16.05.13 Premiere

'The Bling Ring' Premiere - The 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival

It was very much a girls’ night out as Emma Watson and her ‘The Bling Ring’ co-stars took to the red carpet tonight for the movie’s premiere during Cannes Film Festival.

Claire Julien: Having stepped out in Balmain earlier today, the blonde actress selected a blush-coloured Emilio Pucci gown which was custom made for her. The strapless gown with sheer inserts and an epic organza train was styled with a gorgeous smile and natural golden waves.

Taissa Farmiga: For her second Cannes look, the actress wore a Valentino Fall 2013 gown, a privilege many more established actresses are yet to enjoy. Her sleeveless black gown with an off-white lace bodice with leather insets at the sides features a tonal lattice beaded embellishment throughout. Side swept tresses and diamond drop earrings completed her look.

Katie Chang: The young actress had the honour of being dressed in Dior tonight. The brand are really staking their claim on this festival this year. Katie wore a Dior white silk crepe gown with a black sash which she styled with Dior Fine Jewelry.

They may be relative unknown celebrities to us, but it looks like fashion brands are taking notice, which is to be applauded.

'The Bling Ring' Premiere - The 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival

Credit: Getty

Sofia Coppola In Louis Vuitton - 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Sofia Coppola In Louis Vuitton – ‘The Bling Ring’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Freida Pinto In Sanchita - 'Jeune & Jolie' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Freida Pinto In Sanchita – ‘Jeune & Jolie’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

27 Responses to Claire Julien In Emilio Pucci, Taissa Farmiga In Valentino & Katie Chang In Dior – ‘The Bling Ring’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Anne May 16, 2013 at 20:43 #

Love Taissa’s Valentino, and what a lovely surprise with the Pucci! That train is stunning. But, Claire’s hair is a disappointment with such a great dress

• Cross May 16, 2013 at 20:47 #

It’s probably the rain that deflated her hair.

• Caterina May 16, 2013 at 21:32 #

Actually it was not raining during the premiere :)
        But I have to say my favorite is Claire… That dress looks stunning.

• Bec May 17, 2013 at 01:16 #

girlfriend should have touched up her roots before Cannes!

• Jess2 May 18, 2013 at 05:02 #

I agree on all points. I love how unique/interesting Taissa’s gown is. I also think Katie’s dress is a bit underwhelming.

2. H May 16, 2013 at 20:47 #

Actually, the name is Taissa Farmiga, getty got it wrong; and I personally like them all.

• Catherine Kallon May 16, 2013 at 22:20 #

thanks

• H May 17, 2013 at 14:35 #

Sure beautiful, congrats on your blog by the way!

3. Nat39 May 16, 2013 at 20:50 #

Claire Julien is easily my favourite – so beautiful and feminine in a very youthful way, glad she kept her hair down and didn’t overwhelm the look with the jewels, it feels so natural, this look really suits her.
    Katie – 2nd, very clean and polished.
    Taissa’s look is too aging/matronly for her.

• Noemi May 16, 2013 at 21:27 #

I agree with you. The Pucci gown is a dream. Taissa Farmiga looks really older than her age.

4. Christine May 16, 2013 at 20:51 #

They all look beautiful. Amazing that they are unknown but can pull big brands. Gotta love Cannes!

5. Yeliz May 16, 2013 at 20:51 #

Taissa is my favourite of the bunch. The gown is stunning. I also love Claire’s gown, the train is gorgeous, but I’m not crazy about her hair and the colour washes her out. Katie looks beautiful too, her gown reminds me of Kirsten Dunst’s pink Dior gown from last year’s festival.

• Mandy May 17, 2013 at 00:58 #

Perfectly said. I love Taissa’s dress she looks very elegant. Claire would have been my favourite if the dress had been a different colour.

6. Blush May 16, 2013 at 20:55 #

I love Tarissa Farga’s gown the best. So french. So Cannes.

7. dee May 16, 2013 at 20:56 #

All the girls look beautiful. Claire’s dress washes her out though. Taissa’s look is my favorite of the bunch. Katie’s hairstyle and hair accessories are gorgeous.

8. R May 16, 2013 at 21:02 #

Claire’s dress washes her out. I love the top half of Taissa’s, but the bottom is meh. And I wish Katie’s had a different, more modern silhouette. It looks sort of dated and old for, which is a shame because I like the simplicity otherwise.

I think Emma wins this round.

• kane May 16, 2013 at 21:44 #

Easily! I agree about the washing out, but Claire’s is the only dress of these that I like. Katie’s comes in second–I can see what they were trying here, but I don’t think it worked too well.

9. Neli May 16, 2013 at 21:46 #

Lucky girls!

10. Yana May 16, 2013 at 22:07 #

Farmiga, not Fariga. She’s the younger sister of actress Vera Farmiga.

11. Lil's May 16, 2013 at 22:31 #

I love the pucci dress. It is so beautiful and elegant. Not such a big fan of the other two

12. Moxie May 16, 2013 at 22:32 #

Dior is divine for Katie. Claire looks good too.

13. CreoleLady May 16, 2013 at 23:12 #

Love the Pucci, not so much on Julien. The hair in the full length pic looks a bit scraggly for one thing. I continue to prefer blush tones on brunettes. Still, all three look nice.

• Fiona May 17, 2013 at 00:56 #

I agree. My favourite is the Dior, young but very elegant. I love how her hair is styled.

14. EmmaWoodhouse May 17, 2013 at 01:40 #

They’re a pretty welldressed cast…I mean, I’m not in love with every look but there’s a level of continuity and they’re keeping it pretty classy. Claire Julien’s delightfully fitted, dramatically trained gown is my favorite here, although her hair needs a trim. Taissa’s Valention is interesting, I don’t LOVE it but she’s pulling it off. Katie’s dress is elegant, though it’s a bit simple.

15. Alina May 17, 2013 at 08:54 #

I think they all look better than Emma.

Love Claire’s dress!

16. Ariadne May 17, 2013 at 13:03 #

Emma’s still the best for me, but Taissa looks the best among the three.

17. Jenn May 19, 2013 at 23:59 #

I think its pretty obvious after watching interviews that Claire is the most outgoing of the bunch so the dress is perfect for her. Katie probably wanted to just be comfortable and play it safe, as it was her first premiere and being at Cannes at 18 can be overwhelming for all. Taissa looked beautiful but I agree with an above comment that it could be a little matronly.