Menu

Celine Dion In Stéphane Rolland Couture – 2017 Billboard Music Awards

Céline Dion looked breathtaking commemorating the 20th anniversary of the movie ‘Titanic’ singing the legendary ‘My Heart Will Go On’ at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards on Sunday (May 21).

I didn’t think there would be a challenger for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Michael Cino Couture gown so soon, but this Stéphane Rolland Spring 2017 Couture masterpiece is leaving me with quite a dilemma – which look do I love more?

From the sculptural shoulders which didn’t lag, to the sleek, modern design and silhouette this look so majestic.

I don’t know if anyone but Celine could’ve done this look justice.

Credit: WWD & Getty

Rita Ora In Francesco Scognamiglio Couture - 2017 Billboard Music Awards

Rita Ora In Francesco Scognamiglio Couture – 2017 Billboard Music Awards

Nicole Kidman In Christian Dior Couture - 'The Killing Of A Sacred Deer' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Nicole Kidman In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Killing Of A Sacred Deer’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

41 Responses to Celine Dion In Stéphane Rolland Couture – 2017 Billboard Music Awards

1. carrie May 23, 2017 at 6:19 pm #

Epic. She surely did it justice.

2. Ari May 23, 2017 at 5:58 pm #

Iconic. Stunning. Mesmerizing. There aren’t enough adjectives to describe this. Her performance was absolutely dazzling.

3. Giada May 23, 2017 at 11:45 am #

My jaw dropped. What an iconic look!

Her stylist Law Roach said: “But when I saw that particular one, I knew in my heart of hearts that that was the dress. Literally, if someone were to ask me to describe Celine if she was a gown, it would be that gown.”

4. Viral Vora May 23, 2017 at 9:05 am #

This is stunning! she is a someone who doesnt take herself too seriously and only someone with such confidence in herself can pull off what is essentially a show piece of a dress! she imbues life in what is an already beautiful gown.

I love Aishwarya but I think she is playing for seconds with this one!

FC – thank you for working what i assume will be crazy hours covering both Cannes and billboard awards and everything in between!

• Catherine Kallon May 23, 2017 at 11:17 am #

You are sweet thank you.

Yes, night and day, but so many great looks to cover. it has been a huge pleasure and an incredible buzz

5. Shallow Culture May 23, 2017 at 8:57 am #

Stunning, breath taking, incredible.

Totally BDOTY worthy.

This was a fashion moment.

6. yumey May 23, 2017 at 8:47 am #

Stunning! BDOTY-worthy!
    I don’t think there will be another look this majestic and perfect this year. She pulls off with ease and finesse.
    Bow to the Queen!

7. Tenacious May 23, 2017 at 1:43 am #

WOW. I am at a loss for words. She looks so stunning and statuesque. Celine’s best look and a BDOTW and BDOTY worthy look! I think I like this more than anything I’ve seen at Cannes so far.

8. Cris May 23, 2017 at 12:06 am #

Celine has been incredible on the red carpet. She is no doubt my favorite this year. I was so excited to see her at the MEt Gala but that outfit didn’t do her justice at all. It was the biggest disappointment. She deserved a breath-taking gown worthy of a diva.
    I’m glad she found this one!!! I like it better than the Michael Cinco. I swear I cried happy tears when I watched the performance and not because of the song but because of her impressive statuesque figure.

9. Max May 22, 2017 at 11:11 pm #

BDOTY hands down ??????

10. Koma May 22, 2017 at 8:48 pm #

Yes!!! I was so hoping somebody would wear this dress to Met Gala this year and was disappointed when no one wore something from Rolland’s last collection.

Celine does this piece more than justice! So glad she gave this dress an outing, she looks magnificent! BDOTY for sure!!!

11. Jeremy May 22, 2017 at 7:55 pm #

I am utterly speechless. Celine’s transformation over the past year into fashion superstar has truly felt like a revelation. She possesses such an innate flair for drama and is so entirely french and passionate about everything she does – it makes her a perfect showcase for avant garde fashion choices.

This is perhaps my favourite Celine fashion moment of all time. It is utterly breathtaking and is without question my BDOTY so far.

• Sarah May 23, 2017 at 5:53 am #

+1!!

She’s just been a dark horse completely out of left field and has shown so many PYT’s up. She’s killing it and been a thrill to watch this year.

12. Nadia99 May 22, 2017 at 7:36 pm #

As soon as I saw her I put her in my BDOTY file.
    Celine showing everyone how to dress and how to sing.
    This is MAGNIFICENT!

13. Trinny May 22, 2017 at 6:28 pm #

This is honestly BDOTY worthy to me. So stunning. All hail queen Celine.

14. AnderBoBo May 22, 2017 at 6:02 pm #

This is absolutely perfection Aishwarya looked beautiful but to me this is just so special and so perfectly worn, breathtaking!

15. Pheephee May 22, 2017 at 5:54 pm #

OMG!!! I was sooo hoping someone would wear this awesome piece. I was thinking it would be at Cannes if anywhere but this is perfect!!
    Celine is perfect in this. Dramatic and beautifully stunning!!!
    Awwwwwww this makes me sooo happy someone worthy made my favorite Rolland lookbook dress work. and SO well!!
    LOVES!!! and of course this does go into the BDOTY.

16. Nambina May 22, 2017 at 5:37 pm #

This one!! No questions asked

17. tuftufwang May 22, 2017 at 5:09 pm #

This gets my vote. Aishwarya’s dress was a pretty princess gown and that was it for me. This sculptured number is really breathtaking.

18. from-chitown May 22, 2017 at 4:51 pm #

She looks spectacular. Absolutely BDOTY worthy. I am also torn as to which one would be on top – this or Aishwarya’s look.

19. Jerusa Herrera May 22, 2017 at 4:14 pm #

This, this, this !!! I LOVE IT so much more than anything Ive seen in Canes so far!

20. amy May 22, 2017 at 3:58 pm #

drama. I love it!

21. Martina May 22, 2017 at 3:53 pm #

Finally, I was soooo looking forward to your thoughts about it and I am thrilled that you are as in love as I thought you would be :))
    I know it’s only May but I do think this one will get my vote as the BDOTY. There is just so much perfection, elegance and, despite the sleeves, simplicity that I simply adore :’)

22. Ale May 22, 2017 at 3:39 pm #

Adding this to my BDOTY list. Stunning and unexpected.
    She took a risk and it paid off.

23. meme May 22, 2017 at 3:28 pm #

Celine is perfection in this dress. And what a dress!

24. TeaAtTwo May 22, 2017 at 3:20 pm #

An epic look.

25. Christine May 22, 2017 at 3:13 pm #

This is such a Masterpeice!!!! Better than any CANNES dress I’ve seen so far

Wow she got my vote for best dressed of the week.

So beautiful. This was a great tribute performance look

26. charlotte May 22, 2017 at 3:01 pm #

There is only a handful of woman on this planet who can work this sculptual design and Celine is just the perfect one.
    This is a whole other level of elegance and panache compared to Ashiwarya’s cinderella dress
    BDOTW AND BDOTY contender for sure.WOW~

27. Crystalline May 22, 2017 at 2:56 pm #

THIS. This is what we’ve expected. High level of drama and over the top design. BDOTY worthy and kudos to the stylist. I always love an unexpected yet dramatic look, so, I’d choose this over Mrs. Bachchan puffy (and boring) gowns.

28. adrian May 22, 2017 at 2:49 pm #

while Aishwarya’s look was nice, at it’s core it was a princess dress. This, somehow, feels special.

29. Leandra May 22, 2017 at 2:48 pm #

I was expecting Nieves Alvarez was going to wear it on the RC as well.
    Celine looks breathtakingly beautiful, so dramatic . This look deserves a slot on the BDOTY list.

30. CreoleLady May 22, 2017 at 2:47 pm #

Wow. The right dress on the right person. BDOTY-worthy.

• CreoleLady May 22, 2017 at 3:14 pm #

Oh, and Bachchan’s look does not even come close for me. Dion is in another galaxy. I thought only Nieves Alvarez or possibly Paz Vega could do a spectacular Stephane Rolland couture dress justice. So wonderful to see Celine Dion prove that there is at least one other who can pull off Rolland like this. The occasion is perfect, not the least because I imagine it would be too hard to keep the loft of those sleeves look-book pristine like that even on a red carpet.

31. Alina May 22, 2017 at 2:45 pm #

I’m in awe. BDOTW contender without a doubt.

32. Nat39 May 22, 2017 at 2:42 pm #

I have no hesitation. This is MAGNIFICENT. This isn’t just BDOTY worthy, it’s TOP of the list. I’m speechless.

• Nat39 May 22, 2017 at 5:42 pm #

Aishwarya’s look was beautiful and she’s on my BDOTY worthy list, but never for a moment it struck me as a Top contender, she didn’t even beat Tony Garrn in the gold Boss gown for me. The gown was very standard princess and could’ve been any other big Elie Saab/Zuhair Murad gown.

33. Deolinda May 22, 2017 at 2:33 pm #

Oh my god! This is more like it! Burning down the house . This is how you roll in 2017, fit for a queen Without looking like a Disney princess

34. Deolinda May 22, 2017 at 2:33 pm #

Oh my god! This is more like it! Burning down the houve. This is how you roll in 2017, fit for a queen Without looking like a Disney princess

35. Manuella May 22, 2017 at 2:31 pm #

Only a legend could make this dress justice, and it’s not just the outfit, the performance last night takes this to another level, this is how a iconic singer wears a iconic dress!!

• charlotte May 22, 2017 at 3:02 pm #

yes,I even shed a few tears with that performance.
      A tough act to follow.