Menu

November 21, 2014

MAC and Vogue Host Giambattista Valli Dinner

MAC and Vogue Host Giambattista Valli Dinner

MAC and Vogue toasted Giambattista Valli by holding a dinner party in his honour at the Chateau Marmont on Thursday (November 20) in Los Angeles, California.

Olivia Munn: The ‘Newsroom’ actress was working a red and white theme, shelving her favourite sultry dresses in favour of chic Giambattista Valli Resort 2015 separates rendered in a floral, paisley and snakeskin print.

Amber Heard: The actress had the honour of wearing a Fall 2014 Couture piece. Now this is how a sheer piece can be worn with elegance. Oozing plenty of Parisian charm in this floral appliqué look spliced with a striped waist and matching panties, I can’t help but feel she let this look down with the overly stark berry lip colour.

Cody Horn: The ‘Magic Mike’ actress wore a pretty Resort 2015 jacquard floral outfit, keeping the hair and makeup perfectly in tune with the sweet, subtle vibe of her frock while amping up the look with metallic accessories.

Amber would’ve been my favourite here, but in the end I went with the charismatic, sweet offering of Cody’s look.

Credit: Getty

Nikki Reed In Sachin & Babi - The Hollywood Foreign Press Association And InStyle Celebrate The 2015 Golden Globe Award Season

Nikki Reed In Sachin & Babi – The Hollywood Foreign Press Association And InStyle Celebrate The 2015 Golden Globe Award Season

Lizzy Caplan In Prabal Gurung - The Hollywood Foreign Press Association And InStyle Celebrate The 2015 Golden Globe Award Season

Lizzy Caplan In Prabal Gurung – The Hollywood Foreign Press Association And InStyle Celebrate The 2015 Golden Globe Award Season

16 Responses to MAC and Vogue Host Giambattista Valli Dinner

1. Stefania November 24, 2014 at 11:00 pm #

Anyone can tell me what lipstick is Amber wearing? II guess it’s a MAC lipstick… I love it

2. kane November 23, 2014 at 12:44 pm #

Only Cody’s dress gets a pass from me here. I also don’t like her styling of vamping it up. The other two looks are contrived and terrible.

3. pinksugar November 22, 2014 at 12:30 am #

Amber looks the best from the neck down, but her hair/makeup kinda killed it for me. Olivia’s is too busy and then more bad hair on Cody.

4. Phoenix November 21, 2014 at 10:31 pm #

Olivia is best from h2t. I like the others dresses, but h2t olivia wins

5. julyol1972 November 21, 2014 at 6:53 pm #

Love Amber’s outfit, even though as you rightly stated FC the lip is too dark. Olivia looks beautiful…love the shoe.

Don’t like Cody’s as it seems to twee and not suited to her personality.

6. Annabelle November 21, 2014 at 6:52 pm #

Are you kidding? I loved Amber’s dark lip – I think it made the colour palette much more seasonally appropriate. Regarding what the other commenters have said, I wasn’t sure if it was “underwear” we were seeing, or an undergarment that was meant to be worn with the dress – the stripes play quite nicely off of the stripes in the belt. If there was one thing I had to disagree about with the styling, it would colour of the toe-cap on the shoe – perhaps bright red (to match her nails) would have been nice.

I liked Olivia’s outfit from the waist down – however, I thought that something fitted/structured on top would have been preferred to balance the volume in the shorts. I disliked the hair (the centre-part and the pony-tail in combination with the oversized blouse are aging) and I wish her makeup was darker to give her features some more definition.

Cody’s look was nice, but didn’t blow me away. I loved how cool her hair looked though.

7. dee November 21, 2014 at 6:38 pm #

I like Olivia’s look.

8. amy November 21, 2014 at 6:05 pm #

Olivia is really selling her look .

9. gabis November 21, 2014 at 5:46 pm #

Amber is my favorite even though I don’t like her shoes.

10. Rebecca Z November 21, 2014 at 5:19 pm #

Not loving any of these–there’s some cringing going on.

11. Anj November 21, 2014 at 5:02 pm #

Amber’s underwear is so distracting. I dislike it as well as her shoes. There was already enough going on with the appliques and band.
    Cody and Olivia have equally solid looks.

12. Christine November 21, 2014 at 4:43 pm #

Olivia Munn is my fav

13. Nat39 November 21, 2014 at 4:39 pm #

Cody’s dress is too young, short and girly for her, would’ve looked much better on Kiernan Shipka, and her hair is a bit overdone for this simple cute look, needed to be a bit more effortless. I prefer the other 2 – Amber’s lip is a bit too harsh, I agree, but I much prefer the sultrier, more sophisticated silhouette of her look, and no one sells shorts better than Olivia Munn – the lightness of fabric and colour and print coordination, teamed with her effortless presentation, are totally lovely.

14. alvaro_spain November 21, 2014 at 4:32 pm #

My fave is Amber Heard

15. Fiona-Brasil November 21, 2014 at 4:29 pm #

All winner looks here!My favorite is Amber.

16. Bailey November 21, 2014 at 4:27 pm #

Cody’s dress is really cute and I like the metallic accessories despite not loving the pointy-toe heels