Menu

May 15, 2019 Photocall

‘The Dead Don’t Die’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

'The Dead Don't Die' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

After last night’s glamour of the opening ceremony , the stars of ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ attended the Cannes Film Festival photocall this morning (May 15) in France.

Tilda Swinton: According to your comments and the poll, you guys really didn’t like Tilda’s Haider Ackermann gown.

Looking at the clean lines and sophistication of her second look from the Fall 2019 collection, I’m sure this will be much preferred.

This may have been inspired by masculine tailoring, but I’m feeling deeply feminine spirit which I sense is coming from the unique blazer and its subtle twist.

Selena Gomez: Following two dreary looks I was hoping –  for her sake – that things would improve for this photocall.

I was wrong.

While this Chanel Resort 2019 look seemed perfect for a photocall along the French Riviera, I have to say this towelling suit is a little aging for the young actress

Her Cannes style is doing her no favours at this moment in time.

There are so many fun labels that would’ve served Selena so well.  Jonathan Simkhai, Area, Prabal Gurung, Delpozo and just a few names off the top of my head which would’ve been great for her.

Messika jewellery diamond hoops and Tabitha Simmons shoes completed her look

Chloë Sevigny: We seemed to be split on our feelings towards Chloe’s red carpet look, but I sense the feeling towards this Loewe Fall 2019 will be unanimous.

Formed of three pieces:  An open sleeve coat, oversized pearl-embellished broderie shirt and a skirt, the look feels really busy.

Personally, I feel like she’s just about making it work.  Others wouldn’t be so fortunate. But I have a feeling this view won’t be shared.

Haider Ackermann Fall 2019
Chanel Resort 2019
Loewe Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Selena Gomez' Second Louis Vuitton Look For Cannes Gala Dinner

Selena Gomez’ Second Louis Vuitton Look For Cannes Gala Dinner

Tiepolo Ball Hosted by Dior

Tiepolo Ball Hosted by Dior

22 Responses to ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

1. Guest May 16, 2019 at 12:23 am #

Tilda looks way better here, her the draping in the jacket make this look super feminine. Selena styling has been so severe this festival, her hair in particular makes her eyes look weird. The jacket and pants are nice but with that hair it really ages her up.
    Chloe looks great, it would have look better a little shorter, but great nonetheless.

2. Guest May 15, 2019 at 8:57 pm #

I don’t like anyone here

3. Guest May 15, 2019 at 7:42 pm #

Tilda looks great. Selena looks like a much younger trophy wife who is trying to be taken seriously. I picture her saying to her stylist “I want something matronly and dull that will make people take me seriously.” Well she got half of her wish. Nine times out of ten, Chloe looks silly and overwrought and so this is not surprising.

4. Guest May 15, 2019 at 7:12 pm #

I love the neutral clean lines of Tilda’s look – by far my fave. So gorgeous and definitely something I would wear in a heartbeat. Selena isn’t awful but it definitely is aging and Cloë, well she appears to have mugged a court jester on the way to the photocell.

5. Guest May 15, 2019 at 4:07 pm #

Love Tilda’s outfit, meh to Selena and laughing at Chloë.

6. OGCaroline May 15, 2019 at 3:36 pm #

LOVE Tilda AND Selena.

7. Guest May 15, 2019 at 3:23 pm #

Love Tilda’s Jacket and I’m glad to see her in impeccable tailoring after the gown fiasco.

no to Chloë. Selena’s look is too heavy for may and the riviera.

8. Guest May 15, 2019 at 2:34 pm #

i must say, i really miss Fan Bingbing

9. Guest May 15, 2019 at 2:19 pm #

Selena’s suit looks like a flight attendants suit from the 1970’s and chloe’s
    outfit reminds me of Stevie nicks- I expect her to break into one winged bird song

10. Guest May 15, 2019 at 2:01 pm #

Is it just me or is Chloe’s make-up really really wrong? Either that or she’s tired and going through something bad… I hope it’s just bad makeup.

11. Guest May 15, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

Perhaps LV donated the money that would have been spent on Selena to the Notre Dame fund and left her high and dry instead?

12. Charlotte2019 May 15, 2019 at 1:09 pm #

Tilda’s second look is much improved from last offering. clean and chic is her best friend.
    Selena…at this point I feel really bad for her,this is the first feature film she had been in since adulthood and her Cannes debut,should’ve been a huge monument for her,but totally ruined by terrible wardrobe choices,I blame her stylist whoever that is, Selena is in desperate need of a better one.
    Chloe’s dress looked surprisingly fabulous on the runway but she failed to do it justice

13. HighPriestess May 15, 2019 at 12:54 pm #

Love Tilda’s jacket. Selena’s suit looks great on the runway, but it’s not really working for her. Chloe’s outfit is horrible.

14. Vizual Ninja May 15, 2019 at 12:51 pm #

Tilda is looking sharp as hell, loving everything about her look. For Selena, it’s not the worst of three from her but doesn’t do her justice. That’s one lace frill too many on Chloe, not my taste.

15. Phee phee May 15, 2019 at 12:51 pm #

Yup, Tilda looks better with some structure and shape. the pants are not my fave but Ill take it over last nights robe.

Selena does look better than her last look. But it is a bit ageing and stiff.
    Ill still take it over LV. I agree with the labels you listed, Catherine!

I laughed at Chloes clothes…the cloth over her hands look like lobster claws.
    too busy and ugly.

• Catarina_M May 15, 2019 at 1:17 pm #

+1 on the lobster claws. I was just thinking about what those sleeves remind me of.

• Guest May 15, 2019 at 5:18 pm #

16. Guest May 15, 2019 at 12:39 pm #

Tilda’s is a big improvement and a chic look, that jacket is impeccable. Selena outfit is so staid for her. Catherine, you should be her stylist. Chloe’s Amish cum swashbuckler outfit is a disaster.

• Charlotte2019 May 15, 2019 at 1:12 pm #

JINX! I was just thinking FC would be a great stylist had she been given the resources,with her excellent taste in fashion she might be able to rescue selena from this hell hole.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards May 15, 2019 at 3:28 pm #

It would be dream.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards May 15, 2019 at 3:29 pm #

High praise indeed. I’m flattered.

• Guest May 15, 2019 at 3:37 pm #

Agreed. I also loved when FC had started to post her own outfit of the week, showing what she was wearing. I really loved that.