Menu

February 27, 2019 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 Oscars?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 Oscars

, ,

2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Menswear Roundup

2019 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Menswear Roundup

Best Dressed Of The Week

Best Dressed Of The Week

41 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2019 Oscars?

1. Dhppy February 28, 2019 at 10:07 pm #

No Charlize? She and Gemma Chan’s were my favorite.

I feel like Versace has done several versions of Kiki Layne’s gown over the years. This time they just added a bow.

2. Bente Keydal February 28, 2019 at 11:24 am #

My favorite was Lady Gaga. That black gown as the backdrop to the amazing Tiffany yellow diamond. Just perfection.

3. Sophie February 28, 2019 at 1:30 am #

Where is Billy Porter?? He absolutely slayed

4. Bee February 27, 2019 at 9:19 pm #

Helen Mirren in Schiaparelli for a few reasons:
    – the vibrant neon pink (juxtaposed with the fabric but somehow managing to not look like she’s just come from 1989)
    – I can’t recall seeing any looks any wear near this on the red carpet recently…. the closest call was MY in Elie Saab but that looked like so many Elie Saab’s … it was the only dress that stood out for originality and character
    – a real wow factor (I even said it aloud when I saw it)

And mostly for completely owning so many women half her age…

5. Real Nat39 February 27, 2019 at 7:44 pm #

Kiki, without a question, practically no competition. Helen and Constance were lovely.

6. Katie February 27, 2019 at 6:45 pm #

Marina is wearing J. Mendel

7. weiss February 27, 2019 at 5:10 pm #

Gemma Chan and even thought there is no men poll, Nicholas Hoult.

8. Caroline February 27, 2019 at 3:52 pm #

Is it me or last year’s and this year’s Oscars were the worst in a long time???

• Chris February 27, 2019 at 7:24 pm #

I have been thinking about this as well… but I thought 2015 was by far the most underwhelming year. At least this year had *some* interesting looks. And maybe I’d rank 2017 as more underwhelming as well. But I generally do feel like none of the recent years were as good as, let’s say, 2013.

• TeaAtTwo February 27, 2019 at 9:03 pm #

I’ve feel the Oscars have been a dull show for most of this decade. Sometimes the party can bring some interest and beauty but now I’m just like ‘I’ll see it when I see it’s rather than eagerly anticipating to see who wore what.

• Beatriz February 28, 2019 at 3:12 pm #

?

9. fromchi-town February 27, 2019 at 3:18 pm #

1. Kiki Layne – This was the only look that “wow-ed” me!
    2. Ashley Graham – she looked fantastic!
    3. Hellen Mirren – bowing to the Queen.

FC – thanks again for the wonderful coverage. Your team and you do a phenomenal job, and I for one love your site and have been a fan since a very long time 🙂

10. Ruth February 27, 2019 at 2:46 pm #

So many people don’t belong on this list namely,
    Yalitz
    Amy Adams
    Helen Miren
    Danai gurira
    Amanda stenberg
    Melissa McCarthy
    Regina king

They were not the best of the night.

11. Susie February 27, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

Dame Helen and Kiki were my favorites.

12. Steph February 27, 2019 at 2:23 pm #

Overall the best oscar fashion in 3 years.

It’s funny quite a solid run but no best dressed BUT I clearly know Emma stone should NOT even be a contender for best dressed.

Unflattering and overpowered by the dress and she’s still in the running?

13. Lena February 27, 2019 at 2:20 pm #

Not including Lady Gaga is a crime! She brought the drama in a settle way! No one would’ve brought that shape she wore to the Oscars! Ughh this is really sadenning how the majority of these readers don’t appreciate that cuz they’re fans of boring predictable fashion, basically rules followers! It’s 2019, maybe it’s time for all of you to remember that Fashion is about breaking rules and embracing the beauty in that! Ashley is wearing the most basic black dress in the most basic shape and you included her and y’all are living for her! Ok! it’s disapointing to see that FC gave these people a voice by not including Gaga! So unfortunate!

• weiss February 27, 2019 at 6:02 pm #

The shape in Gaga’s dress is nice, but the padded hips don’t feel…extraordinary enough for her?Maybe my expectations were too high, but Lady Gaga “the actress” style got more boring as the events went by, particulary by awards season. I think people were expecting more from her.
      She started with a bang with the Valentino she wore in Venice or the Armani veil from the Toronto and now I dont even remember what she wore at the SAGs…

• brat February 27, 2019 at 9:56 pm #

I like fashion that looks good, I’m not here to see something different and something new if it looks bad. You think she looks good and that is your opinion. I thought her McQueen was terrible. Just because she’s making a big statement, doesn’t mean she’s killing it or looking good while doing it. Sometimes she gets it right, sometimes it’s a fail.

14. Caroline February 27, 2019 at 1:28 pm #

Kiki Layne in Versace followed by the dreamy Helen Mirren in Schiaparelli.

15. Malvern February 27, 2019 at 1:24 pm #

1. Kiki

2. Constance
    3. Ashley

16. Eni February 27, 2019 at 1:18 pm #

Ashley Graham ❤️

17. Vizual Ninja February 27, 2019 at 1:14 pm #

Thanks for your impeccable coverage!

I’m definitely going with Kiki as best dressed, with Rachel, Tessa, Constance and Emma for the rest of my top 5.

18. SilentVisitor February 27, 2019 at 12:54 pm #

Easy : Kiki

There are other great looks as well: Amy, Helen, Constance, Michelle and Rachel

19. AndyGER February 27, 2019 at 12:35 pm #

I’m missing Julia Roberts here. She was radiant in her pink Elie Saab this night.

20. Chris February 27, 2019 at 11:47 am #

1. Emma Stone

2. Kiki Layne
    3. Lady Gaga
    4. Rachel Weisz

21. Lil February 27, 2019 at 11:37 am #

For me, best dressed went to Marina de Tavira but I also liked Amy Adams and Helen Mirren.

22. AnnaBanana February 27, 2019 at 11:13 am #

This was such an underwhelming event 🙁 Kiki looked amazing

23. Pinklady February 27, 2019 at 10:50 am #

Will there be a poll for the Vanity Fair Party?? There were so many good looks, too.

• Serena February 27, 2019 at 9:32 pm #

24. dedel February 27, 2019 at 10:33 am #

Kiki LAYNE ! I also really loved Julia ROBERTS

25. Will February 27, 2019 at 10:31 am #

Emma Stone was the best dressed by a long mile. Where were the movie stars btw???

26. Leni February 27, 2019 at 10:27 am #

I am missing Julia Roberts ? I know she didn’t walk the red carpet but she was my best dressed ❤️ She has never looked better. I would love to know your opinion, FC. Thank you ?

27. Kimma February 27, 2019 at 10:16 am #

Thanks for your tireless coverage! You’re amazing.

28. justme February 27, 2019 at 9:43 am #

Kiki gave me chills. Ashley looked superb though.

29. CreoleLady February 27, 2019 at 9:40 am #

Kiki Layne. The pink, the poise, the posture. The epic hauteur in some pics and the glowing smile in others. She’s the one.

Also loved Helen Mirren, Danai Gurira and Amy Adams. Am surprised at how Tessa Thompson’s Chanel has grown on me. But … Kiki Layne, finis.

30. The original AB February 27, 2019 at 9:23 am #

For me it’s a tie between Ashley Graham and Kiki Layne, I think they both rocked their dresses.

Thank you Catherine and your team for your hard work in providing truly stellar coverage. It really has been brilliant.

31. miszzel February 27, 2019 at 8:42 am #

Kiki all the way.

32. Dina February 27, 2019 at 8:40 am #

Kiki is the best
    I love Versace ❤️

33. TeaAtTwo February 27, 2019 at 8:25 am #

Narrowed it down to Rachel (ignoring the headband), Kiki and Gemma. Went with Kiki in the end, seem to be a sucker not bows at the Oscars.

34. Serena February 27, 2019 at 7:28 am #

Gemma Chan all the way. I know people either loved her Valentino or hated it, but I am definitely in the love camp.
    Kiki Layne is my second choice.

35. alvarospain February 27, 2019 at 7:12 am #

Marina de Tavira and Kiki Layne.