Menu

Nicholas Hoult Upgrades His Style In Pink For The ‘Tolkien’ LA Screening

Nicholas Hoult In Dior Men 'Tolkien' LA Premiere

Nicholas Hoult attended LA screening of ‘Tolkien’ on Wednesday (May 8) in Westwood, California.

Pink has been a colour that’s criminally underrepresented within menswear, until now.

An enlightened man no longer thinks of pink as something that only comes cut with an A-line hem or a frothy tulle gown.

Thanks to the likes of A$AP Rocky, Chadwick Boseman, Charlie Plummer, A-Rod and Henry Golding, pink is having a moment on the red carpet.

Nicholas joined the chorus wearing a pink cashmere twill Dior Men by Kim Jones Spring 2019 suit with the signature tailleur oblique jacket.

What you might find criminal are those Dior Men by Kim Jones B24 sneakers in light pink.

Yes, complementary in colour, but I would’ve loved something a lot less informal.

Are you having a case of deja vu?

That’s because Noomi Rapace wore the same suit back in February.

Dior Men Spring 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Rebel Wilson's Black Magic For 'The Hustle' LA Premiere

Rebel Wilson’s Black Magic For ‘The Hustle’ LA Premiere

Kerry Washington Embraces Embellishments For The Bronx Children's Gala

Kerry Washington Embraces Embellishments For The Bronx Children’s Gala

15 Responses to Nicholas Hoult Upgrades His Style In Pink For The ‘Tolkien’ LA Screening

1. Guest May 9, 2019 at 11:52 pm #

He looks uncomfortable with his new found style.

2. Guest May 9, 2019 at 11:47 pm #

Maybe if he had worn this like the model — no shirt and no creases, this could have been good. These days, thank goodness, it’s not enough for a man to wear pink for a look to fashion forward.

3. Guest May 9, 2019 at 5:18 pm #

He looks stupid..and he is not selling the look like harry or Timothy would have..this needs attitude and he is lacking it …shame because he is gorgeous.

4. Guest May 9, 2019 at 5:16 pm #

This whole look is giving me David Byrne/Talking Heads vibes

5. Phee phee May 9, 2019 at 4:29 pm #

No to sneakers!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am in love with this light pink color, and he matched Lily so perfectly but he does look sloppy. Looks very last-minute quick change and he forgot to groom and change his shoes.
    shame cause that color is amazing.

6. Guest May 9, 2019 at 4:05 pm #

I could see this on someone like Ashton Sanders or even one of the Stranger Things kids. Not him, though.

7. Guest May 9, 2019 at 1:56 pm #

The suit is nice. I would’ve loved a pair of brown leather shoes instead of the sneakers.

8. Guest May 9, 2019 at 1:38 pm #

The real crime here are those creases. Nicholas tries to sell this fashionista image but so far, I’m not buying it.

9. Guest May 9, 2019 at 1:35 pm #

Taking barnet tips from Robert Pattison I see. If not also suiting ones.

I’m missing the part of his expression that acknowledges ‘yes, I’m wearing my gran’s trainers she got at the beach shop on the bournemouth promenade’. I’ve been patient with this trainer trend but this has PUSHED IT.

10. Vizual Ninja May 9, 2019 at 1:11 pm #

I love the suit and the colour, but this overall looks sloppy to me. It looks like someone threw it on him after a heavy night of drinking, hate the sneakers with it too.

11. Guest May 9, 2019 at 12:48 pm #

He is not selling it. The fit, the grooming…all could’ve been better.

12. Guest May 9, 2019 at 12:39 pm #

I don’t mind the slouchy/too long pants on this occasion, they work with the sneakers and vibe going. Chadwick would be my outright pink favourite if weren’t for those darn black shoes but as it’s between him, Nicolas and Charlie. Still dislike A$AP and ARod’s looks.

13. Guest May 9, 2019 at 12:33 pm #

I applaud the colour and I like it waist up. Waist down – it’s a big no, from me. There is a fit issue with trousers and those shoes… No, no.

• NZ May 9, 2019 at 1:12 pm #

14. Guest May 9, 2019 at 12:24 pm #

Needed more attitude + the trousers could have been slimmer + the shoes are just bad.