Zendaya Coleman In Alice + Olivia – 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Zendaya Coleman In Alice + Olivia - 2013 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards

Zendaya Coleman joined her co-star Bella Thorne on the red carpet at the 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards, held at USC’s Galen Center in Los Angeles, California on Saturday evening.

She looked adorable as always wearing an Alice + Olivia Spring 2013 dress which we’ve seen a few times before.

You may remember that Sami Gayle wore this same dress two week ago, plus AnnaSophia Robb wore it on the set of ‘The Carrie Diaries’.

In an attempt to make the beaded collar look her own, Zendaya styled her dress with a light blue sweater, a fuchsia clutch and brown strappy booties.

From the ankle up I like this look; the booties clash terribly with the cutesiness of her look.

On occasion edgy footwear can work with a sweet dress, but the attempt failed this time around.

Do Zendaya’s shoes work for you?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Miranda Cosgrove In Stella McCartney - 2013 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards

Miranda Cosgrove In Stella McCartney – 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Victoria Justice In Pia Pauro - 2013 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards

Victoria Justice In Pia Pauro – 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

17 Responses to Zendaya Coleman In Alice + Olivia – 2013 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

1. Nat39 March 24, 2013 at 18:00 #

The addition of the sweater, although not bad, doesn´t make much sense, the hair should´ve been pulled up to show off the beaded collar, and the ugly booties are way out of place.

• Nat39 March 24, 2013 at 23:56 #

I understand what people are saying about the sweater being a solid background to showcase the collar, and it does work quite well, but the whole beauty of this look is how that pretty beaded collar plays off the soft print of the dress with the waist-defining belt completing this adorable look perfectly. It´s a ´self-sufficient´ dress, no need to ´reinvent the bicycle´ on this occasion.

• Tammy March 30, 2013 at 21:22 #

I partially agree with you on the ugly booties but I feel putting her hair up will give her a dreaded “old librarian look”. The wavy curls compliment the pattern and flowiness of the skirt

2. Angela March 24, 2013 at 18:18 #

Hair=perfect, smooth, breezy, light, and I love the highlights
    Sweater+skirt= Beading collar is gorgeous, pret skirt with nice colors
    Clutch=love the dramatic pink
    Shoes=MY EYES. Would’ve been much better fit to have worn some light pastel sandals.

3. justme March 24, 2013 at 18:25 #

The sweater provides a solid coloured canvas to showcase the beaded collar. Otherwise, it just blends with the dress. I also love her accessories. The pink clutch, the gold watch… everything works for me.

BUT those shoes? They’d be hot on their own but they totally clash here.

It’s shame, she would have been my best dressed at this event.

4. Christine March 24, 2013 at 18:25 #

Cute look from the ankles up. It weighs it down.

5. Yeliz March 24, 2013 at 20:35 #

I think the sweater was a great addition, I really like the dress with it. But I’m definitely not liking the shoes, looks so out of place.

6. Moxie March 24, 2013 at 21:27 #

Love it from the ankles up. I think the sweater adds just the right touch and really helps frame the collar. But those shoes… what was she thinking?

• admmgz March 27, 2013 at 20:47 #

• dee July 8, 2013 at 17:36 #

7. EmmaWoodhouse March 25, 2013 at 02:05 #

Ankles up (those shoes are all kinds of wrong) it’s a cute look. But the skirt is so flat compared to the effervescence and fullness of the model’s. I miss that.

8. MissInfatuated March 25, 2013 at 03:40 #

I like everything but the shoes. Everything is wrong about that pair of shoes

9. Alicat March 25, 2013 at 04:44 #

The dress is pretty so why cover it up with a sweater? Agree the shoes are totally wrong. Dark and heavy when the rest of the look is pastel and fresh.

10. Amy March 25, 2013 at 09:01 #

these shoes break my heart. Barefoot would have been better than this. It kills the whole thing

11. Jess2 March 25, 2013 at 10:56 #

The shoes were a terrible idea. I love the dress so I don’t really understand the jumper.

12. Ste3f June 12, 2013 at 14:41 #

I understand where people are coming from about the shoes but the whole idea of this outfit is not about the cuteness its about the edge! The shoes are meant to catch your eyes and Zendaya’s style is edgy and different that is the whole point. The shoes do work but only she could have pulled it off. all in all = stunning as always! <3

13. Jasmine August 18, 2013 at 19:58 #

I really love zendayas style xx
    I really love her dress and jumper with it
    And her hair looks great she’s one of my
    Style icons xx I also agree with Ste3f with
    The edge part and she still looks great
    #wantherdresssomuch
    How much is the dress and where did she get her jumper from??