Menu

June 27, 2018

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Prada – Young Leaders Awards Ceremony

Yesterday (June 26), the Duke and Duchess of Sussex attended the Queen’s Young Leaders award ceremony at Buckingham Palace in London.

The annual awards honor extraordinary young people who are making a positive impact in their communities around the Commonwealth.

Meghan looked elegant and chic for the occasion wearing a lady-like pale pink Prada dress styled with a small black bag from the Italian brand and Aquazzura Deneuve black suede pumps.

So why I am I ever so slightly bored?

Well, that’s because all her looks are starting to blend into one.

This look is almost identical to the Carolina Herrera look she wore to the Trooping the Colour, and it’s yet another blush/nude/neutral look.

At this point I’m starting to think the only one with any fashion game in the English royal family, is the Queen herself.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Queen Elizabeth II at the Queen’s Young Leaders Awards Ceremony at Buckingham Palace

Aquazzura Deneuve Bow Pointy Toe Pumps

Credit: Getty

Queen Rania of Jordan In ADEAM - White House Visit

Queen Rania of Jordan In ADEAM – White House Visit

Isabela Moner  In Georges Chakra Couture - 'Sicario: Day Of The Soldado' LA Premiere

Isabela Moner In Georges Chakra Couture – ‘Sicario: Day Of The Soldado’ LA Premiere

33 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Prada – Young Leaders Awards Ceremony

1. Caroline June 28, 2018 at 3:44 pm #

I don’r mind this.

2. Sass June 28, 2018 at 2:00 pm #

Her awful bronzer heavy makeup is visible from mars…she was never a fashionista before but this is just getting too boring. Every dress looks like deja vu…

3. Sasha Charnin June 28, 2018 at 12:53 am #

The Queen. She’s the great hope. Funny, huh?

4. Phee June 27, 2018 at 11:26 pm #

I have never ever understood the appeal of her, fashion-wise. Im sure she’s a fine person but Ive always found her fashion sense dull and boring.

5. TeaAtTwo June 27, 2018 at 7:50 pm #

She definitely needs to take advice from her grandmother in me in terms of colour and print. Fashion hopes for her are fading fast. She should be wearing UK based designers too.

• Laurie June 30, 2018 at 5:48 pm #

Why? She’s American, surely she should be sporting more American designers. She didn’t give up her US citizenship, I’m sure.

6. Eva June 27, 2018 at 3:59 pm #

Shoes are gorgeous. Looking through the photos, makeup – especially bronzer – comes off way too strong. I like the dress sans the belt (it’s a bit of an overkill with the buttons) had it not been for the similarities with her Trooping the Color look. Again, what baffles me really is the fit and creases!

7. brat June 27, 2018 at 3:13 pm #

This is an improvement over her last two looks, which were God awful, but I’m thoroughly bored.

Once again, I find it rather matronly and not particularly fashion-forward. I liked her minimalist but modern style before she got engaged to Prince Harry.
    After seeing Melania Trump and Queen Rania yesterday there is simply no excuse for such a young woman with so much money at her disposal.
    Also, I liked how barely-there her makeup was. It was refreshing but she seems to have been taking pointers from Kate and I can see that bronzer painted from a 30-yard distance.

Her choice of shoes are the only slight Improvement.

8. Alina June 27, 2018 at 3:12 pm #

Nice dress, boring colour, poor fit.

9. TeaAtTwo June 27, 2018 at 2:46 pm #

I start to believe that the Queen has a secret decree or dictum that no other royal can upstage her fashion wise. Any hopes for Meghan fashion wise are fading rapidly. Integration doesn’t have to mean being bland. She should be wearing British based designers while in the UK on official occasions.

10. TeaAtTwo June 27, 2018 at 1:03 pm #

Is the queen wearing Richard Quinn?

11. TeaAtTwo June 27, 2018 at 12:58 pm #

I think that the Queen has a secret decree or dictum that no royal upstaged her fashion wise. The high hopes for Meghan fashion wise are fading rapidly. Integrating doesn’t have to be bland.

12. meme June 27, 2018 at 12:41 pm #

So boring. She needs to stop wearing all these neutrals. I do love the shoes.

• brat June 27, 2018 at 5:41 pm #

See, I actually like her in blush. It really suits her. It’s not the colors she’s choosing that I have issue with. Solids and neutrals can be stunning when the clothes and tailoring are right. Case in point, Queen Rania yesterday.

• JHH June 28, 2018 at 1:42 am #

ITA. It’s not the colors. It’s the cut of the dresses/suits.

• brat June 28, 2018 at 2:02 am #

Yes. Cut and style. I’m in the minority but I have zero issues with her chosen color palette.

13. Lee Ann June 27, 2018 at 12:33 pm #

I would have really liked this had she not worn the Carolina Herrera a few weeks ago – too similar . I also dislike the Shirley Temple hair curls . But at least the shoes are good although I would have preferred a more exciting colour . I’m giving the fit a pass for the exact same reasons

14. lelaid June 27, 2018 at 12:25 pm #

Why can’t she wear things that fit?! This is getting to be ridiculous. She’s got a gorgeous figure yet looks like she’s swimming in everything! These houses have entire teams dedicated to tailoring at the last minute so what’s the excuse?

15. CC June 27, 2018 at 12:25 pm #

Personally, I’m here for Camilla! She loves a statement hat!

16. Dressaddict June 27, 2018 at 12:01 pm #

To be honest, I never thought she had a great style, she never impressed me, as it seemed like she struggled to find a style of her own in the absence of a stylist. Peculiar coordinated outfits, clothes that are one or two size bigger, inappropriate hairstyles for certain outfits, a mess, in one word. I surely hope she will redeem herself, as she has so much potential and she is a beauty.

17. Fee June 27, 2018 at 11:46 am #

I really like it. I think it’s appropriately “boring” when honoring others, she isn’t there to steal the spotlight anymore than by her mere presence.

18. NZ June 27, 2018 at 11:34 am #

Always the same colors.

19. Lola June 27, 2018 at 11:14 am #

I just think that she is walking on eggs right now and she doesn’t want to make statements. So, it’s very about neutral colours and ladylike silhouette. Give her a year (i know it’s long) and i’m sure she will feel more free to have fun again.
    I mean, just imagine the simple fact that you have to wear nude stockings for the rest of your life…
    I hope Charles will change that tradition (at least for someone else than the queen) once he will take the crown.

Is this the first time for Prada in the royal family?

• Lee Ann June 27, 2018 at 12:30 pm #

No Kate wore a green print Prada dress last autumn. Reason I remember is she killed the dress with her styling .

20. Becky June 27, 2018 at 10:57 am #

Her outfits don’t fit her properly either, there always seems to be too much material. I find it hard to believe she doesn’t have a decent tailor!

• Catherine Kallon June 27, 2018 at 11:11 am #

I agree. But I’m giving her a pass as I believe she lost some weight with the wedding stress and that these looks were mostly likely ordered before the wedding.

21. AnnaP June 27, 2018 at 10:55 am #

The queen looks nice, but she always wears a flowery dress, black shoes and a black handbag. Always. So not sure she has “fashion game”.

The Duchess of Sussex looks wonderful again – the thing I like the most about her is she dresses in her own style which is very chic, but looks so engaged when she as at events like this. People who meet her say she knows about them and their causes, so she gens up thoroughly on each event showing how much she cares.

Love the shoes in particular.

• Catherine Kallon June 27, 2018 at 11:09 am #

Re: The Queen. It was a tongue and cheek comment.

• Camilla June 27, 2018 at 1:46 pm #

The Queen has this wonderful sort of grim-faced vibrancy. I adore her juxtaposition of loud, nutty coat-and-dress combinations and am frankly endeared by how the shoes and bag have this stubbornness about them that speaks to the purchasing habits of her generation (‘made to last’), and how the outfits are always topped off with her lovable expression of mild disgruntlement, subject to breaks in composure where animals and select grandchildren are concerned.

I live for it all! I am a Queen STAN.

• Kat June 27, 2018 at 2:41 pm #

+1. Perfectly put Camilla!

• Eva June 27, 2018 at 4:01 pm #

+2 She really is a gem.

22. Cristina June 27, 2018 at 10:53 am #

I like her shoes. Not sure about the skirt…there’s something matronly about it, I think. She looks pretty from waist up.

I agree though, her looks have started to blend into one. She needs to switch it up a bit.

23. Messi June 27, 2018 at 10:41 am #

I knew this would happen. I’m kind over her style now.