Menu

January 19, 2012 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Jessica Chastain In Monique Lhuillier – ‘Coriolanus’ New York Premiere

Despite a hectic 2011 on the red carpet, Jessica Chastain isn’t slowing down in 2012.

The busiest woman in Hollywood attended yet another premiere this week, this time for her latest movie, ‘Coriolanus’.

She took to the red carpet at the Paris Theater in New York City on Tuesday wearing a Monique Lhuillier Pre-Fall 2012 gown.

The black-and-white Chantilly lace gown with a rise-and-fall hemline would’ve benefited from some accessories such as a black belt or a clutch.

She’s desperately missing one piece to lift this look.

I know many of you are not a fan of her style, so what do you think about this look?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jessica Alba In Doo.Ri & Erdem - Live With Kelly

Jessica Alba In Doo.Ri & Erdem – Live With Kelly

Rose McGowan In Temperley London - 2012 Art of Elysium Heaven Gala

Rose McGowan In Temperley London – 2012 Art of Elysium Heaven Gala

13 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Monique Lhuillier – ‘Coriolanus’ New York Premiere

1. Jess2 January 23, 2012 at 11:08 am #

I have not been a huge fan of Jessica’s style of late and I have said a few times that her stylist is not accessing her potential but this is one that I actually like. I can over look the need for something a bit more and I love the dress and her hair.

2. allieh January 20, 2012 at 6:51 am #

I like that she doesnt wear clutches, who says all these actresses need to look the same?

That said, dress could use a hem but she is awesome

3. TeaAtTwo January 20, 2012 at 3:31 am #

I think this is a wonderful look, it has interesting vintage feel without being too retro. I like the rise fall hem although the way it fans out does look better on the tall model though it easier to do in a studio rather than on the red carpet. Her curls complement and I love the shot of red lips.

4. Sonya January 19, 2012 at 10:36 pm #

Maybe a belt like her co-star Emma Stone’s from the Globes?

5. What Is The New Black January 19, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

I like it!

6. Dhppy January 19, 2012 at 8:31 pm #

I like this look a lot. I would have preferred this at the Globes.

7. Laura January 19, 2012 at 8:18 pm #

The dress is gorgeous on the model but it needed to be taken up to accommodate Jessica’s lack of height.

8. Anna January 19, 2012 at 8:17 pm #

I actually really like this dress on Jessica; I think it’s one of her best red carpet outings of late. Her frequent lack of clutches doesn’t bother me at all, especially because most stars rarely seem to find clutches that compliment their outfits, so I prefer to see a clutchless gal than a gal with the wrong one.

9. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2012 at 7:41 pm #

I’m in love with this dress! It’s so pretty, chic, and ladylike with just the tiniest bit of quirkiness. Jessica pulls it off beautifully! I would have preferred a clutch, and the hemline would have looked better on someone taller (love it on the model!) but Jess looks fabulous nonetheless! Her hair is particularly beautiful here!

10. Nat39 January 19, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

This is the best look from her so far. This elegant feminine look suits her so well, I don´t even think she needs an accesory as her pretty red hair and bright red lips provide that extra standout touch – simple, elegant, classy, I really like this for her. Less matchy shoes perhaps but hers work just fine.

11. GGG January 19, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

I think she’s beautiful and has a very classic style. She’s obviously not into wearing a bunch of jewelry or accessories… Which is fine by me. 🙂

12. CTgirl January 19, 2012 at 7:25 pm #

So very bad *quietly weeping*

13. Alina January 19, 2012 at 7:24 pm #

Yes, she needed a clutch. On the other hand, I love her hairstyle.

There are 2 situations : the angle of the photo is bad or she is too short to wear this dress.