Menu

Dear Aishwarya Rai Bachchan,

There has never been a more perfect red carpet moment than this.

In my 10 (-1) years of RCFA, I have never been so moved by one gown, one woman.

I knew you would bring the magic of Cannes back to the fore; and you did so in breath-taking fashion wearing a Michael Cinco Fall 2017 Couture dress from the Dream of Versailles collection this evening at the ‘Okja’ premiere.

For that I will be eternally grateful, as you will always be my Cannes Queen.

All bets are off. This is my favourite look of the year.

Lovingly,

Catherine aka FC x

Credit: Pinterest & Getty

Bella Hadid In Christian Dior Couture - 'Okja' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Bella Hadid In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Julianne Moore In Louis Vuitton - 'Okja' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Julianne Moore In Louis Vuitton – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

166 Responses to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan In Michael Cinco Couture – ‘Okja’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:59 pm #

Girlfriend came late to the party, but SLAYED the red carpet down with this one look alone!! Love the princessy blue ball gown, but the sleek tresses keeps it away from being too mumsy!! The opulent elegance and the refined aura that Aishwarya exudes is simply unbeatable, all hail my former Miss World and all time Bollywood icon!!

2. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang May 19, 2017 at 6:59 pm #

3. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:52 pm #

now that’s an arrival! I don’t even like princess gowns that much but this is gorgeous. the light blue against her skin and the dark hair. good job

4. amy May 19, 2017 at 6:52 pm #

5. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:45 pm #

I’M SCREAMING!!!!!!!! No one can top this.

6. Angela May 19, 2017 at 6:45 pm #

I’M SCREAMING!!!!!!!! No one can top this.

7. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:44 pm #

I really wish I felt the same way because folks seem to be getting there life. I even searched other images based on one of the comments that this one may not have been the best.

I still find it … very ok. But it’s worth reading and seeing all the swooning. Enjoy!

• Guest May 19, 2017 at 9:50 pm #

You are not alone. This dress is certainly big. I like the way you but it, it is “very OK”. Well, maybe one had to be there. Fun to read the rhapsodizing though.

• Guest May 20, 2017 at 2:29 am #

I agree. Its a pretty dress but I’m so underwhelmed by the whole look

8. adrian May 19, 2017 at 6:44 pm #

• CreoleLady May 19, 2017 at 10:50 pm #

• Lashae May 20, 2017 at 3:29 am #

I agree. Its a pretty dress but I’m so underwhelmed by the whole look

9. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:34 pm #

Oh my god Catherine your review couldnt be more perfect!! For some reason she has so many haters in India. This woman!! haters????? Shes our queen!!!!. Best dressed at Cannes of all time!!!..permanent goosebumps!!

• Fashion Critic May 19, 2017 at 5:45 pm #

My eyes actually welled up. Such a huge moment

• Guest May 19, 2017 at 6:17 pm #

Sooo glad you’re back : ))

• Guest May 20, 2017 at 10:39 am #

I love Aishwarya Rai and this dress is divine on her. I think the reason that so many people in India hate her, is because in a country where women are mostly valued for their looks, she’s managed to back that up with brains. She’s a brilliant business woman and one of the most wildly successful women in India (if not the most successful; not sure about that). And she’s managed to accomplish all this without a man by her side, and without resorting to any kind of cheap theatrics that you see so many women engage in these days.

• Guest May 20, 2017 at 1:58 pm #

India is a huge country, so there’s bound to be differing opinions. .She sure does have haters, but she has loads and loads of fans too in India. The amount of respect and love she gets in uparalelled.Also she wouldnt have been one of the topmost actors in India for so long without her fan following. Shes considered a synonym for beauty in India.

10. Rima May 19, 2017 at 6:34 pm #

• Catherine Kallon May 19, 2017 at 6:45 pm #

My eyes actually welled up. Such a huge moment

• Rima May 19, 2017 at 7:17 pm #

Sooo glad you’re back : ))

• Saumya May 20, 2017 at 11:39 am #

• Venus May 20, 2017 at 2:58 pm #

11. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:26 pm #

Breathtakingly!! Can u pls pls pls add more pictures of her

12. Rashmi May 19, 2017 at 6:26 pm #

Breathtakingly!! Can u pls pls pls add more pictures of her

13. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:22 pm #

I just want to say the wrong pic was chosen… This is a look with enormously huge amount of magnificent pictures around the web. It’s just a outstanding look! She gives me life with this.

• Fashion Critic May 19, 2017 at 5:43 pm #

I’m really disappointed by this comment.

Firstly, I am blogging this event live on my own and secondly, I am using the first pictures that come in to publish to you as quickly as possible.

You really know how to take the wind out of someones sails

• Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:51 pm #

Haters gonna hate!! This dress and this woman could look good in anyyy picture, from anyyyy angle. That is all!!! Carry on. ??

• Guest May 19, 2017 at 6:05 pm #

IGNORE SAHARA! YOU ARE JUST AS MUCH OF A QUEEN AS AISHWARYA IS IN THIS!!!

• Guest May 19, 2017 at 6:05 pm #

Oh I’m really sorry, actually I reciprocate every single thing you wrote about the look, that’s why I was just concerned people would stop cherishing this look with just one picture, either way I salute you for your dedication. I choose your updates over anything, anytime. Love.

• Guest May 19, 2017 at 6:36 pm #

I know we can all get overexcited sometimes 🙂 but it’s actually a very good shot, the angle and everything…

14. Sahara May 19, 2017 at 6:22 pm #

• Catherine Kallon May 19, 2017 at 6:43 pm #

I’m really disappointed by this comment.

You really know how to take the wind out of someones sails

• Clancy May 19, 2017 at 6:51 pm #

• stephanie May 19, 2017 at 7:05 pm #

IGNORE SAHARA! YOU ARE JUST AS MUCH OF A QUEEN AS AISHWARYA IS IN THIS!!!

• Sahara May 19, 2017 at 7:05 pm #

• Nat39 May 19, 2017 at 7:36 pm #

15. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:19 pm #

Cinderella would be jealous

16. Manuella May 19, 2017 at 6:19 pm #

Cinderella would be jealous

17. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:19 pm #

literally got chills! Amazing

18. AnnieOh May 19, 2017 at 6:19 pm #

literally got chills! Amazing

19. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:18 pm #

YES! This is going straight to the top of my BDOTY list. I love that she is giving less well known designers exposure at a event like Cannes

20. Athena May 19, 2017 at 6:18 pm #

21. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:17 pm #

I can tell that you are typing from heaven FC, because she just kill us all, i have no words, this woman its from another planet, she is the defenition of PERFECTION, Cannes without her isn’t Cannes at all

22. Vinicius May 19, 2017 at 6:17 pm #

23. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:17 pm #

Wow, this is show-stopper.

• Guest May 19, 2017 at 7:52 pm #

..although I can’t shake off a feeling that it could’ve been any other big Elie Saab gown…I’m reserving my final WOWs for Sonam hopefully and Fan (who isn’t out of the picture yet).

24. Nat39 May 19, 2017 at 6:17 pm #

Wow, this is show-stopper.

• Nat39 May 19, 2017 at 8:52 pm #

25. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:09 pm #

Magic.

26. Caroline May 19, 2017 at 6:09 pm #

Magic.

27. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:08 pm #

I’m not usually a fan of princess gown silhouettes, but even I can’t deny the impact of Aishwarya at Cannes. If you have to be a princess on the carpet, at least be the biggest couture princess ever, I guess. She looks spectacular.
    I don’t think it’s gonna make my BDOTY list and not sure it’s gonna be my favorite look of the day (from what I saw, Jessica Chastain and Rihanna looked awesome), but as I said, I *do* love it.

28. Chris May 19, 2017 at 6:08 pm #

29. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:07 pm #

I fall in love with this dress when I saw it on the runway. The skirt is a bit weird on this picture, but she looks gorgeous.

30. Ale May 19, 2017 at 6:07 pm #

31. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:06 pm #

OMG. This is sheer perfection. She looks AMAZING!!!

32. meme May 19, 2017 at 6:06 pm #

OMG. This is sheer perfection. She looks AMAZING!!!

33. Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:06 pm #

OH MA GOD. I’m bending the knee. And that make up too ! Everything is perfect

34. dedel May 19, 2017 at 6:06 pm #

OH MA GOD. I’m bending the knee. And that make up too ! Everything is perfect

35. Guest May 19, 2017 at 4:58 pm #

To be honest, I’m not really sure I like the dress, yet this is perfect.
    And, finally, something Cannes worthy!!

36. Charlotte May 19, 2017 at 5:58 pm #

To be honest, I’m not really sure I like the dress, yet this is perfect.
    And, finally, something Cannes worthy!!

37. Guest May 19, 2017 at 4:58 pm #

No words to describe this woman.Her other 2 looks were also breathtaking.

38. Anu May 19, 2017 at 5:58 pm #

No words to describe this woman.Her other 2 looks were also breathtaking.

39. Guest May 19, 2017 at 4:57 pm #

AND THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT.

This look, her presence, this moment… Truly cathartic.

40. Alina May 19, 2017 at 5:57 pm #

AND THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT.

This look, her presence, this moment… Truly cathartic.

41. Guest May 19, 2017 at 4:57 pm #

she’s always killing it, i love this gown! although i’m not sure about the hair… a top knot or something would be cleaner, no?

• Fashion Critic May 19, 2017 at 5:04 pm #

I think the hair keeps it current. I top knot may have taken this down a prissy, mumsy route. This is modern princess

• Guest May 19, 2017 at 5:17 pm #

I agree, love the hair.

42. cindy May 19, 2017 at 5:57 pm #

• Catherine Kallon May 19, 2017 at 6:04 pm #

• Chris May 19, 2017 at 6:17 pm #

I agree, love the hair.

43. Guest May 19, 2017 at 4:57 pm #

Fabulous!!!

That’s all I say from the hair to the gown.

That eternally beautiful (an overused word for just attractive people) face can launch a thousand ships.

44. Carol May 19, 2017 at 5:57 pm #

Fabulous!!!

That’s all I say from the hair to the gown.

45. Guest May 19, 2017 at 4:56 pm #

She is beyond stunning but I do wish she’d add some jewellery to her looks. Just an observation but Why is she not wearing the well known designers? Never heard of any of the ones she wore today.

46. Shanaya May 19, 2017 at 5:56 pm #

47. Guest May 19, 2017 at 4:55 pm #

Curtsy……

48. Jui May 19, 2017 at 5:55 pm #

Curtsy……

49. Guest May 19, 2017 at 4:55 pm #

BAm!! She shut it down…. what a diva!!! BDOTY nominee straightaway!! She looks phenomenal. This is how you create a moment and make heads turn at Cannes. Go big or go home!!

50. fromchi-town May 19, 2017 at 5:55 pm #