Kerry Washington In Michael Kors – 2013 MTV Movie Awards

Kerry Washington In Michael Kors - 2013 MTV Movie Awards

Kerry Washington was back on the red carpet as one of the presenters at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards held at the Sony Pictures Studios in Culver City, California on Sunday evening.

The ‘Scandal’ actress showcased her love for a high-low hemline once again, wearing a look from the Michael Kors Fall 2013 collection.

Almost similar in style to Zoe Saldana’s look, Kerry’s dress features a solid black long-sleeved top; however, her stand-out piece features a bold neon-orange flowing train.

I had pictured someone much taller wearing this peplum gown, but Kerry is never one to shy away from a statement-making red carpet moment.

There is no doubt in my mind that this gown is going to be the marmite look of the evening; you will either love it or hate it.

Even though the gown was supposed to be the centre of attention, Kerry added an orange ostrich Klutch it by Kele clutch. I wish her clutch had been simple and black like her Roger Vivier pumps.

The clutch is the only downside of her look for me.

So, do you love it or hate it?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emma Watson In Maxime Simoens - 2013 MTV Movie Awards

Emma Watson In Maxime Simoens – 2013 MTV Movie Awards

Amanda Seyfried In Three Floor - 2013 MTV Movie Awards

Amanda Seyfried In Three Floor – 2013 MTV Movie Awards

45 Responses to Kerry Washington In Michael Kors – 2013 MTV Movie Awards

1. Charlotte April 15, 2013 at 10:56 #

I don’t like the clutch and the shoes. I’m not fond od the dress but Kerry looks great.

2. Yeliz April 15, 2013 at 11:02 #

Normally I’m a huge fan of Kerry’s style, but I just can’t love this look. If the dress didn’t have that train, I might have liked it, but not this version. And I don’t like the clutch and the shoes either. From the neck down she looks gorgeous as always.

• Yeliz April 15, 2013 at 11:02 #

*From the neck up

• Mandy April 15, 2013 at 11:36 #

Agree. I loathe that train and the length of the peplum.

• Christine April 15, 2013 at 14:27 #

Agreed. Not liking this look. The train looks unfinished.

3. Martin April 15, 2013 at 11:03 #

This look is a complete mess for me. The model was BARELY able to pull it off on the runway, but Kerry fails on all counts. Can’t say it’s her fault though, because the actual dress is shambolic. The top half of it looks too tight and that train (both the colour and the quality of the fabric) is tacky and tragic. Note to Michael Kors: leave the high-low skirts to Raf Simons at Christian Dior. I never thought I’d say this about Kerry Washington on the red carpet, but this dress makes her look completely foolish and out of her depth.

• Carolina April 15, 2013 at 12:04 #

Agreed on all counts.

4. CreoleLady April 15, 2013 at 11:05 #

Hate it. Not a fan of yellow/black combos, pumps do nothing for this look, and the train looks faintly ridiculous. Both Kors and Kerry have done better.

• dee April 15, 2013 at 13:33 #

5. Denise April 15, 2013 at 11:06 #

A big NO from me too! A rare miss for the beautiful Kerry.

6. TL April 15, 2013 at 11:21 #

Hate

7. ariadne April 15, 2013 at 11:29 #

Don’t like the dress. She looks beautiful from the neck up.

8. Rafael April 15, 2013 at 11:34 #

I love it!

9. Amy April 15, 2013 at 11:49 #

FC is right regarding the dress, you either hate it or love. I’m not a big fan , I saw closeup pics and the yellow train looks like a mess, as if someone put it there at the last minute.

10. Neli April 15, 2013 at 12:02 #

No. Looks bad and why always she goes to pumps? O.o

11. ana April 15, 2013 at 12:05 #

From neck up it is ok, otherwise FAIL in all aspects.

12. Kathy April 15, 2013 at 12:11 #

Is it just me or is this very reminiscent of Dior’s Fall 2012 couture collection (Raf’s debut)? It must be the minimalist feel, and the combo of the black top and yellow skirt. Anyway, I don’t think this dress suits Kerry. She doesn’t have the height for it, and even if she did, I’m not sure she could’ve pulled it off. The hemline is certainly tricky, and can easily look like a frumpy cape. Unfortunately, Kerry’s shoes are so dull they bring the look down further.

13. Toyosi April 15, 2013 at 12:22 #

I can’t fault it really, I’ve missed seeing her on the red carpet and this is a welcomed returned. The colour is magnificent, you would think that someone taller would need to pull it off, but she more than does the dress justice and she looks beautiful. Yet the clutch is kind of lost/camouflaged by the skirt, I find that I don’t really care.

• Taylor April 15, 2013 at 15:50 #

Totally agree…

14. Jai April 15, 2013 at 12:44 #

I detest this dress. A random piece of orange satin thrown around an average lbd. What’s to like? Nothing!

• Hermoine April 15, 2013 at 13:19 #

Well said

15. Joy Montgomery April 15, 2013 at 12:51 #

The dress is great, Kerry is just too short for it. If anything she should have worn really high heels to add some length. Plus she doesnt look her normally confident self. I think she realised this wasnt her best look.

16. Mm April 15, 2013 at 13:01 #

she looks better than the model in dress. I love the look.

17. justme April 15, 2013 at 13:07 #

*looks at the comments*
    Don’t worry, FC. Your backup has arrived lol, I like this look too.

I wish the peplum detail was more defined like on the model and Kerry seriously needed to get rid of that clutch BUT this is a nice effort imo.

• Catherine Kallon April 15, 2013 at 14:04 #

LOL… :D

18. gabis April 15, 2013 at 13:16 #

I love her hair, makeup and earrings but that’s about it. For everything else I prefer the runway version. The LBD underneath fits much better on the model, the flowing train with the slit on the middle looks much much better and I prefer it with ankle-cuff sandals.
    Kerry’s look failed completely but the shoes are the worst part. A real disaster.

19. Anne April 15, 2013 at 13:44 #

I really like this look (but totally agree on the clutch- In fact, I thought she was just holding part of the train). I love the tangerine color against the black.

20. Leo April 15, 2013 at 14:02 #

Such a hard look to pull off, but Kerry has “it”. She makes this work, even with some too heavy shoes.

21. tomas dano April 15, 2013 at 14:53 #

OMG this dress is tragic! Copy of Dior! Michael Kors failed as a designer completely! And Kerry failed too…she looks cheap just like the dress does too.

22. Moxie April 15, 2013 at 15:07 #

Sorry, but this is a major fail. She looks like she’s wearing a LBD and got caught up in a deflated life raft. Nothing is working here.

23. Rebecca Z April 15, 2013 at 16:07 #

Not even Kerry can pull this mess off.

24. bas April 15, 2013 at 17:10 #

From the neck up, she is perfection, but, I really hate everything else, The dress looks cheap, those shoes are kind of too heavy for april, and the clutch doesn’t work for me.

25. mg April 15, 2013 at 18:19 #

26. Hailey April 15, 2013 at 18:25 #

I love it! I think not many people would even attempt this look, and she pulls it off. Not a fan of the clutch though.

27. TeaAtTwo April 15, 2013 at 19:32 #

Kerry looks better in it than the runway model but that doesn’t mean it’s a good outfit. I love the saffron hue, it just needs to be in different design.

28. Pedro April 15, 2013 at 20:09 #

She looks terrible!

I love the saffron hue but the dress look really ugly on her

29. Nat39 April 15, 2013 at 21:10 #

I think that Kerry is simply a wrong person for this gown, she is not carrying it well.

30. tuftufwang April 15, 2013 at 21:32 #

What in the world is wrong with MK? This is a hideous mess of a frock! Looks cheap and I absolutely hate it

31. EmmaWoodhouse April 15, 2013 at 21:53 #

Adoring that marigold color–
    but that’s it. Sadly this look falls flat for me. Very deflated and costumey. Her shoes and clutch were wrong too.

32. Nat April 16, 2013 at 03:45 #

This dress doesn’t work on the model and not on her. I love her style but this was a big mistake for me.

33. IB April 16, 2013 at 17:21 #

KW should hire the Scandal wadrobe people for big occasions. I’m so happy they are dressing her in the show because I wouldn’t watch it if she wore the mess she has on now. She has no sense of fashion. Every award show I’ve seen her in has disaster outfits, even the NAACP Award. She must have Stevie Wonder dressing her. She is totally clueless in fashion and much too thin. She’s my favorite actress but she needs help in the fashion department and at the food table. Her and Zoe Salandar equals one person.

34. Haven April 17, 2013 at 01:26 #

I loved The dress and I loved it even more on her. Kerry looked amazing! I do not care what anyone says. It is chic, modern and daring. She really took a chance ,and I admire that. Kerry was THE most glamorous at the MTV Video Awards (Oh, and Karlie Kloss)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. Calgary carpet April 17, 2013 at 19:24 #

That’s a pretty daring and awesome dress!

36. Parvati April 17, 2013 at 22:54 #

I hate it. It looks like she just wrapped a big piece of fabric around her waist.

37. katie April 19, 2013 at 16:24 #

I love it!she is rocking it,othe people would look like a bumble bee gone wrong, but not Kerry