty, diversifying the modelling industry and improving visibility for quite some time now. She continued to showcase her unique style in this satin Phuong My hooded coat which is giving me super chic Little Red Riding Hood vibes.

Doutzen Kroes: I love a look that feels like it was just thrown together, and reaches a high level of perfection without much effort.  That’s what I was getting from Doutzen’s Versace Fall 2019 look, which was embroidered with lace and Swarovski crystals.

Kehlani:  I don’t know about you, but I feel like Kehlani in this Michael Cinco red ball gown with delicate Swarovski embellishments and feathered tiers, is very similar to Cardi B in Dolce & Gabbana look from last year.

Alessandra Ambrosio: This Julien Macdonald Spring 2019 dress is bad.  I’m usually one of the few who actually loves his designs, but this looks so poorly made, and ill-fitting on Alessandra, of all people.

Cindy Bruna: Only a model can get away with wearing a dress like this Farhad Re Fall 2019 piece, which looks like it should’ve been a blazer.

Adriana Lima: I love the degrade effect of this David Koma embellished gown.  Adriana never disappoints.

Janelle Monáe:  The actress was on board to bring something a little quirky to the table in this Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2019 feathered piece accented with a bow.  Did Janelle do a Janelle by going overboard with the accessories?

Tiffany Haddish:  My immediate reaction to Tiffany in this bridal-style Karen Sabag dress was, “all wrong.”

Coco Rocha:  Aside from the colour, I was surprised to not be more excited by Coco in this Christian Siriano Pre-Fall 2019 dress.  The shoes are very baffling to say the least.

Normani Kordei:  While I do stan Normani, I feel like I would’ve loved this Rami Kadi Fall 2019 Couture look more had the look been all the same colour. In this case, probably all yellow.

Shailene Woodley:  Some may say the hat takes this Balmain Resort 2020 look into costumey  territory, but I love theatrics of it all.  She’s surprisingly selling this look to me.

Emily Ratajkowski:  We very used to seeing the model wearing high-end pieces, but this asymmetric dress hails from Zara.

Karolina Kurkova:  The model never disappoints.  She stood strong in this Etro Fall 2019 tailored look.

Ashley Graham:  It appears that pending motherhood has given Ashley’s red carpet style new lease of life, as she loves to highlight her burgeoning bump. This time wearing a custom 16Arlington lace dress.

Elsa Hosk: The model kept things simple in white Gucci.

Bebe Rexha:  I didn’t understand the concept of this Azeeza dress.

Alek Wek: This is such an dynamic jumpsuit.  I adore both the fabric and silhouette.

Lais Ribeiro: The newly engaged model wore a Gasanova polka dot skirt suit, styled with Jack Vartanian and Gianvito Rossi sandals.

Romee Strijd: The model was striking a pose in gold custom Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini gown, styled with Giuseppe Zanotti sandals and jewels from Le Vian and  L’Dezen by Payal Shah.

Slick Woods: The model took over the red carpet with her green Rami Kadi gown.

Stella Maxwell: You can’t go wrong with sleek black Versace gown.

Heidi Klum:  The only thing missing from this Stephane Rolland Fall 2019 Couture gown and Tyler Ellis combo, was a slick back hairdo.

Alicia Keys: Opting for a simple back Mugler dress, the singer gave the look a touch of flare with pink sandals.

Joan Smalls:  I found the hair style was too pageanty for this sleek Tom Ford Spring 2013 gown.

Devon Windsor:  Yes, I love this Raisa & Vanessa dress for both the colour and sequins.

Hannah Bronfman: You should recognise this Jacquemus Spring 2020 gown, as Margot Robbie wore the green version in Berlin recently.  Hannah opted to wear the pink dress with the same orange trousers this look was presented with on the runway.

Credit: Getty

Kristen Stewart In Chanel Haute Couture - 'Seberg' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Kristen Stewart In Chanel Haute Couture – ‘Seberg’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Scarlett Johansson In Oscar de la Renta & Rodarte - 'Marriage Story' & 'Jojo Rabbit' Toronto Film Festival Premieres

Scarlett Johansson In Oscar de la Renta & Rodarte – ‘Marriage Story’ & ‘Jojo Rabbit’ Toronto Film Festival Premieres

16 Responses to Harper’s BAZAAR Celebrates ‘ICONS By Carine Roitfeld’

1. Guest September 13, 2019 at 7:58 am #

Lily Collins and Doutzen Kroes are my favorite ones. Not impressed by the others.

2. Guest September 10, 2019 at 2:07 pm #

This really is a mixed bag. Doutzen, Vanessa, Janelle, and Karolina are the standouts for me.

3. MissCoco September 10, 2019 at 10:24 am #

Zendaya…. why a tie? Too severe, otherwise, the BD at this event, with Devon, Romee, Doutzen, Stella, Alek. The rest, not so good. Alessandra, WD. The dress is a punch in my belly, so bad!!! Sad really, this women have access to top designers!

4. ? September 9, 2019 at 10:34 pm #

I love Zendaya’s look, although a part of me wished the suit was in dark blue or red instead of black. Still a very cool look.

Actually, I guess I am the only one, but I quite like Kehlani’s look too. I like the contrast between the femininity of the dress and her tattoos.

I love the makeup, earrings and that colour on Coco’s dress (it suits her perfectly) but I am not a fan of the overall look. I mean the dress doesn’t make much sense and the shoes make even less ?

anonymous as always

5. Guest September 9, 2019 at 7:32 pm #
    • I really like Lily Collins’s dress, though I think a more dramatic hairstyle or vampy makeup would’ve enhanced the overall look.
    • Doutzen Kroes is a clear winner with her effortless look though I would’ve said Heidi Klum if not for the hair (agree- should be slicked back).
    • Zendaya is usually well dressed and this is par for the course here.
  6. Phee phee September 9, 2019 at 5:08 pm #

Wow. ok.
    Zendaya looks sharp and probably my fave. Surprisingly, cause the mismatch blacks usually piss me off. Perhaps other pics woulda turned me off. but as is, its good.
    other good ones:
    Emily Rata looks simple and elegant. no thirsty going on.
    Elsa also kept it nice and simple.
    Karolina looks well put together.
    Devons dress is gorgeous. Although the hair should of been back.

some bad ones:
    Heidis muumuu made me laugh. It looks like it got caught in her undies. her hair is all wrong.
    Vanessas had potential, if lined. the problem with undies showing is it takes focus away from the dress. The beautiful embellishment of this dress should of been the focus.
    Same with Lily.
    Doutzen looks tired dated n dull. same as Romee
    Slick heck no.
    Aleks jumpsuit is terrible. I hate the pattern and the poofs.
    Janelle overboard of course.
    Tiffany and Coco look awful in their sugary dresses.

boy. theirs some bad ones in here.
    Lol, the rest are also bad to meh.

7. Paola102 September 9, 2019 at 4:00 pm #

Zendaya kills it.
    Doutzen is so vavavoom!
    Adriana and Alek look nice.
    Heidi is covered for a change. Love the colour.
    Lily, Alessandra, Tiffany, Coco…Why??? like what were you thinking??

8. Guest September 9, 2019 at 10:23 am #

Zendaya rules – endlessly chic

9. Guest September 9, 2019 at 9:17 am #

Besides Zendaya and Shailene …everyone else was poorly dressed.

10. Guest September 9, 2019 at 9:04 am #

I really like Zendaya, Sara and Shailene out of these (and am also a bit surprised by the latter one managing to sell that Balmain outfit).

11. Guest September 9, 2019 at 8:55 am #

Wow, so many awful and boring outfits. Zendaya, Sara, Doutzen, Halima and Stella only ones that escape both labels even if two of them are just long black dresses.

12. Noor September 9, 2019 at 6:38 am #

Wish if I was there in person to see this mess in real. Not a fan of either of them. Anyhow I don’t hate Zendaya, Sara, Doutzen, Adriana, Elsa, and Stella.

13. Guest September 9, 2019 at 6:32 am #

I only like Zendaya and Emily Ratajkowski here.

Doutzen and Stella Maxwell in Versace are passable.

Evertyhing else is bad. Very bad.

14. Guest September 9, 2019 at 2:11 am #

This was not a… well-dressed event. 90% are terrible/forgettable.

• sania79 September 9, 2019 at 10:55 am #

Now from this method you will know how to make every month extra $21,862 or more easily just by doing work in spare time.
      Details on this website…………..easyjob50.com

15. JasLinds September 9, 2019 at 2:01 am #

Zendaya FTW! When you wear menswear better than the men haha

Followed by Sara Sampaio and Alek Wek.

Everyone elses looks either boring or awful.