Menu

May 15, 2019

Selena Gomez’ Second Louis Vuitton Look For Cannes Gala Dinner

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Selena Gomez' Second Louis Vuitton Look For Cannes Gala Dinner

Selena Gomez was the only celebrity to change for the gala dinner that followed the Cannes Film Festival opening ceremony on Tuesday (May 14) in France.

I’m thankful that she changed, but I’m not appreciating the change.

Why?

Because this Louis Vuitton dress is not an improvement on the first look.  Not even close.

Where is the design element?  I’m so confused.

It looks too big.  So much so that it’s hanging on for dear life.

There’s not one flattering ,or endearing quality to this at all.

I think Selena’s team should’ve got to Louis Vuitton with a collection of Alicia Vikander’s red carpet looks and say, “this is what I want.”

Credit: Getty

, , , , , ,

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day One Of Cannes Film Festival?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day One Of Cannes Film Festival?

'The Dead Don't Die' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

‘The Dead Don’t Die’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

23 Responses to Selena Gomez’ Second Louis Vuitton Look For Cannes Gala Dinner

1. Guest May 15, 2019 at 8:58 pm #

Nope

2. Guest May 15, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

This could be a WDOTY for me. Not because the dress is so bad but because we have a lovely young woman, a supposed top stylist, the House of Louis Vuitton and the Cannes Film Festival and this is what they come up with for Selena. I feel like Selena should have refused to wear it.

3. Guest May 15, 2019 at 4:12 pm #

She actually looked in the mirror and said, “yes, this is a good look for me”?

4. Guest May 15, 2019 at 1:33 pm #

Has she broken up with Coach and joined LV? Did I miss something?

5. Phee phee May 15, 2019 at 12:30 pm #

Why does LV have to do this to celebrities? They just ruin all these poor girls’ rc style (Most of the time)… I hate seeing it. I feel bad for her. even she looks uncomfortable.
    gaaaaa, I hate LV

6. Guest May 15, 2019 at 12:28 pm #

Hi, the search box that used to be at the bottom of the page seems to have disappeared. Hope it comes back.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards May 15, 2019 at 12:31 pm #

Hi, the search button is in the top right-hand corner

• Guest May 15, 2019 at 12:36 pm #

Thanks for the reply. The box isn’t appearing on my phone – Samsung

7. HighPriestess May 15, 2019 at 12:15 pm #

I don’t even understand what’s going on there. I refuse to call this thing a “dress”.

8. Charlotte2019 May 15, 2019 at 12:10 pm #

Dear Lord…..LV is such a disaster,look what they did to Selena.
    This is not even a dress,she is like a nurse who wrapped the doctor’s white coat on her and showed up on the red carpet.
    WDOTY Contender

9. Guest May 15, 2019 at 11:48 am #

Did the invite read “BYO napkin”? This is so bad, poor Selena!

10. Guest May 15, 2019 at 11:41 am #

I really like her beauty look here but I wonder why she always ends up with fashion houses that are helmed by great accessory designers (Stuart Vevers for Coach, Nicolas Ghesquière for LV) who know absolutely nothing about red carpet dressing. I mean Nicolas single-handedly, killed all the love I had for Emma Stone’s red-carpet style. I don’t like this either, but it’s still a vast improvement from all the god-awful prairie dresses Stuart had been putting her in, season after season.

11. Guest May 15, 2019 at 11:38 am #

This looks like some castoff Rihanna wore during her ‘uncomfortably curvier’ stage.

12. Guest May 15, 2019 at 11:38 am #

This is is so horrible that it’s laughable tbh, looks cheap and seems that it was made at the last minute.

13. Guest May 15, 2019 at 11:10 am #

Got out of bed, rolled the blanket around her.

• Guest May 15, 2019 at 11:12 am #

Or quickly cut out some holes for her arms on the pillow case.

• Guest May 15, 2019 at 11:13 am #

I was thinking a big a handkerchief but your explanation sounds better

• Guest May 15, 2019 at 11:15 am #

Guess even our digs on this design are way more innovative than the actual design itself

• Guest May 15, 2019 at 11:16 am #

If she wanted to do a “Marilyn Monroe in bed” impression, she succeeded (except the blonde hair)

• Guest May 15, 2019 at 11:20 am #

Thinking of Marilyn Monroe and Louis Vuitton at the same time made me cringe, like shot the nerves in my head. But I guess you’re right lol

14. Guest May 15, 2019 at 11:00 am #

I hope the money LV paid her for all this was worth the embarrassment.

15. OGCaroline May 15, 2019 at 10:59 am #

I really don’t understand why Selena continues working with Kate Young even though she has done her wrong MANY times. I remember her glory days wearing Versace, Armani, Pucci, D&G. I guess it’s ugly LV for her again then.

• HighPriestess May 15, 2019 at 12:21 pm #

Selena, Margot and the atrocious Chanel partnership, Rachel Weisz… I don’t know what’s happening with Kate Young these days. Of all her clients, Dakota is the only one who’s consistently good on the RC.