Menu

Halle Berry In Reem Acra – 2018 NAACP Image Awards

Halle Berry made sure she stood out on the red carpet for the 2018 NAACP Image Awards on Monday (January 15) in Pasadena, California.

I’ve read that many stylists photograph their clients in their looks before they hit the red carpet, so Halle was under no illusion that her Reem Acra Fall 2016 gown was so sheer and so very revealing.

I don’t consider myself a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but I found this look very distasteful for the red carpet. Save this look for the boudoir.

This look booked a one-way ticket to my WDOTY list. Horrendous.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Gigi Hadid In Sally LaPointe - Out In New York City

Gigi Hadid In Sally LaPointe – Out In New York City

Marion Cotillard In Balmain - 'César - Revelations 2018' Party

Marion Cotillard In Balmain – ‘César – Revelations 2018’ Party

56 Responses to Halle Berry In Reem Acra – 2018 NAACP Image Awards

1. BobbieLee January 22, 2018 at 23:48 #

The woman is 51 years old and has a gorgeous body. If she wants to flaunt it I say go for it baby. I think she looks beautiful.

2. Manon January 18, 2018 at 20:52 #

Terribly distasteful and unattractive. On her or anyone else.

3. Alina January 17, 2018 at 06:17 #

And here I was, thinking her Golden Globes outfit was bad… WDOTY probably. Nothing can top this.

4. Amanda F January 17, 2018 at 02:32 #

I keep coming back to look at this dress thinking – maybe it’s not as bad as I think. Maybe I over-reacted the first time I looked at it…but no…it’s that bad. I used to complain about dresses where I could see the wearers knickers – Halle has figured out a way to solve that problem!

5. Caroline January 17, 2018 at 02:05 #

Trying my best to ignore the over the top comments on this post. To call a woman classless and trash over a choice of outfit is extreme. While I do think that for her age she should be wearing something completely different I am baffled at almost all of the comments on this post, most of them are used to describe a woman, not an outfit and they’re not pleasant. Anyway, I will stick to fashion and not call a woman desperate for he choice of outfit but I wish she would wear something more appropriate for her and not a cheap dress from three seasons back. She can do better, I believe she just has bad taste.

• Giada January 17, 2018 at 11:06 #

So please explain to my why:

1.someone feels the need to literally display their vagina?
      2. I can’t condemn that kind of behaviour?

She’s an Oscar-winning actress. It doesn’t really matter what I said, she herself just did the biggest injustice possible.

• Giada January 17, 2018 at 11:14 #

Edit: She just did herself the biggest injustice possible.

• Caroline January 17, 2018 at 13:33 #

Personally, I can’t see her vagina. I don’t agree with her choice of outfit and just like Catherine very respectfully pointed out, it’s distateful. That still doesn’t excuse the fact that some people have called her classless, trash, desperate, etc. I wouldn’t call Halle Berry a disrespectful attention seeker like most people on this comment section, just cursed with bad taste when it comes to clothes but… to each their own.

• Giada January 17, 2018 at 14:32 #

I think you can quite clearly see too much. Especially in the last pic/thumbnail. Personally, I wouldn’t be comfortable with showing THAT much skin. Especially in that area. I stand by my first comment when I stated “desperate”. I find it desperate behaviour.

That doesn’t mean I have lost all respect for her, or her abilities as an actress or that I think of her as being a trashy person in general. Not at all. You can disagree with certain behaviour without condemning a person entirely.

I can see where you’re coming from with your comment, but I just disagree. Agree to disagree then.

• Zainab January 17, 2018 at 19:46 #

Her fashion choice is the definition of a desperate attention-seeking attempt. I don’t know what else to call flashing your vagina on the red carpet.
          Men don’t need to flash their genitals on the red carpet for fashion purposes, why should women? There’s nothing fashionable about telling the world you just had a wax. Especially an Oscar-winning respected actress like Halle Berry. She stooped way too low.

• Maya S. January 17, 2018 at 19:27 #

I agree. Comment on the fashion choice not the person. Personal attacks are just as distasteful and unnecessary as this dress.

6. Lidia January 16, 2018 at 23:05 #

Talking about desperate attention-grabbing. Sweet Lord, this belongs in a cheap brothel, if anywhere else. It’s even worse a very attractive woman with an Oscar is wearing this piece of who-knows-what to attract attention. Shame and major embarrassment. Why did she even bother to wear anything from waist down if she’s serving a half-frontal here? Turn yourself into trash and no wonder Weinstein and co. feel encouraged to treat you like trash.

• SilentVisitor January 17, 2018 at 01:07 #

“Turn yourself into trash and no wonder Weinstein and co. feel encouraged to treat you like trash”

No matter what, I think your last statement is inappropriate!!! Yes, the dress is tacky and screams desperation but in no way does that mean she encourages people to treat her a certain way……….this is victim blaming here

• Caroline January 17, 2018 at 02:01 #

I think you should see a psychologist because so much hatred over a dress can’t be normal. Seek for help babygirl.

• Martin January 17, 2018 at 02:23 #

With all due respect to you Lidia, the Harvey Weinstein comment is out of line. Saying that the type of clothing that a woman wears “encourages” men to assault and harass women is victim blaming, pure and simple. I hate this dress personally, but Halle can walk down the red carpet naked if she desires and that is not an invitation for someone to assault her.

• Amanda F January 17, 2018 at 02:34 #

• clippy January 17, 2018 at 16:37 #

• Fanny January 17, 2018 at 19:49 #

+ 3

• TeaAtTwo January 17, 2018 at 21:53 #

7. Schoolbea January 16, 2018 at 22:15 #

Oh wow. I cannot believe this design. Just no. I completely agree with Catherine here, I’m no prude, but this is beyond distasteful. You may argue what you like about the overall effect of the dress and whatnot, but a great deal of what makes something acceptable or beautiful is its context. This is not the place to wear this, and the level of exposure (literal and figurative) is painful to see.

8. kane January 16, 2018 at 21:24 #

I’d wear this for my boyfriend. Which means it’s NSFtheoutsideworld

9. Pheephee January 16, 2018 at 20:37 #

lol. That is bad. Esp that last picture. If one has to actually wonder if she is showing her vagina or not showing it, then girl has the wrong dress on.

10. Jess January 16, 2018 at 19:59 #

Agreed – very trashy below the waist!

BUT…..she is probably wearing nude/illusion panties or stockings/pantyhose or a bodysuit underneath.

11. JHH January 16, 2018 at 17:43 #

Usually I love the extra shots but this time I could have done without the last one. It is sad to me that someone as beautiful as Halle Berry wearing this, but it’s not surprising.

12. EmmaWoodhouse January 16, 2018 at 17:05 #

Absolute WHY that this stunning woman would choose such a vulgar look. It’s baffling.
    WDOTY contender for sure. This is definitely Gwyneth-in-Antonio-Berardi level cringe…and actualy this one is worse.

• Mimmi January 16, 2018 at 17:08 #

Agree! This is beyond vulgar.

13. pinksugar January 16, 2018 at 16:28 #

Halle has always been drawn to fashion that borderlines on being trashy, but I do believe she has gotten worse as she has aged. This is cheap and distasteful on every level.

14. TeaAtTwo January 16, 2018 at 16:05 #

It’s so sad that she stooped so low to get attention. With lining this could have been a nice look.

15. Mattison January 16, 2018 at 15:59 #

I’m so tired of having to type the words, “this would be a beautiful look, if only the skirt/bodice was lined”, but here we are again. It’s almost funny how this look would have inspired a totally different conversation with the addition of even a nude lining to show off the contrast between the dotted mesh panels and the lace in the middle- the silhouette makes her look 10′ tall and her beauty look is impeccable. Tragic.

16. Amy January 16, 2018 at 14:50 #

I can’t fathom any outfit that shows your crotch to the whole world. It kinda ruins the purpose of clothing right?
    Halle has a banging body but this is too much. It’s hard to believe this is a Reem acra dress.
    Disappointing

17. Beth Rodrigues January 16, 2018 at 14:45 #

Wow…..so desperate for attention!

18. Crystalline January 16, 2018 at 14:43 #

I don’t understand WHY she has to be this desperate and thirsty. She’s gorgeous and she has that enviable body. She does not need to do this to gain attention. Doesn’t she know that she has inherent asset? People will look at her as a beautiful woman even when she’s not this desperate. Somebody need to tell her to be gracious.

19. meme January 16, 2018 at 14:02 #

Vulgar, inappropriate and classless.

20. Evita January 16, 2018 at 13:30 #

It’s horrible but it’s not really that shocking to me,she’s done this sort of look before-down to the hair and the shoes. Her stylist has consistently been putting her in terrible looks. This is tragic all around.

21. james January 16, 2018 at 13:27 #

Less is more Halle. The day you understand this that would be the day you’d be taken seriously. To think that she is an Oscar winner…

22. moonbeam January 16, 2018 at 13:23 #

I’m not understanding what’s so “vulgar,” “desperate,” or “distasteful” about this look. It’s sheer but you can’t see anything, it’s no more sheer than the Helen Mirren look (“feminism” skirt) from earlier this week or revealing than the black Fausto Puglisi dress (w/ high thigh slits) that JLo wore last year. Do you all expect 50yo women to wear muumuus or turtleneck dresses all the time?

• Catherine Kallon January 16, 2018 at 13:55 #

The “vulgar,” “desperate,” and “distasteful” probably comes from the fact that

1. she’s not wearing any underwear and

2. that you can see that Halle favours a Hollywood wax

I think the Helen Mirren comparison is way off the mark with all due respect to you.

• meme January 16, 2018 at 13:59 #

I agree completely. One false move, and Halle is showing off her everything.

• moonbeam January 16, 2018 at 21:35 #

Maybe all of you are staring too hard at her crotch with the intention of seeing something because I don’t see anything. I’m looking at the overall effect of her look from head to toe.

• Mimi January 16, 2018 at 14:03 #

You can see half of her vagina…
      You can look sexy obviously at age 50 and not show everything.

• Mimi January 16, 2018 at 14:04 #

Also this has nothing to do with her age, showing everything is not sexy at any age.

• Lara January 16, 2018 at 14:29 #

I might add that the overriding feeling of distaste was also evident in Gwyneth Paltrow’s look of a similar ilk (She was 40 at the time): https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2013/04/25/gwyneth-paltrow-in-antonio-berardi-iron-man-3-premiere/

23. Fiona - Perth January 16, 2018 at 13:19 #

Oh no, that is beyond inappropriate. I cannot believe she did this, especially after all the fuss made last week about wearing black at the Golden Globes and women being more than sex objects to turn around and wear this is just bizarre. Talk is cheap, and so is this dress…

24. Zainab January 16, 2018 at 12:59 #

Wait, is she wearing a nude underwear? Cause even with that it looks desperate, distasteful and tacky. Please don’t tell me she isn’t wearing any!!?? That would be horrendous.

• Catherine Kallon January 16, 2018 at 13:56 #

I don’t believe she is

25. Jerusa Herrera January 16, 2018 at 12:57 #

I cannot believe my eyes, WOW, she’s showing everything her mama gave her… Halle, this is so sad and what’s even worse for me is that she looks so beautiful neck up, the best she’s ever looked in long while.

WDOTY contender for me too.

:'(

26. Hannah January 16, 2018 at 12:55 #

OMG, why! why she did it to herself??? I can’t understand it.

27. Mimi January 16, 2018 at 12:51 #

If this was lined, I would say she looks stunning. But this is just so vulgar.

28. Eni January 16, 2018 at 12:50 #

Dear God…

29. Charlotte January 16, 2018 at 12:48 #

She looks ridiculous!

30. Maria F. January 16, 2018 at 12:41 #

Thirsty and sad. And so unnecessary. She would look gorgeous in a bin bag.

31. AnnaP January 16, 2018 at 12:18 #

It’s just desperate and sad. Why does Halle feel she needs to do this? Very disappointing.

32. CreoleLady January 16, 2018 at 12:13 #

Why? Just… why? She is gorgeous, beautiful figure, fab face, Oscar-winner, a star. Why? And at this venue, no less, on MLK day. Agree, wdoty-worthy.

• Catherine Kallon January 16, 2018 at 12:43 #

I agree. It has many many layers of desperation. So sad to see.

33. SilentVisitor January 16, 2018 at 12:11 #

From the neck up — she looks absolutely beautiful, my goodness, I sometimes cannot believe she is 51.

From the neck down — this look screams desperation, thirst and more desperation. She doesn’t need that; she is sexy, beautiful and everyone already knows it; Her next call today should be to Elie Saab

This is my first top contender for WDOTY

34. Giada January 16, 2018 at 12:04 #