Menu

Queen Rania of Jordan In ADEAM – White House Visit

Queen Rania of Jordan brought her elegant style to the White House on Monday (June 25), where she was joined by her husband King Abdullah II in Washington, FC.

She as looking ever so regal in a monochrome blush ensemble that included a billowy long sleeve blouse with matching Adeam wide leg trousers.

My eyes fell immediately to her trousers as the pleats and panels to give it a unique feel to the wide-leg, satin-trimmed design.

A rose-hue mini handbag, and pointed-toe pumps completed her look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Karen Gillan In Alice + Olivia - ‘Ant-Man And The Wasp’ LA Premiere

Karen Gillan In Alice + Olivia – ‘Ant-Man And The Wasp’ LA Premiere

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Prada - Young Leaders Awards Ceremony

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Prada – Young Leaders Awards Ceremony

55 Responses to Queen Rania of Jordan In ADEAM – White House Visit

1. Meme June 27, 2018 at 02:46 #

Please, let this site be about fashion and only fashion. I need a respite from politics.

• brat June 27, 2018 at 03:38 #

Yes you’re right, this is the only place we can escape.

• JHH June 27, 2018 at 05:50 #

I agree. It seems odd to have a piece on Queen Rania and not mention the person sitting right next to her but emotions are running so high with the Trump administration that I don’t see any way to include Melania here. If Catherine included Melania, then every thread with her would become like this one — some fashion comments and a lot of politics making its way into the discussion. I think it would destroy this haven for pleasant fashion discussions.

• Lee Ann June 27, 2018 at 12:45 #

Amen

2. Caitlin June 27, 2018 at 00:12 #

Guys, leave your political opinions at the door please. It’s not like Spain has a cracking humanitarian record either, but Queen Rania’s fashion doesn’t get trashed in the same way as Melania, simply because the (I’m assuming majority Western/American/British) readers of this site are more aware of her husband’s politics than Spain’s.

Brat, I agree, both ladies looked lovely in their matching blush looks.

• Caitlin June 27, 2018 at 00:16 #

*Jordan not Spain, so sorry I’m still half asleep (was up late watching the world cup)

• brat June 27, 2018 at 01:31 #

lol, you confused her for a moment with Queen Letizia of Spain for a minute. The resemblance is uncanny.

• Caitlin June 27, 2018 at 02:13 #

brat omg you’re right! I had no idea at first why I typed Spain because I was hinting at the Middle East in general, but now that you point out the resemblance I do see how my brain got confused haha

Ssh don’t say that too loudly or the Meghan stans will come for you!! ITA though

• brat June 27, 2018 at 01:39 #

Yes, the criticism is solely personal.
      She wore a blush leather dress and she killed it. Period. Blush. leather. *swoons*.
      The BRF could only pray to be as fly. I need more Queen Rania, Queen Letizia and Melania Trump coverage here and less Meghan and Kate. Sorry not sorry.

• Lee ann June 27, 2018 at 12:44 #

Couldn’t agree more ! Melania dresses well and it a shame we can’t discuss her fashion wise on this fashion site .

• Sarah June 27, 2018 at 01:47 #

Jordan has actually a pretty good record on welcoming refugees. Queen Rania received a Humanitarian Award of the Year. You can either ask for “no politics” or come up with some false equivalencies that are supposed to excuse the US administration (“the other guy did worse!! so it doesn’t count”). You can’t do both. The queen looks great. I’m happy the other horrid woman is not featured on this website. History won’t be kind on those who indulged or supported this regime in any way.

To get back to fashion, it’s amazing how Queen Rania manages to make such a subdued colour so regal. I love the clean lines and the overall styling.

• Caitlin June 27, 2018 at 02:09 #

Sarah, if you read my comment you will see that I am not saying “the other guys did it worse”. I’m just saying that the leaders of all countries have some sort of spot on their record in one way or another, but it’s only the most recognisable or topical ones that cop flack for it in non-political forums.

• brat June 27, 2018 at 02:10 #

I would prefer to stick to fashion but I have to comment on this.
        Jordan has a pretty good human right’s record for a MIDDLE EASTERN country, which sets the bar very low.
        You can go to jail for 3 years just for insulting the king. I could go on and on but I won’t. There are no “false equivalencies” here.
        Regime? There are many good examples of authoritarian governments that exist around the world. The United States isn’t one and hyperbole doesn’t make you right.

• Caitlin June 27, 2018 at 02:51 #

You put that PERFECTLY brat. Thank you for a much needed dose of logic.

I too would prefer to stick to fashion, and I wish people would refrain from getting political here. I hear enough about it everywhere else and I come to this site to get a break from it all – I can’t speak for the RC publishers but I feel like they would agree..

• moonbeam June 27, 2018 at 03:43 #

Nobody cares about Melania’s fashion. It doesn’t exist here.

• brat June 27, 2018 at 04:14 #

Lies lol. There’s 3 people on this thread alone and I’ve seen plenty of comments on other threads from other posters questioning why she isn’t included.

• Lee Ann June 27, 2018 at 12:47 #

Moonbeam – thanks but I can speak for myself and I like Melania’s dress sense most of the time and being an adult can keep my comments focused on that and not politics

• meme June 27, 2018 at 12:53 #

I love Melania’s style. She’s very elegant.

• moonbeam June 27, 2018 at 22:53 #

3 people equals virtually nobody, so I like I said NOBODY cares about Melania’s style here. If you want to see her clothes, go elsewhere.

• Caitlin June 28, 2018 at 00:31 #

moonbeam I tried hard to ignore your comments but really, grow up.

• brat June 28, 2018 at 01:36 #

Your math needs fixing, 6 people, actually. On this post. And yes, please grow up. I do go elsewhere. RCFA and The Catwalk Italia are my favorites. The latter features Melania regularly on IG. Nobody cares about YOUR sour grapes at the mention of her. It surely doesn’t faze me.

• moonbeam June 28, 2018 at 20:51 #

WOW 6 whole people!!! It still doesn’t matter. You won’t be seeing callous Melania’s clothes here.

• Nat123 June 27, 2018 at 22:53 #

Moonbeam Actually, I love her style and would love to see her more often featured here.

• JHH June 28, 2018 at 01:41 #

I don’t love her style but I would like to see her here as well.

3. TeaAtTwo June 26, 2018 at 22:15 #

Looks great. More interesting dresser than other royals while still appropriate.

4. moonbeam June 26, 2018 at 21:50 #

Thank you for cropping the picture to the left of her husband. 🙂

Rania looks great; chic, clean, modern and yet classic.

5. Nicki June 26, 2018 at 19:04 #

Absolutely flawless! The British Royals should take note, this is how a royal can be stylish and dress appropriately at the same time.

• brat June 26, 2018 at 20:10 #

• brat June 26, 2018 at 20:13 #

She’s more modern than Kate and Meghan combined. She’s also a decade older. She needs to take them to school.

• brat June 26, 2018 at 20:40 #

I just saw pictures of her and Melania together, flawless both of them. They can both take the younger ladies to school. They killed it. Absolutely stunning and they color coordinated, they had to, both were wearing blush.

• Nat123 June 27, 2018 at 03:10 #

Completely agree with you. Kate and Meghan should take notes from her.

• brat June 27, 2018 at 03:43 #

They are a lesson in how conservative dressing does not need to be matronly, it can still be elegant, sophisticated and MODERN. They are 10 years their senior and yet far more fashion forward. It’s tragic, I tell you.

• JHH June 27, 2018 at 05:41 #

Hey come on now being younger is no guarantee of fashion modernity — I say smiling being that I am a woman in her early 50s who tries to stay fresh and modern. Hey look at Maye Musk, who is way more modern at 70 than most women.

• brat June 27, 2018 at 07:33 #

: )

• Lee ann June 27, 2018 at 12:51 #

And I am in my 60’s and dress fresher than Kate ! It dives me crAzy when I read comments old lady matronly comments . I’ve seen 30 year olds with worse figures and who wear dresses I wouldn’t be seen dead in

• brat June 27, 2018 at 17:55 #

You go girl.

• JHH June 28, 2018 at 01:39 #

Amen, Lee ann.

6. NZ June 26, 2018 at 18:58 #

Queen Rania always looks so elegant and well put-together.

7. brat June 26, 2018 at 18:20 #

Love it but Melania wasn’t featured and she should be, she looked fab as well.

• Sarah June 26, 2018 at 19:24 #

She makes great fashion choices, does Melania. The jacket “I don’t care. Do u” should also be featured, methinks. Fascism has always been sartorially impeccable 🙂

• brat June 26, 2018 at 20:09 #

lol, you’re the reason Catherine won’t feature her. she doesn’t like politics on her fashion page.

• meme June 26, 2018 at 20:41 #

I, for one, am grateful.

• Sarah June 26, 2018 at 20:51 #

lol, indeed…

• Charlotte June 26, 2018 at 21:24 #

😀

• CreoleLady June 26, 2018 at 22:33 #

Yeah, really fashionable, that one *dripping sarcasm*. No need to hide the message when you wear it on your back. On a more positive note, I am quite enjoying Queen Rania’s look.

• Alina June 27, 2018 at 06:00 #

Ha! Love Sarah’s comment and I 100% agree.

Queen Rania looks lovely here.

• moonbeam June 26, 2018 at 21:50 #

nah, she’s trash.

• Nat123 June 27, 2018 at 03:11 #

I agree. Melania looked great too. I love most of her looks I think is quite sad it doesn’t get featured here but KKW and her gang is always here.

• brat June 27, 2018 at 03:52 #

Her fashion track record is iconic. Period. I am sad I can’t get Catherine’s commentary on her outfits but I follow her wardrobe closely. Her misses are so rare as to be almost non-existent.

• ElyseBelle June 27, 2018 at 11:33 #

I am so glad you’re voicing the fact that Melania has been blatantly excluded over and over. I’ve wished she was featured every time I see her statuesque style. She’s got so much of a personal flair in dressing for our FLOTUS. One can only hope. Politics aside, she’s much more exciting to see than the Royals, especially now that Meghan seems to have settled into bland territory as the new member. I’d immensely enjoy Catherine’s take and critique on her weekly style for fashion’s sake. As this is a fashion blog….

• brat June 27, 2018 at 18:06 #

Melania’s style is impeccable and I am always excited to see what she’ll wear next. But Catherine wishes to avoid controversy.
            Like Lee Ann said, we’re all adults and we’re discussing clothes. If you don’t like her personally and can’t be unemotional about it just scroll past. Apparently, that’s just not an option for some people. I don’t see why this has to become everyone else’s problem, but there it is.

• Nat123 June 27, 2018 at 22:56 #

Yes, Brat and ElyseBelle. I was so bummed Melania white look was not featured here when France’s President and his first lady came to the WH. It is definitely on my list of BDOTY.

• brat June 28, 2018 at 02:00 #

a look for the books definitely.

8. meme June 26, 2018 at 17:29 #

Fabulous. Perfectly tailored. She looks amazing.

• Caroline June 28, 2018 at 15:47 #