Menu

June 18, 2015

Miley Cyrus In Moschino – New York 2015 amfAR Inspiration Gala

Posted by Rachel Watkins

Miley Cyrus In Moschino - New York 2015 amfAR Inspiration Gala

Miley Cyrus wore her heart on her sleeve—and everywhere else—at the 2015 amfAR Inspiration Gala New York, hosted at New York City’s Spring Studios on Tuesday (June 16).

She was nothing short of the evening’s Queen of Hearts in her theatrical Moschino embellished gown that featured a sculptural bow at the back and a small train.

Not keen to stop there, she styled the dress with long red gloves, a heart-shaped clutch, and her current braided-back mohawk ’do of the moment that was embellished with glittery red accents.

But what broke my fashion heart were the clunky Dr. Martens boots. I don’t care if they had hearts on them.

Minus those, the look was expectedly dramatic and loud. But, in comparison with other Miley entrances, this one had a more palatable kitsch factor thanks in large part to the more elegant silhouette of the gown.

Credit: Getty

Nicole Kidman In Nina Ricci - Women in Film 2015 Crystal + Lucy Awards

Nicole Kidman In Nina Ricci – Women in Film 2015 Crystal + Lucy Awards

The Net-A-Porter International Sale Is Finally Here

The Net-A-Porter International Sale Is Finally Here

14 Responses to Miley Cyrus In Moschino – New York 2015 amfAR Inspiration Gala

1. Esther June 18, 2015 at 6:19 pm #

I’m surprised by all the hate for this outfit. I saw it first on another site, there were more pictures, I loved everything about it. She has the height and the legs to pull off a gown WITHOUT high heels, and everything about this look came together. For me anyway. It looks really fun, and she looks delighted to be wearing the outfit. Pretty sure if she was described as “elegant” for this event, she’d think she failed.

2. clancy from dallas June 18, 2015 at 4:54 pm #

this look COULD have worked, if she had just taken like 9 things off. if she had taken her hair a little more elegant, with less butterfly clips and flowers, and whatever else she’s got hidden in there…. and then worn some black pumps— MAYBE it could’ve worked. this whole thing right now is a sad situation. i agree with the shameful doc martens. just..come on.

3. Phoenix June 18, 2015 at 3:17 pm #

In its own silly childish way it works, for her ‘purposes’. Not saying its good. Its quite the mess. And not authentic just attention seeking. But it could of worked (for what it was) except those giant clunkers on her feet which take it all down.

4. Carolina June 18, 2015 at 3:07 pm #

I’m sorry but this is BAD. The dress alone is a disaster, I have no idea what Jeremy Scott thinks he’s doing. Then you add those ugly boots and the stupid hair, I can’t even take this seriously. It’s all very very cheap looking.

5. Remage June 18, 2015 at 10:46 am #

She is young and having fun and she can gat away with it, I love the entire outfit, boots and all, good for her.

6. edarsay June 18, 2015 at 10:37 am #

Its a dedicace to Madonna in 1987 The Material Girl, pink gown

7. Pene June 18, 2015 at 7:40 am #

Best she’s looked in a while bur the armpit hair (not mentioned) arrrrgh

8. Alex V June 18, 2015 at 4:27 am #

IMO The hair, makeup and dress worked so well on her but she should’ve gone for some black or red pumps instead of those ridiculous martens. I loved this look when I saw it on Instagram but when I saw the shoes no, just no…

9. Caroline June 18, 2015 at 3:45 am #

This is disastrous.

10. Christine June 18, 2015 at 3:19 am #

I understand she was the lady of the night at this event since they were honoring her – so I get the theatricality, but this look is so comically bad.

11. Nat39 June 18, 2015 at 3:15 am #

The look is fun, bold, dramatic, full of personality, and Miley rocks the silhouette and the ott-ness of it all. I was totally going to give it a pass on its character and theatricality factor until I saw the foolish booties, they do not ‘flow’ with the look whatsoever.

12. pinksugar June 18, 2015 at 3:12 am #

In photos where you can’t see the stupid shoes this actually worked for her.

13. John June 18, 2015 at 2:57 am #

I´m sure she was channeling Madonna in the 80´s. Such a bad idea.

14. Bailey June 18, 2015 at 2:55 am #

Not even sure what to say about this…its just so bad…