Menu

Amber Heard In Elie Saab - 'Pain And Glory (Dolor Y Gloria/ Douleur Et Glorie)' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Amber Heard was back on the red carpet for the premiere of ‘Pain And Glory (Dolor Y Gloria/ Douleur Et Glorie)’ during the 2019 Cannes Film Festival on Friday (May 17) in France.

The actress was serving up her usual brand of sex appeal, but my reaction was… “nearly.”

You see, this Elie Saab Fall 2019 dress is sexy mostly because the ravishing deep red hue, but all the fuss around the middle is throwing me off.

Why so much fabric? It’s competing with the main attraction: the ruffles.

It feels a little cluttered, but I understand why Amber choose this, and why she kept the boots.

The boots are actually my favourite part of this look.

Unfortunately this just didn’t land the way it should have, but I have to say I don’t hate it.

Chopard jewels with ruby stones perfectly complemented the look.

Elie Saab Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

Gayle Rankin In Delpozo - 'The Climb' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Gayle Rankin In Delpozo – ‘The Climb’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Deepika Padukone In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture - ‘Pain And Glory (Dolor Y Gloria/ Douleur Et Glorie)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Deepika Padukone In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture – ‘Pain And Glory (Dolor Y Gloria/ Douleur Et Glorie)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

17 Responses to Amber Heard In Elie Saab – ‘Pain And Glory (Dolor Y Gloria/ Douleur Et Glorie)’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest July 8, 2019 at 4:41 pm #

Love the boots and the belt but I am not crazy about the exaggerated ruffle. The dress would have been much more pretty with a more simple ruched asymmetrical top. And the hair reads as greasy, her hair stylist should take tips from Kim K as to how to make slicked back/wet look hair look high fashion.

2. Sharon M May 18, 2019 at 1:28 pm #

I hate the boots.

3. Guest May 18, 2019 at 12:24 pm #

Where is Aishwarya Rai?

i would have liked to see her in something like this. Also pardon me for saying this.. but the ruffles on a slightly broader person might not seem this busy. Ms. Rai where are you? Also given that she has done so many kinds of looks this would have been different.

4. Guest May 18, 2019 at 7:02 am #

The boots are the best part!
    And I never would have guessed it was an Elie Saab dress.

She looks so sultry and sexy, but not tacky (it was a risk with the boots)!

5. Charlotte2019 May 18, 2019 at 3:26 am #

this look is not bad at all,but it won’t stand out on Cannes red carpet either.

she needs to fire her hair stylist right now,they are messing with her

6. Fiona23 May 18, 2019 at 2:25 am #

I think it’s because she is shorter than the model which leaves all the fabric bunched up in the middle. I like the colour but not a fan of the boots at Cannes in May.

7. SarahS95 May 18, 2019 at 12:13 am #

I kind of love this … but also I am very bias whenever it comes to a gown in this burgundy colour. I do agree with FC though that the tie around the waist is just too much fabric

8. Guest May 17, 2019 at 11:25 pm #

This is so sloppy. I like the boots and maybe in the fall this look might work somewhere. It sure does not work in May in Cannes. Amber is starting to appear desperate or as Nat39 said laboured and try hard.

9. Guest May 17, 2019 at 10:41 pm #

She definitely wears it better than the model.l feel she brings more life to it. I actually really love the boots

10. NZ May 17, 2019 at 10:35 pm #

My favorite things about this look are the boots (surprisingly) and the earrings. She needed a different dress, this one is just too busy.

11. Guest May 17, 2019 at 10:01 pm #

Love love love. It’s not something u wear to Cannes and that’s why I love it even more. The colour is so vibrant. She looks like a young pop star.

12. Phee phee May 17, 2019 at 9:01 pm #

This is really messy. Ur right in saying it feels cluttered.
    Im not sure the boots work off the runway. They just look odd here.
    Im also not sure the earrings were right with such a sloppy look. They just add to the clutter.
    The color however, is gorgeous.

13. Guest May 17, 2019 at 8:45 pm #

She’s really selling this look. The boots give the look a new dimension and more attitude and different vibe than with a pair of pumps or sandals.

14. OGCaroline May 17, 2019 at 8:39 pm #

Love it but not a Cannes look.

15. CharlotteLG May 17, 2019 at 8:38 pm #

The color is gorgeous! The boots are a great touch.
    It would have been better without the belt around the waist, but still I like it, 90% because of the color.

16. Guest May 17, 2019 at 8:31 pm #

The dress looks cheap due to the questionable execution of it, love the color on her though. I like the idea of a thigh high boot for the evening, not for this event though and not for this time of the year. She’s been struggling this time around at Cannes, she needs to go back to working with Karla, I don’t like Rob and Mariel’s approach for her.

17. Guest May 17, 2019 at 8:24 pm #

This looks try-hard and laboured. Loving the boots too though, but maybe for some event in fall.