Menu

March 11, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Elisabeth Moss In Christian Dior Haute Couture - 'Her Smell' SXSW Premiere & Featured Session with Brandi Carlile

I feel like it’s been a while since I was excited by Elisabeth Moss’ style, so lets delve into her latest three looks from Dior worn during the 2019 SXSW Conference and Festivals this weekend.

2019 SXSW Conference and Festivals ‘Us’ Premiere: Elisabeth does this tulle dress and leather jacket look a lot. I remember the first time it was at Cannes Film Festival, and I didn’t like it. In this setting the Spring 2019 look works better.

2019 SXSW Conference and Festivals ‘Her Smell’ Premiere: SXSW has always felt like a very laidback festival, so I was kinda thrown by this very formal Dior Haute Couture black tuxedo. I love the suit, but I’m not feeling it at this festival. Plus the red lip, pink clutch combo feel a bit random.

Featured Session Brandi Carlile: This was easily my favourite of the three looks. It’s the most natural and co-ordinated well right down to her Dior pumps.

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Yara Shahidi In Marc Jacobs - Barbie's 60th Anniversary & International Women's Day

Yara Shahidi In Marc Jacobs – Barbie’s 60th Anniversary & International Women’s Day

Aja Naomi King In Prabal Gurung - L'Oreal Women Of Worth 2019

Aja Naomi King In Prabal Gurung – L’Oreal Women Of Worth 2019

13 Responses to Elisabeth Moss In Christian Dior Haute Couture & RTW – ‘Us’, ‘Her Smell’ SXSW Premiere & Featured Session with Brandi Carlile

1. Bee March 11, 2019 at 10:27 pm #

awful awful awful hair colour awful too. Perhaps if she stood a bit straighter she could carry more off but standing and dressing sloppy does her no favours.

2. Bee March 11, 2019 at 10:26 pm #

awful awful awful hair colour awful too

3. Fanny March 11, 2019 at 9:55 pm #

The third look is the best one for me, it looks the most relaxed and shows of her gorgeous figure.

4. justme March 11, 2019 at 9:39 pm #

Are her hairstylist and MUA on strike or…?

5. Estranged March 11, 2019 at 5:27 pm #

What’s with the extremely unflattering hair colours lately? Cate, Charlize, Brie and now Elisabeth all need to find new hairstylists who can match the right shade to their complexion.

6. JHH March 11, 2019 at 4:01 pm #

I’ve never seen Elizabeth Moss in any of her movies or TV shows but she must be a d**n good actor who just does not care at all about the red carpet.

7. Cheeky Girl March 11, 2019 at 3:15 pm #

Honestly she looks better on the Handmaid’s Tale which is insane. She needs to tone down the blond hair, get a good haircut and wear some color and clothes that fit her. The suit is beyond fab but it looks messy with the rest of the styling.

8. meme March 11, 2019 at 2:23 pm #

another one whose stylist hates her. the suit is fine. the other two are a mess and she blonde doesn’t suit her at all.

9. phee March 11, 2019 at 1:34 pm #

I love the pink clutch. Thats about all I got to say.

10. Chris March 11, 2019 at 1:32 pm #

Not liking the first look. The one time the ‘leather jacket with dress’ look worked for her was at this event: https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2018/04/20/elisabeth-moss-christian-dior-handmaids-tale-season-2-premiere/ Because it was a casual premiere as well, but also because it wasn’t over a tulle dress and because the dress had a striking color. This nude tulle dress is soo ‘blah’. And the messy hair doesn’t help either.
    The other two looks are working a lot better to me. The third one is easily my favorite as well. That is a much better attempt at a ‘casual’ and effortless looking Dior look at a premiere without looking messy like the first look.

11. TeaAtTwo March 11, 2019 at 1:26 pm #

Someone needs to tell her nude/beige looks aren’t doing her any favours. The suit is out of sync with the event but it’s soo much better than the other two looks.

• NZ March 11, 2019 at 2:18 pm #

12. Caroline March 11, 2019 at 1:23 pm #

I only like the suit. Her style is awful.