Menu

Jane Fonda made her second appearance on the red carpet at Cannes Film Festival for tonight’s (May 14) premiere of ‘Blackkklansman’.

Now, you may be split into two camps over this.

You may be in the camp who prefers a more experimental Jane at Cannes who’s donned Balmain and Atelier Versace.

Or, you may love this Valentino Spring 2018 Haute Couture shimmering gown and duster, which serves as a refreshing change of pace.

I have to say I adore the look. It’s high glamour done in a very simple and elegant way.

Chopard jewels and Sarah Flint pumps completed her look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Ava DuVernay In Greta Constantine - 'Blackkklansman' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Ava DuVernay In Greta Constantine – ‘Blackkklansman’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Laura Harrier In Louis Vuitton - 'Blackkklansman' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Laura Harrier In Louis Vuitton – ‘Blackkklansman’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

12 Responses to Jane Fonda In Valentino Haute Couture – ‘Blackkklansman’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Jeremy May 15, 2018 at 4:54 am #

I actually love this. I agree with all of you – I am a huge fan of Jane’s when she takes risks and goes more adventurous with her style. She has the poise and star charisma and just gravitas to pull off anything.

There’s something just so elegant and sumptuous and comfortable about this look to me. It’s like the purest kind of mature woman couture. I’m sure she’ll turn up in something much more exciting soon enough, but in the meantime I’m a huge fan of this.

2. Blair May 15, 2018 at 12:31 am #

Yawn. Janes stylist has really missed the mark this year. After a year away, I needed Jane back in full force. Sadly, this is a let down. Bring Back Versace!

3. NZ May 14, 2018 at 11:58 pm #

This would have looked better on someone like Meryl Streep, someone who doesn’t like to take too much risks. But we’re not used to that with Jane. She has the body and the energy to pull off looks much younger than her. I’m disappointed.

• Caroline May 15, 2018 at 1:27 am #

4. pinksugar May 14, 2018 at 11:33 pm #

This will sound crazy since this stunning woman is 80 years old, but this looks too old for her. It’s matronly and makes her look dowdy. The fun thing about Jane’s style is that she takes risks for a woman her age and they usually pay off in spades.

• Pheephee May 15, 2018 at 2:08 am #

+1 my thoughts exactly!

• Amanda F May 15, 2018 at 3:53 am #

Mine too! Matronly was the first thing that came to mind. And ya I know, crazy cause she’s 80!!

• Alina May 15, 2018 at 5:28 am #

Exactly! I was about to say: “This look is too old for you, Jane!”.

• Leti May 15, 2018 at 11:19 am #

+1 The workmanship on this is obviously stunning, but it’s not doing her justice. Perhaps if the dress had been more fitted. As is, it reminds me of a (very fancy) nightgown and matching robe.

5. Maria F. May 14, 2018 at 9:43 pm #

she is carrying off as best as she can, but it is a bit mother of the bride on her. She can do better.

6. Lashae May 14, 2018 at 8:30 pm #

No for me

Jane can do better tbh

7. Messi May 14, 2018 at 8:07 pm #

The first time she has looked old to me. Not in a bad way. She looks tired here