Menu

September 9, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Scarlett Johansson In Oscar de la Renta & Rodarte - 'Marriage Story' & 'Jojo Rabbit' Toronto Film Festival Premieres

Scarlett Johansson dominated the Toronto Film Festival red carpet on Sunday (September 8), with the debuts of two new films including the world premiere of satirical Nazi comedy ‘Jojo Rabbit.’

The two looks couldn’t have been more different.

‘Marriage Story’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere: Following on from Venice Film Festival,  Scarlett rocked an Oscar de la Renta Resort 2020 strapless mini dress with a painterly floral print with draped front panel.

Scarlett is known for her uber sexy style, but on this occasion she presented a very playful look that felt relaxed and easy.

Andrea Wazen Dassy heels and Irene Neuwirth One of a Kind earrings with carved lapis flowers and fire opal completed her look.

Oscar de la Renta Resort 2020

‘ Jojo Rabbit’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere:  The mood became more sensual for second premiere, where she wore a Rodarte Fall 2019 dress.

My first thought when I saw this silver pleated dress with ruching details, was that I wished it had been a bit shorter, but I get that she wanted to present a totally different look to distinguish the two films.

Fred Leighton jewels including an antique diamond heart pendant and gold heart motif chain necklace, and dazzling sandals completed this look.

Had this been shorter in length and if she had had a different hairstyle, this may have been my favourite of the two.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Harper's BAZAAR Celebrates 'ICONS By Carine Roitfeld'

Harper’s BAZAAR Celebrates ‘ICONS By Carine Roitfeld’

Sophie Turner In Louis Vuitton - 'Heavy' Deauville Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Sophie Turner In Louis Vuitton – ‘Heavy’ Deauville Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

13 Responses to Scarlett Johansson In Oscar de la Renta & Rodarte – ‘Marriage Story’ & ‘Jojo Rabbit’ Toronto Film Festival Premieres

1. Guest September 10, 2019 at 4:19 pm #

the first look is really impeccably styled, beautiful and interesting. Something about the second look is bothering me — i think the style of the skirt + the fabric is giving me big 80’s prom energy

2. Guest September 10, 2019 at 2:03 pm #

She looks super fresh in both. I enjoy the playful yet understated in the first one. And I actually do appreciate this sexy, boho vibe she went for in the second.

3. Guest September 9, 2019 at 9:42 pm #

Even though it’s tied up, I’m so happy her hair is back to longer. I could never deal with the shorter

4. Guest September 9, 2019 at 6:47 pm #

I like both, actually, but agree the first one is better.

5. Phee phee September 9, 2019 at 5:13 pm #

Her first look is wonderful. It feels well put together, simple and clean.
    I love the styling, the color of the sandals. (although I hate pointed soles).
    The second is not bad. the styling does let it down a bit. but it catches my eye overall. I dont mind the length at all. It just needed simpler accessories perhaps.

6. Paola102 September 9, 2019 at 3:49 pm #

I love the first dress…Floral print done right.

7. Guest September 9, 2019 at 3:16 pm #

The first look is my favorite look from Scarlett in years.

8. Guest September 9, 2019 at 1:22 pm #

I agree with both outfit’s assessments, the first is cute. The second is let down by styling and that this dress in this length would work better on someone taller, I’m picturing Gabrielle Union or Nicole Kidman killing it in this version.

9. Guest September 9, 2019 at 1:15 pm #

Oscar de la Renta dress=GOOD

rodarte dress= BAD

She does nothing for me fashion wise. How many years has she been in this business and I cant recall one stand out fashion moment from her.

• Guest September 9, 2019 at 3:31 pm #

I agree about her style, meh tbh. But I think I do remember a fashion moment from her, I believe it was the Golden Globes in 2006 where she wore a Valentino red dress. Probably the best I’ve seen from her.

• Guest September 9, 2019 at 4:51 pm #

Don’t you mean the red Calvin Klein?

• Guest September 9, 2019 at 6:46 pm #

It wasn’t by Calvin Klein. A couple years later, Jennifer Lawrence wore a similar dress to the Oscars; that was by Calvin Klein, Scarlett’s gown wasn’t.

10. Guest September 9, 2019 at 1:00 pm #

I love the first look!
    As for the second, what Catherine said!